Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches Empty
PostSubject: Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches   Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I was over at my dad's and he had ordered one of those Simoniz fix it pens. I decided to try it on a scratch on the swing. BIG MISTAKE! The resin drys within 3 seconds. I could not wipe off the excess before it dried. I now have a streak of resin on the side of my swing creating an eyesore. Even on the part that was scratched, I could still see the scratch so in my opinion, this product is a complete and total crock. Does anyone have any experience with this product or have any ideas on how to remove this?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches   Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Ron,

There really is no free lunch is there?

Contact a body shop they may have some suggestions on how to remove the offending stuff.

Scratches seem to just be a part of the game. I must admit I am not terribly fastidious about washing and waxing our bikes. We really prefer to ride them and taking the greater part of a day to get them clean seems like such a waste of nice weather.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches   Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Dale,
Amen.
Too many years of dirt bikes in my past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches   Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 am

Jon,

I do like how nice and shiny the bikes look when clean, but... Maybe I'm just lazy.

Ron,

I'd really be curious to find out how you get this resolved.

When I was younger and really into my cars I used a rubbing compound to remove surface flaws. This stuff was mildly abrasive so potentially a risk on our thinly painted plastic parts. After the rubbing compound a good waxing returned the lustre of the original paint. Keep in mind that the finish on a 1960's automobile was very different from our SilverWing "paint job".

I really think a good body shop may be able to advise you best on how to get the stuff off of your body panels. I think trying a bunch of chemical products could result in a weird science project.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches   Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Ron I hope you find an answer to removing the resin. Possibly a shop that works on Corvettes or other fiberglass type auto's could give you advice. Good Luck.
Like Dale and Jon I'm not a fanatic on cleaning my scooter/motorcycle. I do wash them on occasion but not into the detailing process. But I do admire owners who take the time to keep theirs shining constantly. Some actually enjoy that as much as riding, kinda pride thing with these folks. I guess we are all in this two wheel adventure with different ideas but with a common focal point which is our scooters. My self I can really enjoy being in the garage and just tinkering with my rides or helping out a friend. The true enjoyment is seeing whats over the next hill. Ok, done rambling. Take care..Dick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches   Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simoniz Fix It Pen for Scratches
Page 1 of 1