Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings to All

Go down 
+3
pancho
Lab Rat
Tripod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tripod
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tripod

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:59 pm

I ran into your site while doing research prior to buying my Silver Wing. You all seemed 'Mostly Harmless', with a good sense of humor (I loved the thread on SW 'frame rot'. Nice.)

I am now the proud owner of a 2002 SW. It had less than 15K on it, and some minor fairing scratches, but runs great.
I've already replaced the plugs, air & oil filters, brake pads and drive belt. The underseat storage was barely adequate, so I installed a medium sized top box as well. Next up, I'll be installing the Dr. Pulley slider weights.

As a commuter, I was looking for something reliable that could handle the elements and varied city traffic. After a couple of weeks, I have few complaints. That 46 MPG does hurt, though (My Aprilia Atlantic gets almost 60.) The Silver Wing's performance almost makes up for it's gas guzzling. And as long as it gets me to work every day, rain or shine, I'm sure we'll be good friends.

I'll be checking in from time, to time. I just wanted to thank you for all the info that made my purchase easier.
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm new here as well, with a recently purchased '03 model. I'm also working my way through some of the routine maintenance items that I don't have a solid history on. I'll also be checking into upgrading the front shocks. It seems pretty soft up there. I'm also an all-weather commuter... rain or shine, hot or cold. About the only thing that stops me is snow and ice, or the occasional "just don't feel like it". I don't get that very often, so I figure if I feel it, maybe I should heed it. Smile
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Welcome,are you a StarTrek fan? I can hear the Capt. saying....KHAN!!!!
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Pancho, I was relieved to see I'm not the only nerd who heard Shatner's yell when I saw Tripod's avatar.

Tripod, welcome! I'm wondering about your location -- here in dead-flat Florida, I've never gotten worse than 52 MPG from my '09. Do you have a lot of hills?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 am

Welcome to the site Tripod and hope you enjoy it. And congrats on your SWing and I'm sure you will enjoy it too. Maybe you can write up a review comparing the SWing and the Atlantic sometime since we all like to read reviiews here. There was a guy in our local club that had one and really liked it. Again welcome and hope you decide to drop in often.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Tripod
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tripod

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

@ Pancho & Roadrunner: I'm a Trekkie, guilty as charged. I actually find myself pondering who was the hotter Vulcan, Kirstie Alley or Kim Catrell.
And no Roadrunner, my topography is not that hilly. There are a few open stretches during my commute that I lay on the throttle heavy, that might lower the MPG.
@JeffR: I might compare the SWing and Aprilia for y'all later. For now, let's just say one is a Lazy-Boy, and one is a Bike.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Tripod wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

@ Pancho & Roadrunner: I'm a Trekkie, guilty as charged. I actually find myself pondering who was the hotter Vulcan, Kirstie Alley or Kim Catrell.
And no Roadrunner, my topography is not that hilly. There are a few open stretches during my commute that I lay on the throttle heavy, that might lower the MPG.
@JeffR: I might compare the SWing and Aprilia for y'all later. For now, let's just say one is a Lazy-Boy, and one is a Bike.

Go BORGE.......7 of 9!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Welcome Tripod from a 1st generation Trekkie fan.

Were living the 5th or 6th showing of the series in the UK right now, it's great.

Enjoy the 'Wing' tis a truly awesome beast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:58 pm

I thought tripods were 'War of the Worlds'!

Welcome from me. too. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings to All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings to All   Greetings to All I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings to All
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: