Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Thoughts on my new 2012

Go down 
+11
realbtl
honda_silver
JeffR_
Old Limey
john grinsel
model28a
dikkiedo
bikerboy
"Hi Yo"
The Scootist
GHM-PM
15 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Thoughts on my new 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:59 am

Well I have almost 200 miles on my 'wing now so thought a little feedback might be in order.

I have ridden motorcycles since 1970. My first bike was a Yamaha Yl-1 a 100cc 2 stroke twin street bike! Since I have ridden many dirt and street bikes over the years and have always preferred the quality of Hondas. At my age I still love Trail 90-110's in fact I still have two one in AZ and one in WA. Love those little bikes they can go anywhere and not get me in too much trouble Wink My last bike that I traded in on the wing was an 09 Kawasaki KLR. Great bike but a bit to top heavy for this old fart. Dropped it once on the trail and w/o help I would not have been able to lift it back up (it fell on an incline). I put over 2K on it in the last year but it was really not the right bike for me. Most of my dirt is done on the Trail 90's so that left street for the KLR and it is not the most comfortable.

The Silver Wing imho is an awesome looking scoot; like a baby brother to a Gold Wing. But it is not like driving a car with two wheels. I have a car and a truck and my wife has a car so I did not need anything as big as a Kaw Vulcan, V-Star or the Gold Wing. We plan to do some two-up riding on day trips but that will be the extent of it so the SW should perform great. I may take it on some overnighters solo and it should do great in that application as well.

The first scooter I ever rode was an old Honda with 20K on it I rented in Cozumel Mexico about 6 years ago. That poor old battered scoot was a fun way to get around the island! Taught me a new respect for scooters in general! My wife recently bought a Honda Metropolitan 50cc scooter and as she doesn't have her license yet I have been riding it while she learns. It has the CVT as does the SW so I was prepared for that.

The Silver Wing is heavier than the KLR but oddly enough feels more maneuverable due to the low center of gravity. I love the fact that the wing has a centerstand and a sidestand. I also love the fact that I can flat-foot the wing; I never could put both feet down flat on the KLR even though I am 6 foot. It was always balls-of-the-feet at a stop (kinda scary off-road on an incline). The clock is a nice touch; I always moaned about that on the road with the KLR, kept meaning to put a stick on clock on the dash but never did. The storage compartments are handy! I had the dealer install the 12 volt plug in the left one for charging accessories. santa

The CVT takes a bit to get used to since I have ridden with clutches a bunch over the years but actually I am adjusting well, there is so much power on tap that accelerating around a corner is actually easier as you don't end up in the wrong gear! The KLR had the best headlight on a motorcycle I had seen but the Silver Wing has an even better one! Great lighting!

The first tank of fuel got me 51.7 mpg so I was pleasantly surprised! I picked up an oil filter and oil yesterday so I can change oil in the near future!

Thoughts on my new 2012 Speedonew

For those of you that didn't believe my scoot had 0 miles on it at purchase! sunny It most certainly did!

So to summarize (finally) I am pleased with the Silver Wing so far, it has power, looks, and is easy to ride and I can't wait to get back on it and RIDE!!!

Last edited by GHM-PM on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:56 am

Glenn:
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your new Swing. You have a lot of experience with riding varous types of bikes, so your perspective is interesting. I look forward to hearing more from you as you spend more time on your Swing. Take care and be safe.
DCC
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Thoughts on my new 2012 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:52 am

Glenn, Thanks for the report. Careful getting the wife licensed or you might find yourself putting on the Metro. Smile Be sure to check out the pictorials and reports on changing the oil or you might find youself with a rounded tappet and your oil spring and screen missing. Seriously, the Silverwing has some differences and reading the reports and pictorials might save you a headache. A lot of good people have helped us all. After two years, I sometimes wonder why that left foot is just sitting there and not shifting gears. Smile
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:14 pm

I've just completed my first year on the SWing and I'm impressed with the handling and the ease of riding, in fact I found it so easy when I first started that I had to remind myself to put my feet down when I stopped ! I have also just had both wheels out for new tyres and there are some seriously good bits of machine under the plastic, typical Honda. The only 'snag' was the weight of the silencer/catalyser and the struggle to disconnect the O2 sensor plug....How do you compress three barbs at the same time !
Back to top Go down
dikkiedo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 am

hey glad to see you ended up with the bike that fits you. its not as much fun when you have a bike that is too tall or to heavy. 200 miles that is awsome im sure your looking forward to putting as much miles as possible on it. i had the 09 klrs stablemate the 09 klx 250s it was terribly tall for me and i never felt secure on it because of that. i think when you find the perfect bike for you it makes all the difference in how much you ride and how much you enjoy it. i hope you continue to enjoy your swing and keep it rubber side down.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm

dikkiedo wrote:
hey glad to see you ended up with the bike that fits you. its not as much fun when you have a bike that is too tall or to heavy.
You are right but your bike can also be to light or to low for you. Right now I'm riding my Morphous and it is to low for me to put my legs straight when I stop and it hurts my hips. It's Ok for short local rides or a long ride where I don't have to put my feet down to often. But I sure can't wait to get my Wing. back on the road. The Morphous is so wide I can't even put both feet down at a stop (not to safe) but I have no problem with the the Wing with the cutouts built into the running boards.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 am

200 miles not much to form impression----go out and put at least a quick 5,000 on it and then you will know bike. SilverWing while heavy, works well. Don't make changes until you are well familar with bike. Windshield necessary, GIVI Adjustable seems to work best, throttle stop for nose picking=NEP, GIVI rack and box good set up, Baker Air Wings stop pants flapping. Honda Shop manual nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:39 am

I have to agree with John,200ml is about average for a days run on this forum.I have just reached the two year date when i got my o7 swing with 1,380mls on it. It just turned over 20,064 mls and I now consider it run in and comfortable to my liking,after trying a different combination of tyres and the larger screen,not to mention the sheepskin cover on the seat.I don't do one off long runs of thousands of miles, i just ride at least every two days or so and in England, that usually means in the rain. Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:06 am

Good advice, I suppose but with temps in the 110's it is not going to happen for a while Evil or Very Mad

Robert and I are going to take a short ride this morning, but our plan is to be back before the ferocious heat descends.

I realize 200 miles is not a lot to make a judgement but I can generalize due to the years of riding I have done...
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Temperature in 110's my God i think i would melt!I have three riding outfits,one for deep winter, one for milder days and a summer one. Like yourself i've been riding over fifty years now, every ride makes me feel sixteen again, when i stop getting that feeling it will be time to quit, but, until then!! Cool
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Glenn,

I have family in Mesa and have been there in the summer, and I can't understand how you all can live in those temps. I know you don't have a choice since you live there, but that is so hot. Have you tried those vests you can put ice in? I know it would only give a bit of relief but just wondering if you have tried them. When I go east of the Bay Area it gets in the high 90's almost always in the summer and I have used a vest that you put ice packs in and it seems to help a bit.

My sister's family had a party once at their house and my brother in law went out and bought big blocks of ice to put in their pool. Even with the heater off in the summer, the water would get too warm to stay in it long.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Jeff, no haven't tried them but doubt they would last very long... Only answer is ride EARLY or at night!!!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Good advice, I suppose but with temps in the 110's it is not going to happen for a while Evil or Very Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8NocCkbJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z625hCKQDkc

I ride year round with LDComfort liner.

When the weather gets hot, then add my LDComfort shirts ( I have both long and short) and if I need to my LDComfort shorts (I have both long and short).

I tend to ride more with my longer versions (pants and shorts), because I can feel the huge difference on the uncovered portions.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Very nice but my budget is a bit short right now... Those 'wings ain't cheap ya know.
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm

I picked up my new 12 this afternoon and it too showed 0 miles- actually 0.1 on the trip odo. Now reads 63, should have the 600 mile check done next week as I'm planning a little jaunt to Canada around the 4th. A trip to Glacier and maybe an overnight to Helena ought to do it.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 pm

realbtl,

Congrats on your new SWing. Keep us informed on how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 4:01 pm

There's a lot of posts about hot weather riding, not much about winter riding, and hardly anything about riding in the rain. I've found since getting the Wing that the lower leg wind deflectors are excellent for weather protection, and the Airflow works best at keeping the rain off your gloves at over 50mph.

I got back from Germany this morning and it rained almost everyday, apart from one day when I wore full rain gear, most of the time I just wore my rain jacket over my vented suit. This was more comfortable and cooler especially wearing a Knox back protector all the time. Even during sudden heavy rain showers my summer suit didn't leak and would dry quickly, and I didn't bother with rain gloves at all.

My Airflow didn't move despite hundreds of miles at autobahn speeds, I did remove the top section and tighten up the 10mm nuts before riding the Kyffhäuser one afternoon, so it's hard to say if this was due to the retainers, or doing a little something to the top section that Tagg suggested.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Meldrew wrote:
it rained almost everyday, apart from one day when I wore full rain gear
This is one the best ways to make sure that is will not rain. all tho it is an inconvenient way to do it.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Thank you for your early review. Being that you have had several motorcycles throughout your life, you know that having one type of motorcycle compromises the remaining style of riding. In terms that one motorcycle is best suited for a particular type of riding. The SW is a great in town bike and it does well on the highway.

For me, two up the SW is over loaded and if I am going to try to camp off of it, it too gets over loaded. I am a big guy... 250 lbs so the SW thinks it is going two up all the time!

In the last 12 years or so, I have always had 2.5 motorcycles. The .5 represents the motorcycle that is for sale because I bought a different one and so one has to go. My long term limit for motorcycles is 2 but I always find one before I get rid of one.

I will be 59 next month and I own a SW and a Goldwing. When my long distance touring is done... (never know when that happens) I will sell the Goldwing and the SW I have now will be my last motorcycle.

The Silverwing does almost everything that I would require from one motorcycle. It doesn't do everything well..... but it covers the bases well enough that once I leave the long distance touring alone, I will be very well satisfied with the Silverwing.

Hopefully I will live quite awhile longer and be able to enjoy the SW and the forum and develop some friendships along the way. I will be a Silverwing owner long term.

Thoughts on my new 2012 75reduced
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:32 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Glenn,

I have family in Mesa and have been there in the summer, and I can't understand how you all can live in those temps. I know you don't have a choice since you live there, but that is so hot. Have you tried those vests you can put ice in? I know it would only give a bit of relief but just wondering if you have tried them. When I go east of the Bay Area it gets in the high 90's almost always in the summer and I have used a vest that you put ice packs in and it seems to help a bit.

My sister's family had a party once at their house and my brother in law went out and bought big blocks of ice to put in their pool. Even with the heater off in the summer, the water would get too warm to stay in it long.

I agree... being from the NW we have almost too cool of climate, but I went to Phoenix in April for some sunshine and the day I got there it got to 103. It was not as uncomfortable as a humid 103, but a 103 never the less. The heat zapped the energy out of me for sure on the scooter.

I know things like that are all relative, as I lived in El Paso a few years and it is very similar. Visitors here in June are wearing sweat shirts and jackets and the locals are wearing shorts and tee shirts. The same in reverse.

I am envious of the large amount of the year that people can ride motorcycles there.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Larry, I appreciate the comments. For me the best all-around motorcycle is the Honda Trail 90-110. These little buggers are light and will go almost anywhere albeit slowly... If one falls over I can lift it easily w/o busting a gut! With the dual range transmission they have ungodly torque, they are street-legal but with a top speed of 40-50 downhill be careful. Got one to 65 once when I dropped it out of an airplane...just kidding.

I am 59 and run 240 so put pressure on my rides as well. On my primary 90 I changed the fork springs, rear shocks and now it doesn't bottom with my fat arse upon it Laughing

I had a CB750 for many years, the original 1969! Put loads of miles on it what a great steed, not great in twisties but fantastic on the freeway. Commuted 150 miles+ per day on it for a while and it did wonderful.

The Silverwing is very nice, quiet and smooth. It will work for a long time I think! I don't do any cross-country touring so I think it will work fine for my needs. When I get to feeble to ride it I anticipate keeping a Trail 90 til the bitter end Neutral
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 pm

We are saying the same thing but a little different perspective. The SW is a keeper for sure.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 pm

larryinseattle wrote:
The SW is a great in town bike and it does well on the highway.

The Silver Wing has enough poke to pass anything on European roads, it's used as a very able tourer by both solo riders and couples, so I don't know why you keep referring it to a 'town bike'.

It may not be ideal for lugging the amount of camping gear you think necessary for touring, but the European way is to take lightweight equipment as used by backpackers, or mountaineers. There's a very large network of biker hotels throughout Europe to cater for singles and couples, and camp sites with ready erected tents or mobile home/trailer type accommodation etc.

Last year some members of another UK forum I'm on, took their Silver Wings on an Alpine tour and some Italian riders they know toured the UK on theirs. So calling it a town bike is insulting a great touring scooter.

I arrived back home today from my short break in Thuringia and mine coped admirably with bad weather, hours of autobahn riding at 70-90mph, the Kyffhaüser twisties, miles of damp twisty roads with adverse camber and armco barriers, cross winds, cobbled streets and roads etc. Don't forget I'm not into all this fancy fork springs stuff either, I've fitted the more practical options of fork protectors and a front mud flap instead, and not once did I feel my bog standard Silver Wing struggled. In fact when I was enjoying the quiet freedom of their roads, I often thought that the heavier lardass 650 Burgman I used to have would have been a pain in the a** to ride on the long winding ascents and descents. So my 'town bike' now proudly displays the Thuringian flag and coat of arms.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Meldrew wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:
The SW is a great in town bike and it does well on the highway.

The Silver Wing has enough poke to pass anything on European roads, it's used as a very able tourer by both solo riders and couples, so I don't know why you keep referring it to a 'town bike'.

It may not be ideal for lugging the amount of camping gear you think necessary for touring, but the European way is to take lightweight equipment as used by backpackers, or mountaineers. There's a very large network of biker hotels throughout Europe to cater for singles and couples, and camp sites with ready erected tents or mobile home/trailer type accommodation etc.

Last year some members of another UK forum I'm on, took their Silver Wings on an Alpine tour and some Italian riders they know toured the UK on theirs. So calling it a town bike is insulting a great touring scooter.

So my 'town bike' now proudly displays the Thuringian flag and coat of arms.

Good commentary and that works for you in Europe. I wish I could gallivant around Europe on a motorcycle. When I lived in Germany, I used to travel on bicycle there, and stayed in the youth hostels or my German relatives homes, so I have some knowledge of that.

In the USA, we have motels and camp grounds. If I go moto camping.... my girl friend likes to go along. Just the two of us on the Silverwing brings the bike to the maximum allowable weight. I am 250lbs and she weight 125lbs. That is 375. I can't even bring an extra tee shirt along. So, that is why my Goldwing is in my stable and it is my choice for touring / moto-camping.

The Silverwing is a great bike. If I so choose to do so, I would not hesitate to take off solo from Seattle and ride across the country with it. However, I would probably stay in motels and eat in restaurants on the trip. I prefer to moto camp. I usually eat better, sleep better and keep better company in a camp ground than in a motel. And it gives more of a sense of adventure.

If I were to get a paid trip to Europe somehow..... I would more than likely ship the Silverwing rather than the Goldwing. I would visit the small towns and stay in guesthouses and travel lodges and enjoy the experience like a regular tourist using the SW as my main mode of transportation.

In 2015, We have a trip planned to Australia. I will be shipping my Goldwing there, the two of us plan to ride with other Goldwing owners that live there and a few others that plan to attend a meet and greet there. For us, it will be a moto-camping adventure.

If I may give a different example. If I had only one pair of shoes, I would wear that pair no matter what the planned activity. If I have two pairs of shoes, I would choose the pair that is best for the planned activity.

I am very grateful and blessed to to have a choice in motorcycles. It is not something I always had in life. There were times I had to sell my only motorcycle to pay the rent, my child's braces, or her college education.

Thank you for commenting on my post.

I will make you a standing offer. If you ever get to the Seattle area, I would love to treat you to a cup of coffee and hear about your motorcycle adventures. If I ever get over there, same thing would apply but you would have to spring for the coffee.

By the way, that would go for any forum member traveling to the Pacific Northwest.

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 am

I've been to Seattle and surprisingly I found the coffee there no better than anywhere else I've been in the US, UK, or Europe.

One of the most memorable and best tasting cups of coffee I've had for ages was late last week in a Dutch motorway service station after pulling in there to fill up the scooter. It came out of an anonymous looking self-service vending machine that ground the beans before brewing your coffee. It cost €1.20 and for taste satisfaction and value was much better than anything that I've ordered in Starbucks, or had made by a barista in a trendy coffee shop.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am

Meldrew wrote:

I don't know why you keep referring it to a 'town bike'.

+1. Never ride mine in town 'cos

a) it's easier to get around on foot or pedal cycle (small town)
b) there are too many idiot punks/dickheads/pillocks (delete as appropriate to location!) tearing about pretending they are race drivers, and

c) you should be on the open road with your Wing!! That's where it's meant to be!Laughing
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:27 pm

What a great thread! I'm in the USA and have traveled a bit in Europe. There's a difference in distances between interesting things to see in the two areas, which dictates the size of 'bike you might choose.
However, IMHO I like my vehicles as small as possible. I don't like the idea of being "responsible" for a large vehicle. Meaning, I like the way small and light vehicles handle and especially maneuver/park in cities. I feel safer in/on small vehicles because they can more easily avoid accidents due to their better handling characteristics. Physics wins out in accident avoidance and I'll take my chances if I'm in one.
Now, if we could only get the really poor stopping/turning vehicles off the road (large SUV's/pickups)! (Please take this statement in jest, all of you owners of these very popular vehicles!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my new 2012   Thoughts on my new 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on my new 2012
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: