Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?

Go down 
+4
jdeereanton
john grinsel
bigbird
Dimond
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? Empty
PostSubject: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Has anyone tried the TCB Brake System on a SWing - and if so what is your opinion? Most of the testimonials, product reviews, and forum folks (other forums) who have actually tried TCB have responded with VERY FAVORABLE FEEDBACK. The naysayers seem to be folks who have not tried TCB (not saying they are wrong as some of the naysayers seem to have great credentials - but they have not tried TCB - there is an old TCB post on this forum but no one has tried TCB). Maybe someone on this forum can approach the manufacturer to get a TCB set (free? or reduced price?), put them on their SWing, try them out, and report back to the forum on their findings? That someone is not going to be me as I am not going to be messing with my brakes or doing any quick stopping tests - I am just not that good of a rider. Is someone up for this challenge! Hope so. Thanks.

FYI - Here are some links relating to this product, reviews, and other forums.
MANUFACTURER'S WEB SITE
http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/motorcycle-brakes-tcb.html

HD OPEN ROAD REVIEW
http://www.hdopenroad.com/reviews/tcb-braking-system-cost-value/

HD FORUM POST
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/403380-tcb-brake-system.html

KAWASAKI FORUM POST
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/55982-tcb-brake-system-yes-no.html

2WF.COM REVIEW
http://www2.2wf.com/index.php/product-reviews/miscellaneous-menu/298-tcb-brake-systems?start=1

CYCLE MATTERS REVIEW
http://www.cyclematters.com/motorcycle-product-reviews/parts-accessories/body/tcb-2-brake-systems-braking-system-for-motorcycles-with-out-anti-lock-brakes.cfm

ROUGE'S REVIEW
http://www.bikerrogue.com/Articles/Tech_Articles/Traction_Control_Braking/Traction_Control_Braking.htm

MANUFACTURER'S TESTOMANIALS
http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/tcb-testimonials.html

YOUTUBE
There are a few TCB videos (do a search) - but I have not played them.

END
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm

My take much better to buy SilverWing with Honda ABS.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:21 pm

john grinsel wrote:
My take much better to buy SilverWing with Honda ABS.

I agree that ABS is the way to go and if I had ABS I would have zero interest in TCB - but I don't have ABS and I am guessing that there are a lot of SilverWing owners that don't have ABS and even those that can afford to trade up for ABS are still leaving a scooter in use by another person (who buys it) that does not have ABS. In my mind the question is not how much faster can TCB stop (compared to standard or ABS) BUT "Does in give material improvement in NOT locking up your brakes in a 'panic' or 'quick' stop - while not materially compromising your stopping distance?" My riding skills are such that I would likely not do well in a 'panic' stop and I would feel very uncomfortable practicing panic stops - and if I did practice them I would still likely 'panic' anyway. So, for my situation (have a SWing with standard brakes and not such a great rider under panic conditions), Will TCB be of great benefit, no benefit, or a detriment when considering my braking safety? On a side note, used SilverWings with ABS are VERY scarce in California based upon those SWings that I have seen advertised (otherwise I would likely have purchased one). Thanks for considering my input.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 am

The quote below is taken from the manufacturers web site: http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/hdopenroad-text.html

"The last part of the test was a planned head to head of the TCB Braking System versus the stock Harley-Davidson ABS system. Wait for it… wait for it… we didn’t do it. We found that the test was too subjective of rider style/ability for the test to make any sense. We did, however, measure the braking distances for my Ultra with ABS. Keep in mind that this is the same ‘08 Ultra, set up the same way as Panman’s except with ABS."

So they push a big head to head with ABS as conclusive proof and then don't do a head to head, but state that they did something else and that's as much proof as you need.

Subjective analysis with or without a predisposition is not analysis - it is an opinion.

Essentially you are adding a small expansion chamber to your brake system - good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 am

I think this is bull****!
In my opinion there is no different between an "unwanted airbubble" due to aged/contaminated brakefluid and a "wanted airbubble" seperated with a rubber membran. Both will give you a spongy brake lever and if your wheel will not block it is because you don't get the full brake pressure...

I'm an aircraft technician and therefore i know that i don't want air in a hydraulic System regardless with or without a rubbermembran...
Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 am

BlackFly wrote:
I think this is bull****!
In my opinion there is no different between an "unwanted airbubble" due to aged/contaminated brakefluid and a "wanted airbubble" seperated with a rubber membran. Both will give you a spongy brake lever and if your wheel will not block it is because you don't get the full brake pressure...

I'm an aircraft technician and therefore i know that i don't want air in a hydraulic System regardless with or without a rubbermembran...

I tend to agree. After checking out the first link above to the actual pushers of the TCB system, I likened it to soft brakelines. It seems as if you want to upgrade to steel braided brake lines in order to firm up the feel of your braking system. This would in turn help prevent brake fade when the fluid starts getting hot. Well TCB comes along and adds a rubber membrane to the system (at the reservoir) and now you have permanently mushy feel to your brakes.

I would avoid this product like I would avoid the plague. Maybe just me though and I am missing some benefit of TCB?
Back to top Go down
tubeck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:14 pm

donkeyhater - do you realy hate donkeys
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 pm

I have to agree with everyone else. The brakes on a swing are soft enough already, why make it worse? You want the firmest brakes you can get, Galfer, and goodrich, both make braided lines for a swing. Sounds like a product for squids who no nothing about motorcycles. If i could stop in half of the short distance i can already stop a motorcycle, i guarantee you i will get a full speed rear end collision from the car behind me, they wouldnt have a chance to even begin to move their foot toward the brake pedal!

I nominate this for the garbage product of the year award.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?   TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TCB Brake System - Anyone tried it?
Page 1 of 1