Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A well meaning plea!

Go down 
+22
DickO
roadrunner
KurtPerthWA
FlyingWing
bikerboy
AAAA
Gar Gentry
GaryL
redeye
craigory
dspevack
honda_silver
Windrider
Meldrew
jobo2mi
tarmacburner2
MikeO
PHXScooterBill
bigbird
MaxB
The Scootist
Waspie
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

A well meaning plea! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Of late there has been some to-ing and fro-ing of remarks regards questions and there responses.

We all have to realise we are all of differing backgrounds and experience, as such our questions, whilst obvious to some are not so obvious to other forum members.

New members sometimes come on here for advice and are unaware of how the 'search' facility works until they have been on here a wee while.

Can we all take a deep breath and help our fellow riders, new or old. Most agree this is a friendly site and I for one would like it to remain so. A haven for riders of Silver Wings to hang out, swop ideas and be generally helpful towards our fellow members irrespective of experience. We frequently welcome new forum members with the offer of help to their questions. Let us just do that - help.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41

AuthorMessage
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I came here thanksgiving morning ONLY because I was ready to make a much needed repair(grommet oil leak)...I made the repair. there were a few people that were concerned and genuine enough to help and give input...particularly JODDERS1, UPTOM, BIGBIRD and ULFLYER.....many thanks to you guys. If u four ever need help with the repair, i will gladly help.....THE OTHERS....if u need some answers that you will not find online(I looked there first)....my advice to you.....GOOGLE IT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Oh Meldrew.....we dont need a darkside section in the same way that u dont need a british scooter section....but u must admit that its nice because there are others(u.k.'ers) in which you guys and share a common interest. whats more, im happy for you and glad you were given that priviledge. In the same way, there are people here that appreciate the subject in which im speaking and we would like that same priviledge. when i go to your uk section and post a comment....its very evident that im not welcome or atleast it appears that way....so i wont post anything there again. Yes, i know, im american and i dont belong there.....apparently the decision makers dont see my idea as an opportunity, but rather a liability. For that reason, this forum will not benefit from car tyre section.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:48 pm

FlyingWing wrote:
I came here thanksgiving morning ONLY because I was ready to make a much needed repair(grommet oil leak)...I made the repair. there were a few people that were concerned and genuine enough to help and give input...particularly JODDERS1, UPTOM, BIGBIRD and ULFLYER.....many thanks to you guys. If u four ever need help with the repair, i will gladly help.....

Flying Wing,

The reason you may not have gotten as many responses as you did might have been due to some of us never having that problem or to be able to help you out with "GOOD" advice. I didn't speak up because I just didn't know what to tell you. but your above comment is pretty rude. I have posted many "Pictorials" on this site to help others and will continue to do so when I do some work that I haven't done yet.

But this is supposed to be a friendly and supportative forum, and to tell the rest of us "to hell with us" is pretty rude. I don't agree with members telling others to do a search if they think they may know where the info is on this site, but this site doesn't need an attitude like yours. IMO.

How many "Pictorials" have you submitted to the site? How many "How to's" have you done? Or how often have you given detailed instructions on some type of maintenance for the SWING? You get out of a site on 'WHAT YOU GIVE'.

Here is your last sentence: "THE OTHERS....if u need some answers that you will not find online(I looked there first)....my advice to you.....GOOGLE IT! "

Do you realize that if I had that attitude that this site wouldn't even exist??? I started this site because the .org site and the maxi-scoots.com site both went down at the same time. It was to share knowledge and to make friends at the same time. Not to say the things you say. Please show more respect here.

I have to say that this is probably the first post that has really "PISSED" me off. It seems you are very spoiled and if you don't get your way you tell others to "piss off". Well maybe that is what you need to do.

Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:05 pm

kool Jeff R.....im pissing off right now.....and i have posted pics....if u look there are pics on the "grometts oil leak repair thread".....if i were a new member and read what u jost posted.....i cant say it would make me want to join :-).....here i go...im pissing off now....
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:06 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
FlyingWing wrote:
I came here thanksgiving morning ONLY because I was ready to make a much needed repair(grommet oil leak)...I made the repair. there were a few people that were concerned and genuine enough to help and give input...particularly JODDERS1, UPTOM, BIGBIRD and ULFLYER.....many thanks to you guys. If u four ever need help with the repair, i will gladly help.....

Flying Wing,

The reason you may not have gotten as many responses as you did might have been due to some of us never having that problem or to be able to help you out with "GOOD" advice. I didn't speak up because I just didn't know what to tell you. but your above comment is pretty rude. I have posted many "Pictorials" on this site to help others and will continue to do so when I do some work that I haven't done yet.

But this is supposed to be a friendly and supportative forum, and to tell the rest of us "to hell with us" is pretty rude. I don't agree with members telling others to do a search if they think they may know where the info is on this site, but this site doesn't need an attitude like yours. IMO.

How many "Pictorials" have you submitted to the site? How many "How to's" have you done? Or how often have you given detailed instructions on some type of maintenance for the SWING? You get out of a site on 'WHAT YOU GIVE'.

Here is your last sentence: "THE OTHERS....if u need some answers that you will not find online(I looked there first)....my advice to you.....GOOGLE IT! "

Do you realize that if I had that attitude that this site wouldn't even exist??? I started this site because the .org site and the maxi-scoots.com site both went down at the same time. It was to share knowledge and to make friends at the same time. Not to say the things you say. Please show more respect here.

I have to say that this is probably the first post that has really "PISSED" me off. It seems you are very spoiled and if you don't get your way you tell others to "piss off". Well maybe that is what you need to do.

+1 applause applause
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

To JeffR... +1 as well applause applause applause

Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:41 pm

roadrunner wrote:

So getting back on topic, in the interest of keeping it that way, maybe the best reply for someone with a question is to a) provide a link to the specific answer or thread if we know it, and b) provide useful search terms to help them if we don't. Yes, it can get redundant, but we don't want to get like that other guy.

I agree with this and think it says it all best in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:39 am

Goog one Jeff,

onwards and forwards
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:49 am

You are still the man Jeff. Thanks for saying so eloquently what this old country boy wanted to say. I would have used fewer words.. "go get coffee yourself".
We oldie members of this forum YOU started have all had our say at times that do not express a warm and fluffy attitude. But usually someone like you or Waspie or even Meldrew ( Smile) calls for time out.
Thank you all for making this forum what it is. STILL the BFOE for Honda Silverwing discussions.

Last edited by Opalsboy on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks guys. I really wouldn't want anyone to leave the site but just be respectful. But I appreciate your support. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks, Jeff.
I missed this - busy in my workshop - but l see the names of the 'supporters' and they are among the people I respect here.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:25 am

Speaking as a crazy canuck ,on the subject of long distant touring in across the pond,or mods up grades ,I can understand the reasons to do 1000000 miles of touring through all that beautiful scenery and not having the need
for HP upgrades .With all the scoots riding narrow winding roads . High speed is not what you need unless your on a crotch rocket.
you have race tracks to go on for your rush.
In our neck of the woods ,if your not of the trans canada highway Riding the
surrounding roads .You get to know them ,there is few police patrols on them ,
they don't bother you unless its excessive.
Doing that, is what we do ,going from Tim Horton to Tim Horton drinking
coffee admiring Boss Hog cruisers, Trans Ams ,Gold wingers, Rockets
and Scooters which I am a population of one.

Until then keep your stick on ice Hey and your rubber bans Low. pig affraid motorcycle

Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:43 pm

DickO wrote:
roadrunner wrote:

So getting back on topic, in the interest of keeping it that way, maybe the best reply for someone with a question is to a) provide a link to the specific answer or thread if we know it, and b) provide useful search terms to help them if we don't. Yes, it can get redundant, but we don't want to get like that other guy.

I agree with this and think it says it all best in a nutshell.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. This site has a wealth of knowledge that, in my opinion, best serves forum users by referencing a good thread/post, rather than trying to duplicate it - with the caveat that the person asking is welcome to 'ask again' if the thread/post does not satisfy their need(s). I for one prefer that there be fewer threads dealing with the 'same' topic - rather than more. For example, the Givi Airflow Windshield thread totally convinced be to get an Airflow (thank you very much!) which has enhanced by riding joy by great bounds; whereas the same information spread out over 20 plus threads would not never have had the same impact or provided me the same information - as I would never have bothered to read all of them (which I did as it is just ONE thread). Maybe there should be a FAQ TECHNICAL section on the multitude of topics that come up again (and again!) with ONLY links to where the user can access information that MAY answer their question and address their need - with this FAQ TECHNICAL section being updated (somehow by forum users) as a living document that provides new threads as they may be added to the site (maybe this feature is on this forum - but I don't know where). Topics could be: windscreen, tires, suspension, forks, variator, clutch, mirrors, oil change, air filter, etc, etc, as the list goes on. I believe that a lot of people, such as myself, that spend a lot of time searching for answers to those frequent recurring matters that we know is contained somewhere on this site. I almost always find my answer (if I search long enough and try a multitude of search terms) as there have been so many useful historical threads posted by willing and helpful forum members who have SOOOOO much experience that they have chosen to share (again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!). It is important that we all stay on-point when posting to a thread and resist the temptation to stray as it just adds unnecessary information that others need to wade through to get to the facts; however, we all need to be open to criticism, ridicule, jest, and differing opinions (some of which may seem a bit strong) if it is done in the spirit of presenting an alternative viewpoint - I for one have learned much from this site by someone PRESENTING a viewpoint and a responder providing a DIFFERING (sometimes in strong language) viewpoint as this gives me countering viewpoints which have allowed me to judge what I think is best for my circumstance. Happy Holidays!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A well meaning plea!   A well meaning plea! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A well meaning plea!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2