Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:31 am

» New to Me Swing
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California Empty
PostSubject: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi,

Our Bay Area Maxi Riders Group (BAMR) went for a nice ride today in the Oakland Hills area of California. It was a great ride but it was only about 100 miles but it was very relaxing. I am posting some pics here to show the group.

We all met at a "Pete's coffee" and there were 12 Touring Scooters with 13 people that showed up for the ride. We rode all nice 2 lane roads that have nice nice curves and it was a very relaxing ride. The weather was great, about 72 degrees with hardly any wind and a lot of sun. I even got a slight sunburn today too so that is nice...finally. My total miles were only about 95-100 miles but a very relaxing ride and nice roads.

Our first stop was at Chabot Observatory and that is the first 2 pictures below. We lined the bikes up and since there were 12 bikes it is difficult to get a good shot of all the bikes that shows much detail. The 2nd picture is the group picture of all of us standing in front of the building (I'm the one on the right in a blue sweatshirt). After this we left and went up the road about 10 miles and took some more pictures and just enjoyed a great spot to site see. It gave a great view of the bay and San Francisco, across the bay. It was too bad it was a bit foggy over in S.F. and the Golden Gate Bridge or it would have been a great picture.

After we left the scenic spot we just kept riding the nice curvy roads until we stopped for lunch and talked for about an hour. That is one of the things we like to do... stop for a good lunch and catch up. We spoke about the Rally we would like to put on this summer. When lunch was over another rider and myself left for home but the rest kept riding. It's too bad I have had a bad cold the last 1 1/2 weeks or I would have continued too.

It was great to get out and ride again, even though we try to have a monthly ride, but this was a great day for weather and the scenery was very nice too. I can't wait for the good weather to be here for good...and I think it is now, since the Bay area weather has to be some of the best in the country. I will post a "Photostory" tomorrow or the next day to show all of the pictures I took. But it was great and a very relaxing ride.

Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California Group_10

Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California Bikes_12

Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California Skylin10
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 am

Jeff,

That looks like so much fun. Our small group here in Huntsville tries to get out and ride at least once a month. Riding in a small group is really a lot of fun. Great pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:22 am

Hi Jeff
Thanks for the great ride yesterday and hello to all the new members that came. Here is my video from the ride over to Oakland Hills. After the last video I lost the group so I just went home. Sad

james
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:39 pm

James,

Where did you go yesterday? We were looking for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 am

After that stop at the Railroad park I was taking a video of the group leaving the place and when I finished I tried catching up but you guys were too far gone. So I took a ride down Wildcat Cyn rd to San Pablo Dam rd and took 80 back home. By the way, this is how SF bayarea would've looked like if it wasn't foggy/hazzy on saturday

Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California Img_0013

JeffR wrote:
James,

Where did you go yesterday? We were looking for you.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Jeff, looks like a super ride. Can't wait to do the west coast ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California   Group Ride today 3-28-09  Oakland Hills area, California I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Ride today 3-28-09 Oakland Hills area, California
Page 1 of 1