Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Swing cover I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Swing cover

Go down 
+12
Windrider
MikeO
larryinseattle
surlybiker58
roadrunner
masscoot
CSN
DennisB
wingnprayer
jdeereanton
Waspie
spike
16 posters
AuthorMessage
spike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 am

I am looking for an inexpensive cover, I live in Fl. and keep the SW under a car port. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 am

Try Mr Google. Smile Works for most of us!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:00 am

Waspie wrote:
Try Mr Google. Smile Works for most of us!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cover+for+Honda+Silverwing

Google works!
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Why respond in such an unfriendly manner to a simple and valid question? A year ago I wanted a budget cover myself and realised there's a lot of difference in quality that webpages and pictures won't tell you. I expect he's just after a recommendation.

At the top of this page it says "This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing". Well he asked a question and instead of sharing you tell him to go and look on Google. What is the point of this forum????

For the last six months I have hardly posted because a while back I noticed this forum has become a very unfriendly place.

I just happened to be passing by today and noticed it hasn't changed much... which is a real shame.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey spike,

What I got was a Nelson-Riggs UV 2000 in X-Large. Seems to work well and packs down small so its easy to carry. It also works well with the big top box's. sunny

Try this thread: https://www.silverwing600.com/t638-nelson-rigg-half-cover-my-first-look?highlight=Nelson+-Rigs+UV+2000

Last edited by DennisB on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added thread)
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Well, I believe I provided a link and am now providing another. this one is internal:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t3665-best-outdoor-cover

I found this information using the search function on the site.

I don't own a cover so can't speak to the quality issue.
Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:03 pm

spike wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive cover, I live in Fl. and keep the SW under a car port. Thanks

Hi Spike,
I just got one in from ebay.
I have a Givi Trunk and found when I bought a cover that said it was for a silverwing it didn't fit so I bought one that is for large crusiers. It doesn't quite reach the ground but enough that it covers under the exhaust pipe and has two clips on each side so you can tie it together from wind.
It is from the US and I'm in canada and it only took 2 days to get to Canada. He does state the measurements on the bottom of his listing. It covers a lot more than the half cover I had so I'm happy with it.
I paid 16.00 for it. The seller on ebay still has a few left.
Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290674172419
I haven't tried it outdoors yet as I have a shed but it is suppose to be all weather proof and is not considered a dust cover.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I have the Nelson-Rigg UV2000 half cover. It can be had for around $40. Like Dennis says it packs away easily and it is the one I travel with. Half cover keeps the top half dry and fits well even with the XL box on the back.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:09 pm

I got mine for $19.95 at Wally World. Fits OK over my Givi airflow and E52. Don't expect it will last much longer though; it's not quite two years old. It still keeps the pollen etc. off.
Back to top Go down
spike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks to those that responded in an adult manner. I am very familiar with google but wanted to know what other sw users preferred. I have just deleted my link to this forum and wont be back.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:36 am

I purchased a DOWCO of Manitowoc , Wisconsin Cover in XL Size from my local dealer.

It's half the price of the official Honda item.

Seems to be of pretty good quality but I 've only had it for a month

So I can't made a judgment how it will hold up long term

Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 am

Sorry surlybiker58, you wasted your recommendation, spike has departed. Sad that he didn't think enough of the collective opinion to initially search this site for his answer, but selfishly wanted us to serve it up for him without him having to search for it.

And wingnprayer, shame on you for not even attempting to answer his request. You had just searched for a cover and yet you failed to even offer the results of your search. Very unfriendly. At least you took the time to dress us down, I'm grateful.

I feel like such a tool for providing links.
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am

I think you should have a look back at what has been written. Sending people links that conclude with a sarcastic 'How hard was that?' is not something to be proud of or considered helpful.

Now Spike may have taken umbrage and left, which may be a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but don't kid yourselves that this is still a friendly forum. The comment just above mine says it all.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am

wingnprayer wrote:
Why respond in such an unfriendly manner to a simple and valid question? A year ago I wanted a budget cover myself and realised there's a lot of difference in quality that webpages and pictures won't tell you. I expect he's just after a recommendation.

At the top of this page it says "This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing". Well he asked a question and instead of sharing you tell him to go and look on Google. What is the point of this forum????

For the last six months I have hardly posted because a while back I noticed this forum has become a very unfriendly place.

I just happened to be passing by today and noticed it hasn't changed much... which is a real shame.

I don't why I should defend myself but!

I posted a refer to google because the OP had not posted a budget or any sort of preference.

As you may or may not be aware there are a plethora of covers out there and even the most elementary search on the mighty internet will produce a wealth of information.

Better a better approach would have been to produce a few links to covers and ask for advice on what we recommend.

And finally - it's only a cover!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 am

jdeereanton wrote:
Sorry surlybiker58, you wasted your recommendation, spike has departed. Sad that he didn't think enough of the collective opinion to initially search this site for his answer, but selfishly wanted us to serve it up for him without him having to search for it.

And wingnprayer, shame on you for not even attempting to answer his request. You had just searched for a cover and yet you failed to even offer the results of your search. Very unfriendly. At least you took the time to dress us down, I'm grateful.

I feel like such a tool for providing links.

+1, nice response Dale.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 am

I agree with WingnPrayer and I understand why Spike took his interest elsewhere.

I have been on this site for a few months and I find it unfriendly and antagonistic. It is easy to sit behind a computer screen and shoot out insults when insulated from the recipients. Even the moderators will take pot shots at members.

I have lost my interest in the forum and will probably stop posting on here. I might stop back in from time to time for information, but I don't think anyone here will make my Christmas Card List.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 am

On second thought, I won't be back. I don't really want what you offer.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:22 am

Let's all hope larryinseattle grows a thicker skin and a sense of humor wherever he's gone. His loss.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:30 am

roadrunner wrote:
Let's all hope larryinseattle grows a thicker skin and a sense of humor

No argument from me!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 am

I wonder if we should have an 'I've Just Bought' section which might invite specific inquiries about whatever it is.
For example:
I've just bought a RAM Aquabox (small) for my new Sony MP3 Player.
I had to buy a RAM ball as well to mount it on my MotorcycleLarry reservoir cover.
It's bigger than the waterproof case I have for my Ipod but doesn't get in the way and the soft plastic cover means I can press the buttons without having to open the box.

Smile
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:07 am

If one thinks being rude at another person's expense is humor.... then you need spiritual help.

God bless this group and lessen their pain and anger. May the old men of this fellowship learn to be kind to one and all.

I hope you find a way to live that is fulfilling to you. Mine is not here.

Over and out.

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 am

Pots and kettles, methinks. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 am

wingnprayer wrote:

I agree
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 am

larryinseattle wrote:

Over and out.

Haven't you already said your goodbyes!

How many times are you leaving! Twice in this thread!

If your going to stay - stay.

If your going - go!

We are all different people from different backgrounds and different parts of the globe. If we were all alike it would be dull and boring or perhaps thats how you like life. Boring and staid.

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 am

It wasn't unfriendly but a helpful suggestion.

The original post was a statement of fact; it contained no request for recommendations or any questions.

In the world of forums it is necessary to be very specific so that there can be no misinterpretation.

Good manners dictates a proper request for assistance - there isn't one in that post.

My point about being specific is born out by the rest of the thread; some interpret the first post as a request for help, others do not.

Help was giving in directing the poster to a good Search Engine - the member who suggest it very likely doesn't have a cover for his bike and stepped in quickly with an offer of support.

I sometimes do the same, not knowing the answer to a question, purely to show that someone has seen the post.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 am

MikeO wrote:
It wasn't unfriendly but a helpful suggestion.

My point about being specific is born out by the rest of the thread; some interpret the first post as a request for help, others do not.

Help was giving in directing the poster to a good Search Engine - the member who suggest it very likely doesn't have a cover for his bike and stepped in quickly with an offer of support.

Mike I advised the OP to use 'Google' as I did when I was researching a cover for my machine. I use a company called Hamilton Classic Covers, a UK based company providing outdoor covers, indoor covers, dust covers and a variety in between.

As the OP was a US citizen my recommendation of the company I use was I considered pretty useless.

The OP stated no preference regards budget or purpose. Google is to most of us who use the PC a standard tool to locate all things on the interweb.

For such reactions as have been seen on this thread I consider to be over the top and lacking in thought or understanding.

If someone is capable of locating a specific bike forum to ask a mundane question then the poster is surely capable of searching the internet for his exact and personal preference.

I stand by my original post and would again recommend 'Google' to someone searching for a non specific request.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:49 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:36 am

Quite so, Doug, and if my post came over as appearing to criticise you (I hope it didn't), again it bears out my point.

You did what I'd have done...and with the very best, friendly intentions.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:42 am

MikeO wrote:
Quite so, Doug, and if my post came over as appearing to criticise you (I hope it didn't), again it bears out my point.

Mike, having used forums for as long as I can remember I knew exactly what you meant.

No offence taken at all my friend.

Apart from perhaps DennisB and his legendary writing skills it is so very easy, as we know, to misconstrue the written word. It isn't the first time a thread has degenerated due to mis writing or mis reading, can't imagine it will be the last.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 pm

"Over and Out?" doesn't that mean something like... I am turning this conversation "over" to you but I am "out", so, I won't hear what you answer me.... I never had a military career so, someone can educate me.study But hurry before I get out of here.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm

I think it's far easier to join a forum and get some mug to do the legwork than do it yourself. You regularly read first posts which aren't an introduction, instead it's a curt demand for a solution to a problem they have, then after the usual helpful replies are given, they're gone.

As for not being a friendly forum most of the UK members on here are on another forum where until fairly recently if you didn't introduce yourself to the other members in your first post, you'd be quite bluntly told to **** off and introduce yourself. Strange as it may seem, hardly anyone sulked, threatened to leave, or went off in a huff.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
"Over and Out?" doesn't that mean something like... I am turning this conversation "over" to you but I am "out", so, I won't hear what you answer me.... I never had a military career so, someone can educate me.study But hurry before I get out of here.... Laughing

Militarily and in aviation parlance, 'Over and Out' is a bad mixture of two seperate meanings.

Over - means; I have finished my message and wait a reply.

OUT, means I have passed my message and NO reply needed. It is normally said in such a way that there is no ambiguity as to the senders intention.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Swing cover 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:12 pm

As a young radio operator, I learned the difference between "over" and "out" when I gave an "out" to the company commander. He let me know that only he would decide when a conversation was finished-----"OVER". :lol!:
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Maybe I'm thick skinned, but personally I would not have taken offense
at the suggestion of searching Google for an answer to my inquiry
Oh well, spring is here in Maryland and St Patrick's Day is only two days
away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swing cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing cover   Swing cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swing cover
Page 1 of 1