Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:44 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sturgis Bound

Go down 
+22
WingBabe
Snipzster
roadrunner
john grinsel
DaveR
Windrider
IDwingit
"Hi Yo"
PHXScooterBill
The Scootist
trouble1100
billc.
jdeereanton
DennisB
dspevack
pancho
bigbird
bob wells
robert
Jinglebob
toolboxjesse
tankyuong
26 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Will I get beat up taking the scoot to Sturgis? I wonder if anyone has tried.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:25 pm

I am told that Sturgis is now mostly doctors and lawyers with their $30,000 shiny POSes, but a jap scooter would probably put you near the front of the line for an ass-kicking by whatever real bad-ass bikers are left there.

I read there was recently a shootout at an alternative Sturgis rally, supposedly by real bad-ass bikers who were upset the yuppie riders where there too.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:56 pm

The accounts I've heard are that Sturgis is highly overrated and hyped. I suspect Jesse is probably right...most of the people at Sturgis are now yuppies...but not all.

That "shootout" Jesse referred to was at a bar at Sturgis. It involved some off-duty police officers from the Northwest who rode to Sturgis to see what it was all about and some Hell's Angels who objected to their presence. The investigation revealed, I believe, that the HAs were about to violently attack the officers and the officers shot to defend themselves. The HAs immediately objected afterwards, portraying themselves as the innocent victims of police brutality, but dropped the pretense after the facts came out. I'm going from memory, here...I saw the investigative report after it came out, but I may have some pieces of it wrong. Do a web search and get the details.

Point is...if you don't want trouble, don't go where trouble is. Go somewhere else Sturgis week and spend your money elsewhere. Those of us who ride Silverwings tend to be independent sorts who don't really care about what people think about what we ride. We don't fit the typical "biker" stereotype, so why feed into it by participating in it?

Just a suggestion...
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Let's all of us S/Wing Riders go to Sturgis and see what kind of trouble we can cause, just kidding. There was a m/c rallye here in Az. a couple of weeks ago called the " Too broke for Sturgis Rallye ", where about 3 or 4 people were shot. Peace and Ride Safe...Robert.
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Been there done that. I used to go for the races but now the "party" is the deal. Last time there about 5 years ago, too many rude drunk and obnoxious people. Too crowded, too noisey and way too much chrome and black leather.
everybody trying to be unique and end up all looking the same. I am done with it. Too Old. Sleep

Bob
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm

bob wells wrote:
Been there done that. I used to go for the races but now the "party" is the deal. Last time there about 5 years ago, too many rude drunk and obnoxious people. Too crowded, too noisey and way too much chrome and black leather.
everybody trying to be unique and end up all looking the same. I am done with it. Too Old. Sleep

Bob

What he said.Go and don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:02 pm

bob wells wrote:

Bob

But Daaaaaaad, I just have to be a nonconformist like everyone else!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Trout fishing. Maybe I'm different or strange. Even when I rode a H-D Panhead I never wanted to go to Sturgis during the rally. I would much more like to spend my time at a beautiful mountain lake or trout stream, camping under the stares listing to the sounds of the night and very much away from the big party seen of Sturgis.

I'd like to go and visit Sturgis after the maniacs have gone home.

Just my thoughts sunny
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:22 pm

DennisB wrote:
Trout fishing. Maybe I'm different or strange. Even when I rode a H-D Panhead I never wanted to go to Sturgis during the rally. I would much more like to spend my time at a beautiful mountain lake or trout stream, camping under the stares listing to the sounds of the night and very much away from the big party seen of Sturgis.

I'd like to go and visit Sturgis after the maniacs have gone home.

Just my thoughts sunny

Did I hear trout fishing? bounce

You need to come to Idaho. I even speak Okie. Laughing

Bob
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm

dspevack wrote:
bob wells wrote:

Bob

But Daaaaaaad, I just have to be a nonconformist like everyone else!

:lol!:
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 pm

Alot of things to love about trout fishing...The one I love the most is... they always live in the most beautiful places in this world, and I love that. sunny
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:48 pm

+1 on the trout fishing...you're right, Dennis-those wily rascals know exactly where to put the trout condos...right next to the million dollar views!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Yep! Will be up by Sun Valley next week on the Big Wood river fishing for rainbows. Smile

Bob
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Just wish I could get away. Sounds like trout fishing heaven. I speak both Okie and Californian. Kinda mixed them all up after living in Oklahoma for the past 17 years. Some how they know I'm not from around here.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:38 am

robert wrote:
Let's all of us S/Wing Riders go to Sturgis and see what kind of trouble we can cause, just kidding. There was a m/c rallye here in Az. a couple of weeks ago called the " Too broke for Sturgis Rallye ", where about 3 or 4 people were shot. Peace and Ride Safe...Robert.

If loud pipes save lives, wouldn't loud guns be just as safe? Seems odd to me.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 am

tankyuong wrote:
Will I get beat up taking the scoot to Sturgis? I wonder if anyone has tried.

Yes, people have tried.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:33 am

Sunday, I was headed in the opposite direction from a Harley rider at a stoplight. When the light changed, I did the "biker wave" and he did not even look at me or acknowledge I was there. No biggie, but there is a 'tude.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:31 am

billc. wrote:
No biggie, but there is a 'tude.

( or "turd" as it were Laughing ) For those of you that are trying to figure out the attitude, this may help ....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGZG2kx5vD8
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 am

"Harley 'tude (or Turd)"

On that topic, while riding home last Friday I was riding in the right lane and I caught up with a harley dude in the left lane who was riding some sort of chopped abomination with ape-hanger bars. The rider wasn't very old, nor was he very large, but he clearly thought that he was something really special - all dressed up in his pseudo-macho, penile compensating costume, wearing his WWII Nazi Germany Helmet, and reeking of attitude. As I came up to my exit I pulled into the exit only lane and accellerated past him. Apparently this offended his artificially inflated micro-schwang ego and he tried to quickly switch lanes to make sure I couldn't get in front of him. When he opened the throttle his ultra-small-penis over compensating machine roared, but when he then tried to flick it into the lane next to me the front end went into some sort of rapid shimmey and he nearly lost control. He had to jam on his breaks to keep from ramming the rear end of the surburban he had pulled in behind. I looked at him as I glided past to my exit and just had to shake my head in disgust at his stupidity. This is yet another example of Darwin Theory at work. Sooner or later this guy will be removed from the gene pool.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:39 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:33 pm

These are all the reasons why the wife and I didn't head down to the Laughlin River Run a month or so ago. Way too much pirate costume ego. I once had a co-worker that was HD everything. He had the clothes, the stickers all over his car (even putting one on the Tenant ride-on floor scrubber at work). He and his girlfriend could always be seen at the dealer or at the Harley store in the mall where they both had extra jobs. I remember that they sold everything there--even HD underwear--ludicrous doesn't even begin to describe it.
The worst part of it all was that both he and his girlfriend each had alimony payments to their ex's and yet were trading in their Harleys (he had two, she had one) every couple of years. No wonder why he had three jobs and she had two! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LVScooterBill on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Sturgis Bound 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm

I live close to a major Harley dealer with a large HOG following. I don't have any problem waving at these fellow bikers. If they don't wave back I assume they are looking at their rearview mirrors to see if any parts have fallen off, And I must admit that some, OK maybe a few, well I've seen one passenger woth a second look. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Anyone here know the difference between a Harley D. and a Hoover (vacuum)?

Well. there are two correct answers.....

A) the position of the dirtbag!

and/or

B) the number of dirtbags!
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Ok, you ask for it .....

Owning a few Wings, Asian cruisers and sport tourers I have taken some ribbing and a few comments about my "Jap scrap and rice burners" from my Motor Co. riding buddies.

Here are a few better comebacks .....

Harley Davidson, the most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the adverse side effect of horsepower!

What's the cheapest way to get another 50hp from your Harley? Trade it in on a Honda.

Why don't Harley riders sit on their bikes when the side stand is down? They're afraid to lean over that far.

How do you know you're riding a Harley? While coming off an exit-ramp you get passed by a Vespa.

How do you know all the aftermarket parts you bought for your Harley are worth the money? You finally break into the 15's in the quarter mile.

How do Harley engineers tell if a bike is worthy of the Harley name? They check to make sure the exhaust noise in decibels exceeds the horsepower rating.

Why don't Harley owners smile? Once they realize they have been conned into paying $25,000 for an outdated piece of crap, would YOU be smiling?

Why do Harleys have fringe? So you can tell if they're moving.

How is a Harley Davidson like an old dog? They both like to ride in the back of pickup trucks.

How do you know your Harley is handling great? You can almost keep up with the logging trucks when you're riding the twisties.

What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer and one that's being ridden there? The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

Why do all Harley owners have trailers? So they can go around corners faster!

Where can you find the world's largest collection of Harley jokes? Sturgis

You know you're a Harley rider if: You're unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stoplight.

You confuse the word "character" with the more accurate term "engineering flaws".

"Water cooled,” means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a wrecker.

Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 am

I rode a 86 Honda shadow 1100 to Sturgis in 1987. Most of the posers act like you don't exist. I spend a lot of time riding Custard park and the Black hills. I got my fill of Sturgis and won't ever go to Harley Week again.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm headed for the Black Hills tomorrow. Won't go as far as Sturgis because these people don't use very good sense. Dangerous! to say the least.
There are a lot of people getting educated and a lot of them are very interested in the Silverwing. Once they see them perform, they perk up and begin to ask questions. That is to say the "smart ones" , ,
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 am

Go but ride----Sturgis is the trailer biker gathering. I have been there on scooters as well as big bikes. Interesting to see and observe how stupid some people are. Really fun if it rains-----the people in Haloween costumes usually don't have rainsuits and hide under bridges.

One game I used to play on my faster Honda is ----let's see how fast the HD goes----they ride in left lane----move on them and they will not yield lane buy try to go faster....and they cannot....just lots of noise and shaking.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:54 pm

IDwingit wrote:

Anyone here know the difference between a Harley D. and a Hoover (vacuum)?

Well. there are two correct answers.....

A) the position of the dirtbag!

and/or

B) the number of dirtbags!

I humbly submit:

C) nothing, they both suck.

Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:42 pm

roadrunner wrote:

I humbly submit:

C) nothing, they both suck.

Hey, I like that one...
Back to top Go down
Snipzster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Wow, you guys are a tough bunch! I actually own both a Silverwing and HD Ultra Classic. I must say, I enjoy riding both, although I must admit, the Swing gets picked most of the time when I open the garage door. It just depends on my mood I guess. I was out to Sturgis 23 years ago on a Honda 900F and didn’t have a problem. It sounds like maybe things have changed!
Back to top Go down
WingBabe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
WingBabe

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:48 pm

I've been a lurker, but since I live in Sturgis I couldn't resist posting on this topic.

This year attendance was way down & the rally was very mellow. I've had my 08 Swing for 3 years & ride into town during the rally no problem. I'm a 56-yr-old chunky old Mom, & always wear full safety gear. My ride & I look different than everything else here. I go to restaurants, peruse vendors, go on test rides, all that stuff. So if you ever want to come to Sturgis, come on down! But my advice is to avoid the rally & come out here any other time. The riding on the various canyon roads in the Black Hills is incredible! Natural beauty abounds around every curve. Plus prices aren't inflated.

And think on this. All those supposed Harley "rebels" all dress alike & ride the same bike (Harleys are essentially the same engine with different window dressing for each model, right?). Wearing a helmet & armored jacket, riding a scooter -- YOU are the rebel, the non-conformist. Be radical. cheers
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:03 pm

I love your observations. Don't lurk so much... we could use more of your thoughts!!

Welcome!! small moped
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:27 pm

I was coming back from a prison on the east side of the mountains in Washington, and had two guys pull up next to me who had come from Sturgis.

I got a little chuckle out of them. They were totally taken back when I said I like people...but don't like crowds. I would go the opposite direction of a rally like that, knowing that the roads would be more empty and enjoyable with everyone else at the rally.

One of them had an Indian in really good shape...well, except for a head gasket that was leaking. He kept looking at my scooter and I think was trying to figure out where everything was, especially since (a) there's no gas tank where it "normally" is, and he had seen under the seat...so where was the engine??? Laughing

Chris
Back to top Go down
WingBabe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
WingBabe

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks for your encouragement! Yeah, I'll work on not being such a lurker. Thanks GaryL!

GaryL wrote:

I love your observations. Don't lurk so much... we could use more of your thoughts!!

Welcome!! small moped
Back to top Go down
WingBabe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
WingBabe

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 pm

What a nice ride it would be from Winnipeg. The best times to head to the Black Hills are spring, when it's all green & pretty, & fall when the leaves change. If you ever make the trip, bigbird, let me know. I'll give you suggestions for places to stay & eat, plus the best rides once you're here.

bigbird wrote:
I may have to come down there from Winnipeg. Any time but bike week works for me. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
scootingranny
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Son and his girlfriend were at the Sturgis area the week before the actual event last year and had a blast. They were in an RV and their only "wheels" for transportation were bicycles. His girlfriend is a total KNOCK OUT and when they went to one biker bar, they parked their bicycles and as they got off, some guy on a Harley just looked at him and said "you get a girl like that with a BICYCLE and I have a $50,000 Harley and I'm alone?" They just laughed, bought each other drinks and had a good time.

Son did say that he was glad they weren't there during the full week of Sturgis because it would be so crowded, etc but have other biker friends who went and had a good time. They aren't yuppies but aren't hard core bikers either.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:56 am

HEY, we had a couple of our Ulysses club members from Western Aus there on a trike. They reckon it was Mecca
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sturgis Bound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturgis Bound   Sturgis Bound I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sturgis Bound
Page 1 of 1