Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  Empty
PostSubject: Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]    Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Credit must be given to bar10r from another forum that will not allow you to link to it.I hope I am not stepping on any toes hear. Twisted Evil

"The bike is heavy, 500lbs, plus. I have used 2 methods. Under the bike, near centerstand is a plate(like a skid plate), I place a 2 ton jack under it, then use one of my legs to push down on long pipe, I also hold the handle bars with 2 hands so I have total control of bike. It usual takes 2 cranks with the 2 ton jack to raise it enough to put down center stand. I would recommend this 2nd method better. I drilled a 1" hole in my garage roof to put in a strap with a rachet. Just put bike under strap, then secure to back part of seat where passenger holds(2 sides, so it pulls equally) and with a few cranks, your bike is in the air without hurting your back or hurting your bike. Also works great for front end, I secure under steering."

Personally I would use a rafter to put the strap over instead of drilling a hole in my roof. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]    Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:43 pm

The bike is heavy. I had to lift it off the ground two times in one wonderful day last year(on fhe side wheels off the ground). To put it on the center stand I try to start rolling it backwards and then step on the center stand bar. The momentum helps it get up on the stand. Hold it so it doesn't slam back on the stand real hard. Too much of that might eventually cause the stand to fail, I think. Your idea seems good. I have not yet had to lift the front wheel.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]    Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Balance the bike on the feet of the stand, push down with your leg and pull up at the same time, not back. Make sure your e-brake is off. It's not hard once you get the rhythm down.

I will say it's more of a challenge than putting a motorcycle up due to the stand being placed farther to the rear of the CG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ2o3iv3ANE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VPeDqKSj5c

OR... You could do a little modification to the suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bz1Wwh8z78&NR=1

Last edited by trouble1100 on Tue May 10, 2011 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]    Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:36 am

Great Videos Trouble. I park mine in the garage just like that all the time. Start on the side stand, then stand on the center-stand and let it stabilize the bike as I move it to vertical, then pull up on the rear rack frame while stepping up on the lever.

Make sure you leave space in front of the bike - i.e not too close to a curb or wall. And make sure you put the side stand up so you don't forget about it later.

To get it off the center stand straddle the bike, lean forward and give it a nice shove on the handle bars. When feeling tired and old I might push forward on the handlebars while letting myself bounce backwards and off the seat and forward again. The momentum takes the bike off the stand. The bike does a bounce coming down and forward and I just let myself sit on it and apply the brake. I an left in riding position.

I've taken it off the stand by lifting Up on the rack while also pushing forward, but I don't like that because when it comes down I have to hold it upright from the side. Straddling it feels much safer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]    Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help getting it up ? [ your S/Wing I mean ]
Page 1 of 1