Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Introduction from Mansfield,England.

Go down 
+5
pancho
DennisB
MikeO
jdeereanton
vmaximus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Introduction from Mansfield,England. Empty
PostSubject: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 am

Hi to all,i have been looking at this site in the background for the last few weeks
and have found some really usefull information and now i am in the process of purchasing a 2009 silverwing.First let introduce myself.I am 58 married 2 children and 2 grandchildren .I live near Mansfield,Nottinghamshire,England.I have been into motorcycles most of my life and i currently ride a Yamaha 125 Majesty and a rather powerfull 1200 Yamaha motor bike ,Having read quite a few reviews about the silverwing i have decided to buy one. I shall be collecting it on Sunday 17/04/2011 and riding the 120 miles back home .I hope to do some touring camping and weekend runs out with the wife during the summer months.The bike comes with ABS,Givi top box and tall screen and i can't wait to pick it up and try it out,i hope that it lives up to all expectations.Well thats all from me at the moment i'll let you know how i get on with it.By the way can anyone tell me where i can get crash bars from or if they make panniers to fit this model.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 am

Hello and welcome!

Good decision made, I think.

There are no Silverwing-specific panniers for it but most - Givi, Oxford et al soft bags do the job.
For a short while Givi made a left-hand side only mount for hard luggage but that seems to have been discontinued.
Another member here has adapted Givi mounts from a motorbike and they look good! Pictures in his album.

The only crash bars I know of are made by Fehling in Germany. They're pricey but look the business - their chroming is not what it was, unfortunately, but that's life. Smile

DennisB of this parish makes some super add-ons - I've bought a couple of bits and they can't be bettered, honestly.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:05 am

Hi vmaximus,

Welcome aboard. Happy you decided to join in. sunny
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:23 am

How-De from Texas.........
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 pm

WelcomeV maximus.
You will love your Swing, as we get older we like our comfort as well as the joy of riding. My last bike was a Deauville, and I would still have it today but for back problems. However, the Silverwing offers all the Deauville did, but with more comfort and economy.If you want to put whistles and bells on it then,DennisB is your man. I personally think Mr Honda got it right. I have put a top box on as i prefer one.Many happy and safe hours riding to you.

Last edited by Old Limey on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Introduction from Mansfield,England. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 pm

cheers cheers Wwlcome to the forum,club,asylum,and circus, All of these and more. Enjoy the ride. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi and welcome vmaximus....just down the roadf from you at Brinsley. Happy to help if you need any....had a Silverwing since 2006.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:03 am

Welcome vmaximus,

Congrats on the new SWing and i'm sure you will like it. I rode m/c's for years and got into the scooter thing about 6 years ago. I had the Reflex, Majesty, and now the SWing for 4 years. It will take you anywhere you went to go in comfort. Welcome and congrats...and please post some pics when you get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction from Mansfield,England.   Introduction from Mansfield,England. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction from Mansfield,England.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: