Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

metzeler feelfree wintec

Go down 
+6
exavid
pippobis2
Mudnman
BlackFly
Old Limey
jodders1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
jodders1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jodders1

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-05-09

metzeler feelfree wintec Empty
PostSubject: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:12 am

hi all
has anyone run the metzeler feelfree wintec tyre all year round with good results as its classed as a winter tyre they are such a good price i am considering replacing my worn bridgestone hoops with them
www.mytyres.co.uk
front tyre £43.40 delivered
rear tyre £42.50 delivered

or is it best to pay a bit more and go with the standard metzeler feelfree tyre

jodders1
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:42 pm

jodders1, myself and UK WING are currently riding on Metzeler feelfree tyres (rear in my case), i could not get any Wintec's as my local dealer cannot seem to get them. Iam happy enough with this tyre after 2000mls. If you can get the Wintecs, great, look forward to your experiance with them let us know what you think. I changed from Hoops after only getting 6500mls from the rear I hope to get a lot more from the FeelFree. Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm

I had the Wintecs on my Burgman 650 before and was very happy with this.
I think end of the next summer i will replace my Hoops (?) regardless their conditions and will fit the wintecs again
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 pm

I have the Feelfree.What mileage are you getting?
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:57 pm

My Silver Wing has the Feel Free Wintech, on wet roads are the best ever. Wintech all year round, even in summer.
My Silver Wing has the Feel Free Wintech, on wet roads are the best ever. Wintech all year round, even in summer.
with the front 20.000 km (12,500 mls) with the rear 10.000 km (6,250 mls) :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:39 pm

I just looked and don't see Wintec on them,but they are good on wet roads.It doesn't snow in Florida often so these are good for here.I looked for a price on them and found a place for $60.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:09 am

My BMW C650GT has Metzler Feel Free tires (OEM). I like them, very good in the wet and work very well with the ABS. I've dared a hard hit on the brakes on a wet street a couple of times and found the ABS to work excellently. With the ABS and good performing tires it takes a lot of worry about the possibility of a panic stop.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:55 pm

I think "Wintec" Winter tires by law requirement in Germany-----different compound reacting differently in cold. Probably fine in all temps but would wear out more quickly as soft compound.

I put a matched set of plain Feel Free on my 400 Burgman---found no increase in performance/wear over OEM. Burgman not very good handling, pushed---ridden as putt putt ok. SilverWing with solid mount engine and less unsprung weight, much better, but never forget, it, too is scooter
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm glad to know the non Wintec wear good and aren't under performing.Probably buy again.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:00 pm

I've been working to wear off the chicken strips on my Metzlers. Having a lot of ground clearance with slightly larger wheels helps that process.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Got new set of Metzeler Feelfree Wintec tyres and Dr Pulley 24g sliding rolls today, drove back home for a mile and it started to snow. This should be a very long and warm spring in Scandinavia by long term forecast, but it seems that they´ve made a grand mistake. Where can I complain?
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm

My 2005 had OEM Bridgestones when I bought it. I put on the Metzler Feelfree when it came time to replace them. I was very impressed with ride quality and overall performance. I never rode in the rain with them. With the ABS I never had a problem stopping. I got 10,000 km front and rear. They wrre getting down when the driver of the crewcab pick-up decided to pull the illegal U-turn. No amount of braking would have prevented that crash.
My 2007 has the OEM tires ( 3900 miles). No blemish or age related issues with them. They are performing well, but I am shopping for the Metzlers already.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 pm

I bought a pair of Metzeler Feelfree Wintecs late last year for my Silver Wing. The grip and wet weather performance is very good but some cupping is now becoming evident.

What has put me off buying them again is the amount of runout. Modern tyres can be made better than this

Spinning either wheel and viewing from the side shows irregularities that are quite noticeable - e.g. the front wheel has a "flat spot" near the valve yet I've never locked up the brakes (ABS). The rear tyre also doesn't run very true and the surface looks very lumpy and bumpy as it spins slowly.

However these are not great amounts, but my 19 inch motorcycle tyres run perfectly true so why don't these scooter tyres?

I do get a small amount of steering wobble, but it's barely noticeable for now and my head bearings are fine.

Basically, good grip and wet performance, but I'll be looking at other brands next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: metzeler feelfree wintec   metzeler feelfree wintec I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

metzeler feelfree wintec
Page 1 of 1