Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cheerio :)

Go down 
+5
bikerboy
DennisB
tarmacburner2
roadrunner
Skippy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Cheerio :) Empty
PostSubject: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:33 am

bounce bounce Just a brief note to officially say 'Goodbye & Thanks' to all the members here on the SWing Forum........

I tried, I really did try to like my big scoot, but we just didn't gel and after one particularly long ride down to the Depths of Cornwall and back I really decided that we didn't get on in the same way as a motorcycle and rider! Tbh the main reason was/is having the centre of gravity where my knees are rather than around my feet - it always gave me a top heavy sensation; which is odd as I am entirely used to riding a GL650 Silverwing (the original, proper version) which is bloody top heavy too!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anyway, after some very serious consideration I put 'Sweaty Betty' up forsale and immediately had my arm ripped off by a very nice guy called Simon, he paid what I asked so I was happy, and he seemed very happy with a machine with such a low mileage Smile I wish him all the best for the future.

As for me??? I've recently acquired a Kwak 1500 Drifter, and with the assistance of a friend spent a day transfering the Klicktronic Gear Changer from the 650 on the Drifter. There's nothing quite like a big v-twin banging away, esp with a new set of V&H shot gun pipes letting it breath properly too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So, rather than just drop out of sight (like I have done recently) and because there are so many decent folks on this forum I thought it only polite and right that I come up on last time and say 'Good Bye' to all - Thank you for your friendship, help & assistance (you know who you are) and good laughs Smile Smile I will remember you all with fondness, as I will the scooter as I really did want to get on with it!

Keep the Shinney Side UP and the dirty side DOWN Smile

Ride Safe All. Best Regards. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

Those of you with friends and family serving with the military, may they return safely to you.

All the best Skip.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:00 am

Best of luck to you, Skippy; you will be (and have been) missed. Come back from time to time to let us know how things are going.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:01 am

All the best Skippy. Just 'cos' you haven't got the scoot any more doesn't mean you have to leave.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:12 am

What can I or anyone else say?

You have been here from the start of this forum...

I feel like I'm losing a brother.

Please stay active here and not just disapear like others have.

Let us know of your new bike and your adventures.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 am

Glad to hear that you have got sorted but not sure that I would want your V&H pipes banging away in my neighbourhood !!!
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Blimey Dennis,

When you put it like that I can hardly do otherwise!! What a Face Whilst I may not be a frequent visitor here in the future I will always regard myself as a member of this forum and amongst good friends! It never ceases to amaze me how you guys across the pond manage such awesome trips Suspect

I will, as asked, keep you all up to date with my adventures - although I do seem to be becoming more main stream these days Shocked and to my surprise - a little conservative in my outlook too!!! I find myself shying away from the latest technology etc. and looking back to that time in my life when video recorders took tape spools, mobile phones meant items with very long leads attached to them, Clint Eastwood demanded to know if I was 'feeling lucky' and most of all petrol cost less than a pound a gallon..... Oh dear I've just become a 'codger' lol!

Actually thats not to true I hope - with the lack of work down here in the SW and not much on the horizon I've re-engaged with the military in a small way and volunteered to be an instructor at a local cadet unit - for now I can just about keep up with the kids, even on one leg, but I am starting to slow down lol. The best bit about it is I've found my faith in the younger generations renewed - they are just a 'dumb' as the rest of us were at that age, by they really do mean well and still have that zest to change the world and make things better for all! They make a middle aged old fart like me feel destinctly antique, but they ALL agree 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' lol Even if what I ride looks like an 'ole indian'...... as one of them put it! I was really impressed he knew the difference Wink Then he let on his Dad had told him - Kids eh.........

So as it happens this thread is a bit redundant then Smile

What the heck...

Merry Christmas all!
Back to top Go down
carlosw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
carlosw

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Skippy, what is a Kawasaki drifter other then a BIG SCOOTER? Wink

I like it personally. But after having gone the other way around, from my Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 to a Silverwing I have no regrets.

But I know how it feels and, well it's you and what you like that counts in the end. Good luck with your "new bike"... and post some pics...
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Cheerio :) 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Did the kid say it was the ride or the rider that looked like an old Indian? Smile Best of luck to you and don't expect that left hand lever make you stop faster. Surprised
Back to top Go down
carlosw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
carlosw

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:24 pm

The bike... here is a pic of one, it looks like a big scooter to me... Laughing

Cheerio :) 4260_0_1_2_vn%201500%20drifter_Image%20by%20Kawasaki.%20Published%20with%20permission.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:56 pm

I wondered why you hadn't been on here lately, I like that you've now got the only bike with proper mudguards and I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.

According to the latest UK guidelines, you're not officially an old codger until you sprout your first grey pubic hairs, start wearing suede fronted cardigans from Greenwoods, and develop a taste for Werthers Originals. So I'd say you're not quite there yet mate! Wink
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Good luck to you Skippy. Nice to hear you have found a bike that suits.

Keep in touch and as I transit Exeketer!!!!I will keep a weather eye out for you.

As you say, ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

May you and yours have the best the season may offer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheerio :)   Cheerio :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheerio :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: