Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 Empty
PostSubject: Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600   Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 pm

My new Burgman 400 has now passed 3,000 miles.

Took trip, started out to go to Daytona, but passed by so many trailer bikers, decided I have nothing in common with then....what to talk about?Their truck ride down? Saw no big scooters, either on road in on trailers. Instead went straight south, hitting the ocean east of Mobile, road along coast into FL---until there appeared Toll Gate--$3.75 later (same as dually pickup) I decided FL has nothing to offer rider anyway==great for the unskilled as no curves/no hills, so rode north into AL---like the back roads, Stayed in Troy, rode hwy 29N, finally got to hwy 431, which took me to within 80 miles of home-----New experience, ate in so far world's worst McDonalds---I have used McDonalds all over Europe/asia/ n america/mexico--this was total worst--they screwed up Big Breakfast real bad, parking lot full of junk.

Now is learned bike comparisions.

For 1066 mile trip---mpg =60.7, which appears about as good as the scooter will ever do, funny thing, letting the engine spin on Freeway @70-75 indicated equals better mileage than going much slow on back roads. different than my experience with SilverWing---hammer it and it sucked gas, slow down on back roads it was quite good, almost getting 65mpg at times.

Wind management with GIVI adjustable windshield on both. SilverWing still works out better----Will use my Arthur Fuller 3/4 with short faceshield on future trips where 10-12 hour days the norm.

Butt Rest---Burgman wins, as it has lever to adjust, SilverWing bolts.

Less weight of Burgman appreciated when parked nose down.

Non-interconnected brakes with Burgman plus plus. Alone control of rear brake allows feet up U turns in the space of narrow roads. Little harder on SilverWing but the skilled can do it.

Both SilverWing and Burgman seats were designed and approved by idiots(not talking about butt comfort here). With bag secured to rear seat, cords to grab handles impossible to access storage pit on both scooters---SOLUTION: AeroStich #948 Seat Hooks (from Japan) clip to edge of seat, allowing bag to be placed on seat-cords hook to hooks. Best to add littlesupershort self tapping screw to backside of hook. Works fine, upsets balance of seat as designed (just as backrests do) Fix, I bought paint mixing stick for 70 cents=perfect prop.

As there is 200cc displacement difference, SilverWing has more roll on power at higher speeds, twin a little smoother.

Final---I can be critical of HD the riders that is---Have owned/ridden/blown up them, at least 8 at last count, including new factory sidecar outfit------they ride down the highway, in formation, never leaving left lane----really struggle when scooter in right lane and you turn wick up to 85-90mph----haloween costumes flapping, little beanie helmet straps pulling at their chin, they make lots of noise trying to keep up. Rained a little yesterday, they hide under bridges, scooter continues on.

Back to top Go down
TwoWheelers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600   Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Ok, where am I; Really?
I love this forum already. Best one on the WWW.
Can spend hours here reading and learning and just having fun.
So far at this time of my hunt and research: Silverwing 50% chance of getting my $, 400 Burg 25%, Majesty 25%, and 650 Burgman 0%.
cheers alien cheers
Back to top Go down

Further conclusions burgman 400 vs silverwing 600
Page 1 of 1