Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» Goodbye guys
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:27 pm

» noise under load
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
radio instlation I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

radio instlation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 am

I'm going to install the shark 250w motorcycle radio in my wifes swing, I'm thinking the amp will go into the left box on the dash, this way I can hide all the wires even for the speakers untill they come out of the dash. I would like to know if anyone knows of a 12v switched power sorce that I can tap into under the dash. I'm going to do this friday, it would make my world much easer if I could just go right to a power sorce rather than hunt for one. Thanks Dan, Teresa's wounderfull husband.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: Re: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 am

My original plan was to do what your plan is, but I opted to mount the amp under the seat. I took the tupperware off under the right side floor board and was able to hide all the wires that way from the handlebars to the amp. My speakers are mounted on my handlebars and the input for an ipod or portable radio runs up to the handlebars. No wires are exposed at all. This way the amp is hooked dorectly to the battery with the switched wire hooked up to the tail light so the amp turns on and off with the ignition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: Re: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:30 pm

I've got my speakers mounted and the amp is ready to be mounted in the trunk, under the seat. How many screws do I need to undo to get that right lower tupperware off?

Thanks

Jim the noob.
'76 CB360T (sold)
'72 750 Four (sold)
'79 CBX X 2 (both sold)
'81 SilverWing (sold)
2005 Yamaha Vino 125
2003 FSC600 Silverwing
Back to top Go down

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: Re: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:29 am

I did not take off the lower tupperware, I took out the floorbroards and the rear(passenger) foot pegs, the whole thing(silver) is just held on there with 2 bolts, but there are tight. I was then able to reach my hand up there and route all the wireing. However I did note that in the oweners man. there is istrurctions on how to remove the tupperware you are wanting to remove, its to get to the service parts, like the oil filter.

Dan, Teresas wonderfull husband
Back to top Go down

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: Re: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:53 am

"My original plan was to do what your plan is, but I opted to mount the amp under the seat. I took the tupperware off under the right side floor board and was able to hide all the wires that way from the handlebars to the amp."

I guess I thought this meant the lower red part, not the passenger footpeg area. Anyway, I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks

Jim, Christie's only husband.
21 years, and starting to get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: Re: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Well, it all worked out, and sounds great. amp in the trunk, jack comes out the front of the seat, and connects to Ipod in leg through pouch. amp switch wire runs to taillight, so that amp switches with ignition.

Thanks guys for the tips. Was riding at 60 MPH today, and could clearly hear the music....still a little chilly....song was Foreigner - Cold as Ice. ha ha.

Ride On.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

radio instlation Empty
PostSubject: Re: radio instlation   radio instlation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

radio instlation
Page 1 of 1