Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from central Arkansas

Go down 
+4
"Hi Yo"
JeffR_
honda_silver
DennisB
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from central Arkansas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Hello, new friends! Just bought my new ’09 Silver Wing yesterday and put the first 21 miles on it bringing it home…I’m hooked. It is just grand. Smile
In ’05 my husband decided it was time I should ride and he purchased a Kawasaki W650 for me. Cute bike, but what was he thinking? I trip over rouge air molecules?! I took the MSF course and rode casually for several months alongside my husband. My first solo outing was a disaster, even though I had planned very well…ended up on the ground, having given the little beast just a touch too much gas from the stop sign, and not having noticed the loose gravel & sand on the pavement. Huge adrenaline surge resulted in my yanking the thing off the ground as if it weighed nothing. My pride was injured more than my shoulder, knee and ankle. Burst my confidence bubble and haven’t ridden since, until a couple of months ago when I decided to get back on and conquer my fears and the little beast. It is a bugger, idles poorly, and my husband says the clutch is “grabby.” Well, I decided I needed to either have an automatic transmission or 3 wheels…thus my purchase of the Silver Wing.
I’ve learned much through your forum and you’ve helped me to make an informed decision in my purchase. I hope to continue to learn more and perhaps someday offer a word of wisdom and/or encouragement myself. Thanks much for your assistance! Smile
[A little about me: aside from my obviously being wordy, I'm a 44-year young gerontological nurse practitioner finishing up my PhD in nursing. I think the Silver Wing will help me blow off some studying stress!]
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi Beth,

Welcome aboard!! pirat Happy to hear you got back on the horse. Metaphorically speaking.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Welcome to the friendliest Silverwing forum. Please add yourselves (or post to be added) to the Silverwing600 Google Map https://www.silverwing600.com/t3322-silverwing600-google-map#30262

Beth_NP wrote:
I trip over rouge air molecules?!

I would be curious how you solve this Razz
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Beth,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new SWing. You made a good choice as it will take you where you want to go in comfort, but don't think that since it is a scooter that it doesn't have power. I have ridden many motorcycles and this will keep up with most cruisers.

If you have any questions just ask away. And if you or your husband like to do your own maintenance just go to the "Pictorial" section and you can save a lot of money. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from central Arkansas 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum. You get a twofer joining here. You learn about the Swing and get pracice dealing with a bunch of old coots. But riding the scooter makes us feel young. Enjoy the ride. small moped
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Beth,

Welcome to the forum welcome

I know the feeling about riding the Swing. I also, have a 2009 and loving it.
I also, took the MSF course but did not like the shifting and the clutch. I then took a scooter course and knew this was the way to go for me.

My husband and I just took our first real ride of the season today. 212 miles. Got up to the upper 60's today in northern IL. It was great.

We have been down to NW Arkansas a couple of times. Last year we went to the STO Rally. Great bunch of folks. Check them out. We had a great time. Got to meet DennisB, Opalsboy, Smorkle, Tressa, Tim (dacooks) from this
forum. Enjoy the ride and ride safe. swing

Cathy

Last edited by CathyN on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited Tim's name)
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:29 pm

DennisB wrote:
Happy to hear you got back on the horse. Metaphorically speaking.

Thanks, Dennis. That's exactly how I feel...as a teen, I had a spirited mare who unseated me a couple of times and each time I had to get back on and show her who was boss. Smile It seems the same applies here...but I believe getting back on is more for me, as I doubt the W650 will ever learn anything. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

honda_silver wrote:

Beth_NP wrote:
I trip over rouge air molecules?!

I would be curious how you solve this Razz

I try to stay vigilant, but every so often they get me. Smile
I will have a go at adding myself to the map. Thanks for the welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for the kind greetings, friends! Enjoyed my second ride today. It was a beautiful afternoon. The Silver Wing handles so nicely. Will continue to build my skill set and ride carefully...and perhaps relax the "death grip" that I seem to have on the handlebars...lol!
Safe and happy riding to each of you! Smile
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Beth_NP wrote:
Will continue to build my skill set and ride carefully...and perhaps relax the "death grip" that I seem to have on the handlebars...lol!

Welcome Beth!

Some larger diameter grips will help with that! Good luck and ride safe!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 am

Hello, Beth! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Arkansas   Hello from central Arkansas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from central Arkansas
Page 1 of 1