Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» New to Me Swing
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600

Go down 
+9
viclavigne
Meldrew
Chilliwing
tarmacburner2
robert
midlandchip
MikeO
dspevack
Charlie2nice
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie2nice
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi All,

I have been interested and looking for the SW side case attachment for a pretty long time. I came across a website that appears to carry the side case attachments for the SW and was wondering if anyone had the pleasure of using them yet?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/7210/286/

Charlie
Virginia State
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

LOL Website says "Instructions only available in German"

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:14 am

Hello Charlie and welcome!
I, too, like the idea of hard side-cases on the Silverwing but have come to the conclusion that for what I need panniers for, soft bags are more than adequate as well as my not having to cart around the frames all the time......and they're a darn sight cheaper, too! Razz
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:53 pm

I have not used them yet but I have ordered the rack from Twisted Throttle. It is expected to ship May 18. That's $350 for the rack and another $300 for the hard cases I plan to order. That's a heavy price for me but I'm willing to pay it. Up to now I have put in an electrical outlet, back rest, foot pegs, XL windshield and seat cushion. When I get the hard cases and rack installed I'm all done. This bike has turned out to be a money hole but I have enjoyed every hour I have spent on it.
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi midlandchip, Please let us know how those side case attachments work out and what panniers you attach to them, there are alot of us who have been looking for just such a rig. Good luck and Ride Safe.

Robert
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Robert, as I understand it this rack will only take Monokey luggage cases and specific ones at that. I will be ordering the Givi E36N cases. They are 36 liters. I plan to have the upper parts of the cases painted the same color as my bike but that probably won't get done till next year. I don't have unlimited resources and have to do these things in steps.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 am

Monokey racks should take any monokey case (pannier), except the funny shaped ones (V35N I think).
Most popular scooter ones are the E21 panniers, top loading and hold 21 liters, limited to 5 kg each according to Givi. They are only about 5" wide so filtering is still easy with them fitted.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Well that's really interesting. First of all, let me say I don't know a great deal about this but I had it in my mind that this may not be a Monokey rack but an after market product someone or some small outift in Germany was making for the SilverWing and Twisted Throttle was selling. And it was being built to handle only a limited number of Monokey cases. Information on the Twisted Throttle web site said the rack would take just selected models of the Monokey side case - as I recall only about five cases were listed. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. If you are right about this then I should have a wide range of cases to choose from. I have to check this out.

In any event, your comment about the smaller case being the most popular for scooters really caught my attention. I don't want something that will look oversized on the bike and yet I want something that will be really functional - I want to be able to put something in them for long trips, I don't just want something that looks nice on the side of the bike. But you have me thinking now. I haven't ordered the cases yet and I think I will try to get a look at some of these cases to see just how big they are.
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Okay, I went back to the Twisted Throttle web site and checked the information again. This is what it says:

"These chrome, tubular steel sideracks are compatible with all Givi Monokey luggage cases (available separately), including Givi E21, E36, E360, E45, E460, & E41 sidecases."

So you are correct. The rack is compatible with ALL Givi Monokey luggage cases (with the exceptions you mentioned) not just the specific ones they listed. I really need to read this stuff more carefully in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

I still have to decide on the E21 versus the E36. And I want to say I'm really glad someone is reading the threads on this message board.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello MidlandChip,
Glad my post helped you.
Monokey and Monolock systems are mutually incompatible.
One of the things you are going to have to check is how far forward the cases actually sit. This shouldn't be a problem if you are riding solo but if carrying a pillion then it could be an issue.
With the underseat storage, a reasonably sized topbox and even the E21 panniers you will have plenty of storage space. That is my configuration for motorcycle camping.
Check the difference in width between the various Givi cases. I've been trying to find some second hand E28 cases (Givi don't make them anymore) and the E36 are just that bit wider.
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Have you checked out randybuck's pictures of Givi sidecases on his SW600 in the "Album" section of this "Forum".

Perhaps this will be able to provide you with a picture of the Givi sidecase to translate to a model number.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:42 am

They are E41 cases.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:47 am

And there are Kappa cases that also work with Givi fittings, the smaller Kappa K21 N may be now be discontinued, but the K33N K-Road cases are readily available and are a nice looking case.

Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:47 am

One thing about the K33N cases is that they are 30.8 cm wide (that is over a foot in Imperial terms). The Givi E21 are about 5 inches wide. Apart from that they are an attractive design.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:33 am

I still have questions about the side racks, made of chrome, will they corrode easily? how sturdy are they and how much work to install? Thanks for any input. Everyone Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:20 pm

robert wrote:
I still have questions about the side racks, made of chrome, will they corrode easily? how sturdy are they and how much work to install? Thanks for any input. Everyone Ride Safe.
I don 't own these racks, but I will point out that they have two things in their favor: they are made by Givi, and they are sold by TwistedThrottle. I don' t believe Givi makes inferior products, and I know that TwistedThrottle sells quality gear. They should be good.

Vic
Back to top Go down
LTU-013
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:42 am

I ordered Givi saddle bag support rack from RacingPlanet:
http://www.racingplanetusa.com/saddlebag-support-givi-honda-2009-p-25907-1.html?cPath=3874_27523_27539&sessID=3cfa366d3db0cb8434c6be7691f15c71

They are listed as SW-T 400, but was reading on other forums, it should fit
SW 600 as well.
They are not monokey or monolock, but I hope to attach side boxes directly, maybe create some easy to remove system
Still waiting, should receive in a day or two, just 132$ compare to TT 350$
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:18 am

viclavigne wrote:
robert wrote:
I don 't own these racks, but I will point out that they have two things in their favor: they are made by Givi, and they are sold by TwistedThrottle. I don' t believe Givi makes inferior products, and I know that TwistedThrottle sells quality gear. They should be good.

Vic

Givi do not make side case/pannier mounts for the Silver Wing, but Fehling in Germany do and they're the mounting rails that Twisted Throttle stock. FHG is for Fehling, 7811 KH is the same part number Fehling use for their side case holders for the SWT400/600. Also the photo that Twisted Throttle use is a SW-T400/600 and both of those models are on sale in Germany.

I don't want a set but I could get them in Germany about $223.99, not $349.99.

Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:58 am

I think Givi have discontinued their rack for the Silverwing. It is only for the exhaust side as it uses the exhaust mounting bolt for the rack. The other mounting points are the front grab-rail bolt (longer one supplied) and an 8mm bolt that goes into a hole that you have to increase the internal diameter and tap a thread into it.
I now have a pair of racks made for me by mooredportside (on this forum). Racks are stainless steel tubing (5/8th"). Mounting points are again the front bolt of the grab-rail and one of the mounting points for the Givi top-box. (Each side)
Very well constructed and everything fitted in place without any manipulation required.
Whether Kurt (mooredportside) is taking further orders I don't know.
Cheers,

p.s. The single sided Givi rack is now for sale. PM me if interested (UK only as it will have to be collected - can fit it if needed).
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Unfortunately, Fehling's chrome tends not to be too robust, at least on the bling bars.
As I've said elsewhere, a smear of Vaseline on the joints does help prevent rust appearing.

Are you absolutely sure the racks fit on the FJS series Silverwing 600?
I understood from looking at the Fehling's site that they are only for the new ones, the SWT 400/600.
If they fit the 'old' Silverwings I'd have thought they'd be listed in that section too, as are the other sets of bars.

I noticed, too, that the picture on the TwistedThrottle site is of an SWT400.
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:56 am

Well, the side racks I ordered from Twisted Throttle came in. I installed them over a period of two days - off and on. They look just great. I am very happy with the product. Now all I need to do is order the side cases. I originally thought the side cases would cost me $300 (rounded) but I made a mistake. The E21N which I am going to order will cost $185 for the pair and that includes shipping. Can't wait to get them on the bike. After the side cases are on I'm all done. So far I have installed an XL windshield, seat cushion, backrest, foot pegs, electrical outlet in the left glove box, throttle lock and now the side racks and pretty soon the cases. Now I'm just going to ride and enjoy watching everyone stare at my bike as I ride by.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:07 pm

midlandchip wrote:
Well, the side racks I ordered from Twisted Throttle came in. I installed them over a period of two days - off and on. They look just great.
:curious:
Back to top Go down
horizontal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Hi Charlie ive just fitted the fehling pannier racks   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm

with givi E21 panniers,also the top case rack and Givi E55 Top case. The only problem i encouted was that the racks are made for the european SW T 600 and honda have moved the lock for the seat. I had to grind down a key to clear the top tube so i can open the seat.

Charlie2nice wrote:
Hi All,

I have been interested and looking for the SW side case attachment for a pretty long time. I came across a website that appears to carry the side case attachments for the SW and was wondering if anyone had the pleasure of using them yet?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/7210/286/

Charlie
Virginia State
Back to top Go down
Charlie2nice
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Test Test Test   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Ian would you take a few pictures to share with us.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Content pruned by Administrator to maintain focus of thread on topic.
Back to top Go down
horizontal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Hi Charlie i will take some tomorrow and try to figure out how to put them on the site.   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Charlie2nice wrote:
Back to top Go down
horizontal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Hi Charlie. ive taken some photos but do not know how to share them on the forum. If you want icould E-mail some to you.   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:11 am

Charlie2nice wrote:
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Ian,
A little advice.
1. When replying to an existing thread, you shouldn't put anything in the subject area. Put all your comments in the main area.

2. Even when you start your own thread, Keep the heading short and move the body of your comments to the main area.

I fixed this on your upper posts and PM'd you about it but I guess you haven't figured out the PM system yet.

Mod Dan
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:59 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:23 pm

No. I'm not mad at all.
New poster. Not familiar with PM system or ettiquette.
Needs a little bit of guidance. That's all.

When I say things like this that are intended to be from an "authority" figure on the board, I sign as Mod Dan instead of just my regular signature.

NBD (No Big Deal)

Mod Dan (No spell checker needed)
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:04 pm

x

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

"And they're coming to take me away ha haaa
They're coming to take me away ha haaa ho ho hee hee
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats"
(respect to Napoleon XIV)

You mean that kind of mad? Nope. Not me.

Lets get back on topic. shall we?

MOD Dan

Last edited by dspevack on Thu May 24, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:27 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Charlie2nice
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Charlie. ive taken some photos but do not know how to share them on the forum. If you want icould E-mail some to you.

Ian that would be wonderful....my email address is: Charlie2nice@yahoo.com Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600   Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have the Side Case Attachments on SW 600
Page 1 of 1