Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Stereo for the Silver Wing???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Heckster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Stereo for the Silver Wing??? Empty
PostSubject: Stereo for the Silver Wing???   Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi, I am a new user to your site and just learning my way around here. I love it!

Has anyone found or come up with a good looking / great sounding stereo for our Silver Wing Scooters? I had one on my Helix that was factory and am hoping to find something that looks as good and sounds even better. I'd appreciate any and all feedback that you may provide and if you have found this item, could you tell me where you found it and what the cost of the unit is?

Thanks,
Dave Heckramsy@new.rr.com

Ps. I have included my email address, for I may have trouble finding this site in the future.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Stereo for the Silver Wing???   Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:28 pm

On longer rides I use ear phones that are encapsulated in a type of putty.I also have a sound booster fore even more effects connected to my music player. Rock on
if you want more information on going this route instead of external sound let me know.
Welcome to the best forum on earth. band
Back to top Go down
InfernoST
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Stereo for the Silver Wing???   Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:26 am

I put this unit in my Burgman. The built in tuner stinks so I use my Sony Walkman as the tuner and MP3 player, it sounds really good and I can hear it with no problem at 70mph.

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/c=aaeLmU9FM01MPkDzuVlZy3eFC/product/SHKCYCLERADIOKIT250/shark-SHKCYCLERADIOKIT250-250-watts-Motorcycle--yacht-snowmobile-2-speakers--amplifier--radio-pkg.html
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Stereo for the Silver Wing???   Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:54 am

If you are trying to stay on a budget and just get a stereo, your choices are limited. You are better off with one of the xm/sirius portable satelite recievers, an antenna on your bike, and a bluetooth system for transmitting it to a bluetooth audio reciever in your helmet.

However, some GPSs come with either satelite radio functionality, or the ability to store and play mp3s or both and all you do is add the antenna for satelite. They are designed with built in bluetooth to transmit directions, and music. You spend more this way, but you get more functionality, the wiring is easier and you don't have to cobble together anything.

There are plenty of people here who use bluetooth helmet audio and will be happy to share their recommendations with you.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereo for the Silver Wing???   Stereo for the Silver Wing??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stereo for the Silver Wing???
Page 1 of 1