Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
moosedaisy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  Empty
PostSubject: Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?    Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:19 pm

I took my first long ride on my new to me 07. I liked almost everything about it but two things. The but stopper pushes me too far foreword. So I took it off. That solved the space issue but know I'm sitting on the metal bracket. I'm guessing I'll either remove it or maybe glue a pad to it.

My main issue is the rear suspension. We were riding two up so I dialed it up to number 5. It still bottomed out a lot and there was quite a lot of pogo like action. I was wondering if there is a way to adress this issue. Any after market rear shocks maybe?
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?    Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey,

You may want to check out this link:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/message/64117

I found this picture on the site too:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/photos/album/1917567421/pic/709007731/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Some on this site have added a 3/8" PVC spacer in the rear springs to help out. I have never done this but a few people I guess really say it helps. It sounds like a very easy mod and if you don't like it you can just remove it. If you do this please tell us how you like it and maybe take a few pics to show us how you did this. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?    Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

First how much weight are you putting on it? Calculate weight of rider and passenger, stuff you are carrying, accessories fuel---then check operator manual for load capacity. Overload? No shock/spring combo will overcome that-----I believe critical is rear tire, in hot weather/overload/under inflation---weakest point. Hitting shocks on bump stops a usual sign of overload. Be Careful and overload = funny and dangerous handling in my book---Brake capacity? 2007 not new, lots of miles, not overloaded, shocks/springs done?
Back to top Go down
moosedaisy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?    Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:22 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Hey,

You may want to check out this link:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/message/64117

I found this picture on the site too:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/photos/album/1917567421/pic/709007731/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Some on this site have added a 3/8" PVC spacer in the rear springs to help out. I have never done this but a few people I guess really say it helps. It sounds like a very easy mod and if you don't like it you can just remove it. If you do this please tell us how you like it and maybe take a few pics to show us how you did this. Good luck.

This looks interesting. I could not tell from the pic where the spacer is located. Can one of you guys shed some more light on this mod for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?    Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anything be done to improve the rear suspension?
Page 1 of 1