Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cleaning Windscreen

Go down 
+5
NWSSC
viclavigne
Old Limey
larryinseattle
tinman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Cleaning Windscreen Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:02 am

I had herd that using Pledge on the windscreen is good for driving in the rain.After cleaning my Swing,I decided to try it on my windscreen.It made a big change on the clarity of the screen.Then I decided to use it on the tupperware .My Precious never look so good.You don't have to wait to dry and no powder residue .This will be the way that I wax from now on.
chickendance motorcycle
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:25 am

Pledge is good, but it gives up its qualities pretty fast. I use it on my tupperware, but on the windshield, I use Mequires Plastic Polish which is good for all vinyl windows and also does a great job on your helmet shield. For me, it lasts two to three weeks.

I bought it at Walmart and a small bottle costs $6.00 and it has lasted two seasons for two motorcycles and my helmets.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:58 am

I used Mequires to remove cigarette smells in a vehicle that i purchase.It work great but cost $20.00 for a small bottle. I clean my Swing after every ride.Living in the North I sometime clean my shield and windscreen up to 4 times a day and I cary a windex spay bottle and paper towel all the time.Most
riders don't go on the HWay after dust,just go and stand outside a coffee shop looking at there rides. I ride 80KL in any direction to go for a coffee At night and look out for bears and moose.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Someone advised using Pledge furniture polish on the screen,I tried it and wasn't impressed. I found Methalated spirits really clears all dirt off, for every day cleaning i keep a cloth (that i have rinsed in soapy water) in a plastic bag to keep it moist, and a dry micro towel type small cloth to dry off with in the right side cubbie box. It works for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:52 pm

tinman wrote:
Living in the North I sometime clean my shield and windscreen up to 4 times a day and I cary a windex spay bottle and paper towel all the time.
Personally I wouldn't use windex on windshield or helmet visor. The ingredients can start to cloud those materials after regular use. I had a friend who had to replace her helmet visor after regular cleaning with windex.

I'm old-fashioned and go with pledge. Easy to find, inexpensive, does a fair job on cleaning and can put a shine on the shine-able parts. May not be the best, but for me its good enough.

Vic
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Bugs are not yet at there worse.Seen a Bear yesterday and a swamp doncey today.In day light OK at night not a pretty sight.My son hit one a few yrs back at night ,the car was full of ticks the size of grapes .Hot water and wash cloth removes the big stuff,the pledge give it a nice shine,and its quick to do.
motorcycle
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:45 am

I use a product called All Kleer by the Black Lab Corp.Works great on new or dry bugs and all sorts of road dirt. I carry a 6oz bottle at all times. Also works on helmets. Howard http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-cleaning-polish/all-kleer/
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
mrcaveman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:20 am

Water works for me? I keep a butter tub full of clear water with a polishing applicator pad in the tub (lid on). Each time I come back from a ride I just open the tub, wipe off the screen with the applicator pad and dry with a micro fiber cloth. Works great and screen is always clear. Can't beat the cost?
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:30 am

I just finished the spray can of All Kleer. Expensive but it works great.
I am now using a small spray bottle with a few drops of dish washing soap and water. Seams to work just fine.
Back to top Go down
dogdcinc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dogdcinc

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:02 pm

We have found that the best product for cleaning the windscreen or face shield is a product known as "Plexus". This product is a little expensive, but without a doubt the best product for this duty.
Back to top Go down
SonnyO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
SonnyO

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:27 pm

+1 for the Plexus. Excellent job of cleaning all plastic surfaces. It also seems a bit easier to remove bugs from windshield if used on a regular basis. Also hydrogen peroxide is a great bug remover.

For face shields, Novus plastic polish and scratch remover work best for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Windscreen   Cleaning Windscreen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Windscreen
Page 1 of 1