Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 3:59 am

» noise under load
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...

Go down 
+11
tarmacburner2
IDwingit
toolboxjesse
Waspie
Meldrew
goldwinger
dspevack
Opalsboy
The Scootist
bigbird
wingnprayer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... Empty
PostSubject: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Hyperpro springs.

Ok there's been a lot written about them and after experiencing them for the first time today I have to agree with others comments

Yes the handling is greatly improved, the bike feels much more precise when cornering and that wallowing sensation is gone.

But the reason I rate them as the best mod is actually for safety reasons.

I purchased my 01 SW a couple of years ago, having previously owned a BMW C1 and quite a few other bikes before that. Within days of owning my SW I came off it at reasonably low speed coming round a corner. I had to brake quite hard when a car pulled out from behind another car and the next thing I knew I was down.

I really couldn't understand why though?... it was a dry day, the road had no debris/oil/shingle on it and I wasn't really going that fast. Ok I shouldn't have been braking whilst cornering, but we all know you need to sometimes and my BMW and former bikes would probably have coped with that same scenario I believe.

For months after the accident I was very nervous about riding my SW. Yet the more I rode it the more I realised just how much the front end would dip significantly under hard braking. Looking back I'm now 99% certain the reason the front slipped away is due to the front end dipping so far and then suddenly reaching the end of travel on the springs. IMO this created enough of a jar to break the tyre/road traction.

Today after my new hyperpros were fitted I realised just how bad the old springs really were. OK I've only spent a few hours with the new hyperpros but the braking is hugely improved. This afternoon I was able to approach roundabouts much faster than normal and brake much later without that awful feeling in my gut that she was going to break traction. OK I'm not going to make a habit of this, but being able to is a very welcome novelty.

Anyway I just wanted to share my experiences with other SW riders since I believe this mod is justified on the basis of safety if nothing else. If your partners aren't happy about yet another expensive mod, point out that in the worst case scenario this could save your life.

Incidentally a big thank you to Ian (Goldwinger) for fitting my hyperpros. Sadly I am a technical neanderthal and Ian came to my rescue.... whereas my local Honda dealer wanted to charge me £257!!!

Last edited by wingnprayer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Wing:
I would have to agree with your opinion - especially for the safety reasons. The HyperPro springs definitely transform the ride characteristics of the Swing. A while back someone else had prepared a list of the "best mods" for various reasons. One of the "best of" items was the taller windscreen for overall rider comfort. And if you ride in cold weather heated grips are a pretty nice mod too. Another best of was the J Costa for the best boost to accelleration - although now we are learning that the lighter weight Dr Pulley sliders can provide a great boost to your accelleration as well and they don't ruin your gas mileage like the J Costa did. It would be interesting to have other people list their "Best mods" and why. Anyone???
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Have I looked up the correct pn for the front fork springs?
" SP-HO06-SSA016 ". I am interested in purchasing this in the near future. I asked the local Honda dealer about installing them and he told me that he was under contract to Honda and could only install OEM Honda parts to Hondas. I will find an independent shop to install them. I re read Kurts instructions on rebuilding the fork seals and that process does seem beyond my abilities. Bigbird said to expect to pay around $200 for labor. Anyone else have experience along that amount?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 am

In FL a typical dealership motorcycle shop will charge $90/hr.
Add shop supplies, tax, and disposal fees, and yes
$200 for a 2hr job isn't unusual.

Dan
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:04 am

I believe that in the Honda manual, to remove the forks, you have to strip out the front tupperware. Dealerships in the UK price every job using the same equation i.e. book time X labour rate. The book times are given by Honda in this instance. They have a time for every job. When I owned a bodyshop, we had a book time for every job, on every vehicle, listed by an independent supplier, taken from manufacturers data. When we were charging £20 per hour ($32) the main dealers were charging anything from £40-£90 ($64-$144) per hour, depending on the marque. Porsche and Mercedes being in the upper bracket etc. Included in the times is an allowance for things like walking to a toolbox to select the correct tools. Anyone who has undertaken this job will know that it is not necessary to remove anything other than the front mudguard, wheel and caliper, which probably halves the book time.

Nigel, was a great pleasure to meet you, glad to help a fellow Swinger (Hmmm maybe I need to think of another name? lol) really enjoyed the little testing session, and the clock works great!!! lol Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4180
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:09 am

The Scootist wrote:
Wing:
I would have to agree with your opinion - especially for the safety reasons. The HyperPro springs definitely transform the ride characteristics of the Swing. A while back someone else had prepared a list of the "best mods" for various reasons. One of the "best of" items was the taller windscreen for overall rider comfort. And if you ride in cold weather heated grips are a pretty nice mod too. Another best of was the J Costa for the best boost to accelleration - although now we are learning that the lighter weight Dr Pulley sliders can provide a great boost to your accelleration as well and they don't ruin your gas mileage like the J Costa did. It would be interesting to have other people list their "Best mods" and why. Anyone???

I've put all the mods I need on my Silver Wing, HyperPro fork springs, not really worth it for me as I barely think about the stock ones. The Dr Pulley/J.Costa stuff I'll give all that stuff a miss too. If the Silver Wings set up is that much better than the 650 Burgman as recent posts would suggest, there's really no need to play about changing things. I don't want sports bike handling or performance, and if I did I'd be riding bikes. I have all I need for solo or two up touring the way my SW is now, anything else would be wasting money I'd rather spend on my next trip to Germany.

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:37 am

After reading this thread, it does raise a few salient points. I still feel, no pun, that the 'Wing' in its basic set up is ok for me. Emphasis on "for me". I find it easier and less costly for me to adapt to the machine rather than modify the machine to adapt to me.

I predminently use the bike for comuting albeit over decent distances and do see the need to adjust, transmissio or suspension.

Nice to hear the mod works for you although I would have given it a bit more than a few miles before making judgement.

Last edited by Waspie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 am

Doug, you don't need more than the first bend or a trial of heavy braking to realise the HyperPro springs tranform what is a good scooter, into a much better one. It really does make that much difference.

Ian
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:08 am

Can anybody tell me where I can find them in the US?

Thanks,
Jesse
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 am

x

Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:00 am

Gary asked earlier..." Have I looked up the correct pn for the front fork springs? " SP-HO06-SSA016 " ." That is the HyperPro I have found. The price is not given. I did see one listing for 115.00 no identity of units of currency.

Thanks in advance.

BTW... the reason I am interested is because it has been explained to me that triking a bike creates a different angle on the springs and seals. Heavy impacts cause damage to the seals more quickly. I am aware of impact with the slightest curb, pot hole, body or any object in the road. I want to improve the life of my seals as well as make the handling more pleasant. I expect that results with the improved springs.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 am

bigbird wrote:

Here:

http://www.epmperf.com/hyperpro-springs.htm

That's the only place that sells them I guess?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:14 am

x

Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 am

sure the pdf says 159 but the shopping cart price is 169. add shipping in the usa and you are over 182
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:20 am

x

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:24 am

bigbird wrote:
Any shop can order them for you, but they'll probably originate from EPM and likely be marked up by the retailer more than EPM's $159 price.
But what do I know?

Bite your tongue! Like I would ever order from a shop or have them touch any of my bikes! ;-)
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 am

I certainly like the HyperPros on my front end. Coupled with the Ohlins on the rear my Silverwing is nicely setup for my style of riding.

However, the #1 mod IMHO has got to be the Givi Airflow screen. Having just found out the screen is available for the Burgman 400 I've ordered one for that scooter. Just removed the present 7Jurock screen so everythin is ready to fit the new one when it arrives.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:07 am

Opalsboy:
I just added the HyperPro springs last week. I got them from EPM for $159.00 and my favorite shop charged me 1 1/2 hours ($135.00) to install them.

Meldrew:
To each his own. I really enjoy squeezing the most comfort, performance, and handling out of the Silverwing and I am lucky in that I have sufficient discretionary income to be able to try different ways of optimizing my bike for me. The thing is, even after totalling up all I have invested in my Silverwing I have spent more than $1,000.00 less than a new Burgman 650 Executive would have cost me and my Swing will absolutely blow the Burgman away in accelleration and handling.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 am

The Scootist wrote:
The thing is, even after totalling up all I have invested in my Silverwing I have spent more than $1,000.00 less than a new Burgman 650 Executive would have cost me and my Swing will absolutely blow the Burgman away in accelleration and handling.

Upgrading is cheaper alternative then purchasing different motorcycle(s)/scooter(s) Razz
Back to top Go down
Elklander
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Elklander

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Smile I also installed the HyperPro(bought from EPM for 159.00)and I feel a big difference in cornering and also dips in the road are not bottoming out.I installed them myself and it was a fairly easy job.Less than 2 hours.My wife's SW is stock and when I ride hers I really notice the difference.Lets put it this way when we were young and bought our first used car that had a million miles on it and the original shocks and you stopped but the car kepped rocking.Then you buy your first new car and come to a stop.Wow no rocking.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 pm

[quote=" I really enjoy squeezing the most comfort, performance, and handling out of the Silverwing and I am lucky in that I have sufficient discretionary income to be able to try different ways of optimizing my bike for me. [/quote] Don't let the IRS hear you have discretionary income, They think it should be spelled THEIRS.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Where is the shopping cart on the EPM website? The site says to call them to place an order.

Thanks,
Jesse
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Meldrew:
To each his own. I really enjoy squeezing the most comfort, performance, and handling out of the Silverwing and I am lucky in that I have sufficient discretionary income to be able to try different ways of optimizing my bike for me. The thing is, even after totalling up all I have invested in my Silverwing I have spent more than $1,000.00 less than a new Burgman 650 Executive would have cost me and my Swing will absolutely blow the Burgman away in accelleration and handling.

I bought my 650 Burgman Exec with 50 miles on the clock for about the same price as a new Silver Wing in 2008. I'm not short of a bob or two myself, and I'm happy with the comfort, performance, and handling of my Silverwing as it is. You say that your Silver Wing will absolutely blow the Burgman away in acceleration, now how do you know that? There's probably a few 'Burgman blowing away the Silver Wing' posts on BurgmanUSA and other maxi scooter forums. These are the only places to make these claims, because no one else is interested. I got the 'my bike's faster than your bike' rubbish out of my system in the 70's. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Meldrew:
I am not saying the Burgman is a bad bike and I am glad that you like yours. I am just saying that my bike is better for me and I got mine for a lot less than I could have bought a Burgman 650 exec. Around here a Burgman 650 exec goes for $9,500.00. In June I got my brand new 2009 Silverwing with only 6 miles on the clock for only $6,499.00. My Silverwing will do 0 to 60 mph in around 6 seconds and I assure you a burgman 650 exec can't do that unless it has been modified, which isn't an easy or inexpensive thing to do. I am looking for a local Burgman to do a head to head test just to see. Let me know if you will be in the area anytime soon. I know some great rides in this area. Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:04 am

I had a 650 Burgman for over two years and PX'd it for a new 2010 Silver Wing at the end of last year. Although I enjoyed my time on the Burgman, it's too heavy and the 'Burgman Grin' was lost on me. So I'm out of the running for your head to head test with a Burgman. Even if I still had it it wouldn't be any good, I'm over here in the UK, but I suppose you could still send me that discretionary income the IRS now know about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Sod all to do with wheels. The IRS sent me an email informing me I had overpaid tax. If I sent my bank account details they would recredit my $700+.

Like that was going to happen. True Brit and proud. Don't like paying UK taxes, If the mighty USA thinks I am going to pay there's too they can swivel!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:11 am

Rode the SW again today after a few days break, however took the top box off to see if it made any extra difference. Not sure if I'm still being wowed by the hyperpros or the box really did make a difference, but todays ride was the most balanced the SW has ever felt. Corners were smooth and precise, braking (compared to the pre-hyperpro days) was significantly different. The bike stops in shorter distances because I don't have to go easy on the brakes expecting the big dip... which thankfully is gone now.

Anyway I stand by my original post, for me at least the hyperpros are the best mod I've made on my bike.

Just as a foot note I picked up on one of the review sites (Review Centre I think) that someone was claiming the early SW's had worse front suspension than later models with Honda rejigging something about 2 years in (possibly around the same time ABS was offered). I have no idea if this is true since I can't find an official Honda history/revision list online, but if it is then perhaps that's why the difference for me with my 01 SW is so black and white.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 am

I don't have hyperpros yet, and I am still on the fence as to how much they would improve my Swing experience vs the dollars for them....

However, I gotta say that the Givi Windshield and the Mirror Extensions are the two best additions I have made to my scoot. It is great to be able to see behind myself so well with the extensions. I think the total cost was less than $15.
The Givi Windshield eliminated virtually all the buffeting for me. Interstates are no problem and also keeps most of the buffeting from my Wife as a passenger...so that is a great thing..... billc.

p.s. Bestem top box is also a close third for convenience and storage, and price!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...   IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMHO the No1 mod is without any shadow of doubt the ...
Page 1 of 1