Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from Tennessee!

Go down 
+7
CathyN
jdeereanton
DickO
"Hi Yo"
Waspie
JeffR_
SWingNut
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SWingNut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-12-10

Greetings from Tennessee! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm

I've been viewing SW forum for a couple of months now and picked up some really useful tips. I just officially signed up so here is a little bit about me.

Last April on an unusually warm day, I got the urgeā€“out of nowhere to get a Motorcycle. After searching Craigslist and various sources, a friend sold me a really nice 1977 yamaha 500 in perfect shape for $800. I learned to ride, took the MC safety class and got my license. Shifting wasn't second nature to me for some reason... (I think it goes back to Catholic grade school days... a nun call me shiftless, she must have been psycho) I ended up selling the Yamaha for $925 and bought a Piaggio BV 250 on July 9th. I loved it and rode it everywhere all the rest of the Summer. I found myself on the freeway more and more and the 250 was strained at 80 mph Nashville speeds.

In October I test drove a Silverwing at Honda of Coolsprings... bought it on the spot. I've been having a blast with it. I ride 27 miles to work every day. I love my job now because I look forward to the ride!
Wind buffeting was a problem, but thanks to all the useful posts on the forum I now have a Givi Air Flow now, and it did the trick. I also bough a Schuberth C-3, I never thought I would spend so much on a helmet but... I'm really glad I did now, again thanks to the forum. My most recent puchase was a cold weather suit from First Gear I read about here.

I've been doing some really fun weekend rides on the Natchez Trace and all over the area, my odometer just turned 4000 miles.

I'm thinking about touring in the Spring... if anyone has any stories about weekend trips around TN AL GA KY NC etc, or gear suggestions for touring let me know!

Thanks to all for the info and I'm glad to be an official member now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ronault.net
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:38 pm

SWingNut,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your SWing. I have had mine for almost 5 years now and still really enjoy it. It is a very smooth and comfortable bike with plenty of power. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Welcome SwingNut to the best site for the Honda Silver Wing barring none. As you have found, great advice from good people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
SWingNut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:59 pm

To heed the call of nature in the great outdoors is one of life's simple pleasures. The only public restroom I've ever been in was at the county jail while serving time for indecent expose... it was indeed deplorable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I'm south of you in Lewisburg TN. If you love Tennessee like I do you'll have to have a pretty thick skin to hang out in this forum, hatred toward TN and the people who live here is well tolerated.

I've ridden around the Nashville area a lot, I used to work in LaVergne and commuted 50+ miles as many days as I could. My new job is in Franklin and I can't wait for the weather to be good enough to start riding there. Otherwise I've ridden all over the southern middle Tennessee area.

Honda of Coolsprings is probably the better of the dealers in the area, I find Sloans to be a bit shady for some reason. Nothing specific, just a feeling I have about them.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from Tennessee! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 pm

welcome Howdy SWingNut. All I know about Tennessee is that a bunch of them came to Texas and fought and died at the Alamo. That's good enough for this Texan. Enjoy the ride. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Welcome SWingNut,
Glad to have ya' here!! I echo everyone elses thoughts too!!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 am

Back on topic or a new thread is required.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
SWingNut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!! ...I think
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:16 pm

This thread is for welcoming SWingNut.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Welcome SWingNut,

I have been to the Knoxville area the last couple of years riding all over. I have enjoyed it very much. Glad you joined the forum. Very useful info here. Have a great holiday.

CathyN swing
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 10:27 am

Welcome from Seattle! A little late to the welcoming party but I just got back from a 5,000 mile ride to the southwest on my Goldwing.

Greetings from Tennessee! Wttg

Last edited by larryinseattle on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:17 am

Welcome aboard. Have ridden in and thru TN a lot over the years and have yet to find anything about the state or people I didnt like.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Quote :
I'm thinking about touring in the Spring... if anyone has any stories about weekend trips around TN AL GA KY NC etc, or gear suggestions for touring let me know!

SWingNut, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are enjoying your ride.
There are a few weekend rallies that are within riding distance of you each year.

The Burgman riders usually have a ride in mid-Sept each year in NE Alabama (DeSoto State Park).

There are some MP3 riders that seem to get together on a regular basis (2X per year, I think) in the Southeast. They happened to have their Fall rally on the same weekend as the Burgman riders, and rode to AL to visit the Burgman riders.

Other maxi scoot riders (but still mostly Burgman) have a rally in July around Cherokee NC.

Info on these rides shows up first on the Burgman forum
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/index.php

or the Vespa forum
http://modernvespa.com/forum/

Info often shows up here as well, but usually later and with less discussion.

Other than rallies, you can guarantee yourself a good ride by heading east and riding the Appalachians. Its hard to find a bad road there.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:38 pm

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=55379

They have the AL ride scheduled a little bit north this year in Townsend TN. The above link gives the itenerary.

It was a good ride last year, and I suspect just as good this year. There will be at least two Silverwings there this year.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi SWingNut,

Welcome aboard. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Tennessee!   Greetings from Tennessee! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Tennessee!
Page 1 of 1