Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ignition lock

Go down 
+5
Old Limey
Waspie
djteske
Winger61
spike
9 posters
AuthorMessage
spike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm

06 Silverwing, lock worked fine, put some graphite powder in the lock and no it doesn't turn. I had the fork locked also, took 5 minuets to unlock, then I couldn't turn the key to start the sw.

Think the lock is shot? Are they expensive?

Spike
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Spike,
Have a look in Silver Wing topics, 'ignition barrel - may have a problem'. There's about 3 pages of a thread started by Waspie - he had a similar problem, but there are a few suggestions to 'cure' the problem.
Back to top Go down
djteske
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
djteske

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Just bought a 2002 SilverWing with one key, which I promptly lost. No, I don't have the key tag with the key code. The manual may have it inside, but it is locked in the storage. The dealer looked up the VIN, but can't tell me the original dealer. So, unless someone has a better idea, I need to remove the ignition switch, and take it to the dealer.

Does anyone know what it takes to remove the ignition switch?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Spike you don't say if your a Uk/Europe or USA/Canadian rider.

Is your Wing a HISS fitted machine. If so then yes it will be expensive. Honda changed mine under warranty with similar symptoms.

djteske, have you thought about the introduction section at the top of the home page? Might be polite to have a quick visit!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Jeez, give the guy a break, he sounds like he's in a pretty desperate situation.

He just bought it, give him some time before he's a full time participant. I'm sure if someone helps him rather than giving him attitude it's far more likely that he'll become a contributing member.

Besides, if he's buying a scooter in November to ride in Wisconsin, he sounds pretty hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

DuggleBogey wrote:
Jeez, give the guy a break, he sounds like he's in a pretty desperate situation.

He just bought it, give him some time before he's a full time participant. I'm sure if someone helps him rather than giving him attitude it's far more likely that he'll become a contributing member.

Besides, if he's buying a scooter in November to ride in Wisconsin, he sounds pretty hardcore.

Thank you for your comments.

Just to keep you in the loop we have been communicating behind the forum to resolve his issue don't be so keen to criticise before knowing all the facts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

That's great, but I have been seeing a pattern.

I didn't read anything about requirements before asking for help at this forum, I just wanted to make sure I know all the rules.

Also thanks for keeping as much of the help as secret as possible so everyone doesn't find out that there is good information and help to be had around here. We definitely don't want good information cluttering up the interesting conversations around here. Keep those "behind the forum" conversations going.
Back to top Go down
djteske
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
djteske

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 pm

So, does anyone have a diagram of the ignition switch, or a detailed instruction on how to access it> I have a basic drawing that makes me think I should just hunt for screws and remove them. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Spike, I had a similar problem a while back. Came out one morning and the key went in okay but would not turn. I put the key slightly in and turned the barrel around on the lock. This worked for me and ignition has been okay ever since. Worth a try.
Back to top Go down
djteske
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
djteske

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

OK, I'm pretty new to this SW group. I see a lot of you are in the UK. Just wondering, what side are the handlebars on over there?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm

djteske wrote:
OK, I'm pretty new to this SW group. I see a lot of you are in the UK. Just wondering, what side are the handlebars on over there?

They are on the front end, bolted to the front forks so you can steer.

Apart from that I couldn't understand your question, I think you need to clarify it.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Ignition lock 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 pm

djteske wrote:
Topside------Except for Waspie. Smile
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Other then having a back seat pillion driver the handle bars are on the front. :lol!: rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm

djkesje. Every thing much the same except we have a 12volt outlet socket in the left hand pocket, and our headlight is dipped to the left as we ride on the other side of the road. Do you know it is advisable to take out the under seat light bulb to avoid a flat battery? it happened to me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Handlebars are for steering? So that's what they're for - bugger, I thought they were highway pegs so no wonder I keep wobbling.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ignition lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition lock   Ignition lock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignition lock
Page 1 of 1