Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!

Go down 
+5
Buickguy
AAAA
DennisB
honda_silver
JeffR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! Empty
PostSubject: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi,

I started this site about 2 1/2 years ago and I think it has turned into a really good site for Silver Wing information and also for friendly conversations. I am a very big believer in "rights of free speech" and think I have been lucky to have so many good members that are very respectful to all.

Things have become busier for me and I just haven't had the chance to post much at all and was wondering if anyone would be willing to take over the site. If anyone does volunteer I would want some one that will continue being respectful towards others and not to be the 'dictator' type like on the other site.

We have many members that are very active and knowledgeable with the SilverWing and am more concerned with choosing someone that will continue this site to be known as the 'friendliest site on the net". It does seem when people come here they really do think it is friendly and open to all.

I'm not selling my SWing at all and will continue to be active here but with my work being busy and my daughter getting older and much more into after school sports it just isn't possible for me to spend the time I need to spend here. The other admins have been great here. And i would like to thank Dale and Dennis for all they have done, and it they aren't in the group to take it over than whoever does should seriously consider keeping them on. They are both great guys.

Please give this some thought and reply to this or send me a "PM' if you would like to become the new owner. It costs about $10 a mont or so, and that is to keep the ads off the site and to provide extra strorage for all the photo's and the attachments that are able to be input into the posts. So you need to be willing to keep the ads off the site and also for additional storage for pics and attachments.

Thanks,

JeffR

Last edited by JeffR on Sun May 22, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I would be willing to help.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Bill, As one of the admin/mod on this sight, you have my vote.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Is the site hosted, or do you have your own server?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Tagg,

I guess it is hosted since I don't have a server. Many other sites use the same platform as this. It is totally free but I pay a small amount monthly to keep the ads off the site and to but additional storage for pictures and attachments. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Feels a lot like having a death in the family.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:38 pm

u p tom,

Thanks but I'm more concerned with this site continuing as one of the best Silver Wing forums on the net. It isn't the best because of me though. I honestly believe this site has the best members of any forum I belong too. And I belong to quite a few of them. The members are very friendly, respectful, funny, and just nice people.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:46 am

They always did say that you meet the nicest people on a Honda.

I'd offer to help, but I am in no way qualified.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:27 am

As JeffR stated I think the priority would be to maintain the 'feel' of the site in its current mode. Friendly and free of aggressive moderation.

I, like Dennis think Bill, aka Honda_Silver would carry on in the way JeffR describes. So I guess Bill, you get my vote too.

To whomever takes over the reigns, good luck.

To JeffR, thank you for giving us riders a great site for those 'Wing' riders from around the globe. You have certainly given the next 'owner' a benchmark.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:24 am

Bill also has my vote.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

JeffR, I "read" a lot more on this site that I post, but it is something I look forward to on a regular basis.
You have done an invaluable service for all of us. We will miss your input but hope you will still be around. Again, THANKS!!
p.s. I would vote for Bill (Honda Silverwing) to handle the site.
best to all of you...billc.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:32 am

Darksider you got my vote
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!   Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asking for a possible new owner for this site !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: