Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from....also Utah

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from....also Utah Empty
PostSubject: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:01 am

Picked up my '08 today. First bike. Previous riding experience limited to tumbling down mountainsides with a friend's hyperactive 2-stroke motocross bike on top of me.

The trip home was about 50 miles through a desert highway. Started out terrified, ended up laughing my head off! And my butt is sore. I need to work on that one. And, being 6'3" tall, the wind noise was deafening. Need to work on that one as well.

I'm 44 and decided "You've got to die of something." Might as well be a motorcycle.

Three kids: One bio-son with muscular dystrophy and autism, and two adopted Russian sisters. I also like to fly, when time and money allow. (Almost never.) Plan to build an airplane one day. Also plan to take over the world and rule forever as World Dictator For Life, which is equally likely to actually happen.

Anyway, I hope to get some tips and tricks and generally learn about this fun little beastie.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:10 am

Hi and welcome.

I've only ever seen desert highways on the picture box, I'd just love to ride one. It ain't gonna happen though not unless I win the lottery.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:22 am

mickey,

Welcome, you appear to have the attitude necessary to make the transition to the SilverWing. Enjoy it, there are ways to easily deal with the seat and windscreen issues. Some people modify the seat by pulling the cover back, cutting out a portion of the foam and replacing with a memory foam insert. Cheap and effective! The windscreen is another issue. Ear plugs are the least expensive option followed by Laminar Lips, then changing it out with one of the after market screens.

Enjoy it and bless you and your family.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:47 am

mickey wrote:
Picked up my '08 today. First bike. Previous riding experience limited to tumbling down mountainsides with a friend's hyperactive 2-stroke motocross bike on top of me.

I cannot recommend that for you or your new SWing ... congratulations.

mickey wrote:
The trip
home was about 50 miles through a desert highway. Started out
terrified, ended up laughing my head off!

The first time I was laughing so hard ... I almost distracted my riding Smile .

mickey wrote:
And my butt is sore. I need
to work on that one. And, being 6'3" tall, the wind noise was
deafening. Need to work on that one as well.

There are different solutions, depending on your choices ... but all of them solvable.

mickey wrote:
Also plan to take over the
world and rule forever as World Dictator For Life, which is equally
likely to actually happen.

Sounds like the Warner Brothers TV cartoon "Pinky and the Brain" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_and_the_Brain )

Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world."
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Welcome fellow Utahn. There is something about a new ride on a open ride that just puts a smile on your face. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Sounds like you have lots of hobbies and a very busy life. You need a great outlet...just be careful...LOL
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi Mickey,
Welcome to the site. With your lofty ambitions and new SWing you'll do just fine. There are tons of information to be had, so enjoy it all. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi and welcome. (I bought my 09 at lunchtime today, so I'm looking forward to my terrified/terrific ride home as well).

You live in a beautiful part of the world and it sounds like with the level of responsibilities you have with your family, this will be a wonderful way to take some time for yourself.

I'll be watching for ride reports. My husband and I came out to Moab a couple of years ago to meet fellow F650GS riders (BMW dual sport), but I wouldn't want to try doing any off-road stuff on the Silverwing.

Enjoy,

Churchlady53

09 Red--ABS--not out of the box yet
06 BMW F650GS still in the garage
06 BMW F650GS (run over by a teenager driving a Buick with a cell phone stuck in her ear)
06 Honda Magna (sold)
00 Honda VLX600 (sold)
96 Honda Rebel 250 (sold)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:15 am

I learned something yesterday: I had NO IDEA that motorcycles go the opposite direction from where you point the front wheel. No wonder I used to crash on dirt bikes so often! Of course, at bicycle speeds they are logical: Turn left, go left. Turn right, go right. But honest to God....at anything above jogging speed the bike does the exact OPPOSITE!

Some warning for a noob would have been nice. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from....also Utah   Hello from....also Utah I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from....also Utah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: