Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Picked up my Mother's Day present today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Picked up my Mother's Day present today Empty
PostSubject: Picked up my Mother's Day present today   Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:39 pm

I picked up my new Silverwing this afternoon. I'm still getting used to it. (uploaded a pic to my gallery). Very, very different from my F bike, but I think I'm going to like it. My hubby has been snagging it to run random errands. He says it goes 90, no problem. My 22 year old said the same thing. I havn't gotten there quite yet--still giving myself time to adjust to how reading the apex of a turn is different as is the braking. I swear I'm going to put my right foot through the plastic--well, probably not, but my brain is still adjusting to ten years' worth of having a rear brake under my right foot.
It's very smooth, which I'm pleased about, and very quiet, which I also appreciate. Since I'm pretty short, the stock windshield seems to be just fine with my full-face helmet.
My next challenge will be navigating the streets in the town where our main office is. I'm used to riding through town, but we're in the foothills of the Blue Ridge here, so a typical street here can drop an entire story (like ten feet) over the course of only one block. Not so hard going down, but a bit trickier going uphill, I think. My driveway is a mini-version of this, so I'm getting practice going up and down the drive. More to come....
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Happy Moms day to you   Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Wow, what a nice present. I always get socks for Fathers day. But I guess I should be thankful I have feet to put the socks on. Welcome to the forum. You are going to like it here. And you will be whipping up and down hills and around corners in no time. Just learn at a safe pace. Swings are such a joy to ride .... even just cruising at 5 MPH.
Gary
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my Mother's Day present today   Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:50 pm

churchlady53 wrote:
My next challenge will be navigating the streets in the town where our main office is. I'm used to riding through town, but we're in the foothills of the Blue Ridge here, so a typical street here can drop an entire story (like ten feet) over the course of only one block. Not so hard going down, but a bit trickier going uphill, I think. My driveway is a mini-version of this, so I'm getting practice going up and down the drive. More to come....

Just remember if you start down the hill at less than 15 MPH, then you will not have the engine braking ... just a little throttle you will hear the engine wind up and the transmission kick in, then you can release the throttle the SWing will start the engine braking to help with your downhills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my Mother's Day present today   Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:33 am

Churchlady great post. So much like my experience. Smile The guys in my group keep asking how fast I have gone. I have had it up to 70 and that will probably be as fast as I will ever go. So glad you are getting used to you new bike. I'm loving mine and did the same thing with my foot for several hundred miles!!! jocolor After awhile it got sort of funny to me, my foot would just come up in the air getting ready for that foot brake. It is an adjustment but it keeps getting better.
I agree about the windshild also. I'm short and plus I had the seat lowered so the windshild along with my full face shield seems to be working well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up my Mother's Day present today   Picked up my Mother's Day present today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up my Mother's Day present today
Page 1 of 1