Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings

Go down 
+2
tankyuong
DennisB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings Empty
PostSubject: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:46 am

Hi All,

Good news for all that has ever needed a low cost wheel chock. Harbor Freight has them for just $29.99 and that's a great deal for what this item does.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96349

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings 9634910

DennisB
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm

What are they for?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 pm

tankyuong,

The front wheel chock is primarily used during transport. The chock is bolted down on the bed of the trailer and the chock holds the bike from moving fore and aft. The bike must be further restrained with tie-down straps and such.

I'd guess the front wheel chock could be used in a garage as well to make certain that the bike always lands in the same location. that is a little too OCD for me.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi tankyuong

I'm glad you asked. There are some people that trailer their SilverWings on long trips. This device bolts to the floor of trailers and provides a very secure and safe mount and used with ty down straps

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:32 pm

The Harbor Freight price on their site is actually $39.99
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Hey guys I just installed the Harbor Freight wheel chock as part of my trailer rebuild. It works fantastic right out of the box! For a little extra insurance I placed a 3/4" block maybe (4"x6") in the chock floor before driving into the cradle. That gives a little more clearance between the chock and the bottom of the front fender. Without the extra lift there is about an inch or less or clearance between the two. Sorry if this make no sense to those who have not tried this chock. Has anyone trailered with this yet and what are the results. I will be doing a test tomorrow with mine and I'll let folk know how it went. (with pics)

They run it on special every now and then at $29.99, I paid $39.99 in the store.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi matthew,

If your interested in picking one up at a good price, keep checking back with them. When I posted this thread they where at the lower price. Be sure to print the ad and take it with you to get the sale price.

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 am

I bought the more expensive one from Harbor Frieght using a coupon from the back of a motorcycle magazine which gave a $10 discount. I think it was about $59 or so with the coupon. I just don't remember. After all its been more than a month. It has rubber feet and I put it in the back of my pick-up without bolting it down. I hauled my S.W from Jacksonville, FL using it, and it never moved. It has tie-down rings on it and I tied the bike to them and also to the tie-downs in the front of my truck bed using a "canyon dancer". I hauled it 545 miles home from there and it didn't budge. I also have a carrier that mounts on my trailer hitch receiver to haul my Reflex on. I had thought about buying this cheaper chock and bolting it to the carrier to have a little more holding my scooter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 am

Looks great...thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:32 am

Skydaddy 99 you said you bought the more expensive one and it worked great. The add says to be used on 15" to 22" wheels and ours are 14". Did you have to do any alterations because of the 14" wheel? Or did it fit?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:42 am

Looks like they have a few different wheel chocks on hand. This model is $59.99 and it looks like a good one.

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings 9784110Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings Clear

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings Clear
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am

zerangue wrote:
Skydaddy 99 you said you bought the more expensive one and it worked great. The add says to be used on 15" to 22" wheels and ours are 14". Did you have to do any alterations because of the 14" wheel? Or did it fit?

The 15" is the total diameter of the wheel with the tire. The 14" is the diameter of the rim part of the tire on our bikes. The chock is adjustable and for the Silver Wing, the adjustment bolt is about in the half way adjustment bolt hole. I have used it with the Reflex(13" wheel) by adjusting it one hole smaller and it could be used probably with wheels as small as 10 or 12 inches. I hope this makes sense. Its kind of hard to explain.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:48 am

DennisB wrote:
Looks like they have a few different wheel chocks on hand. This model is $59.99 and it looks like a good one.

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings 9784110Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings Clear

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings Clear
That is the chock I bought. The rear chock is adjustable and with the S.W. the adjustment is somewhere close to the 4th hole from the front. With the Reflex it is in the second or third hole from the front. The only thing I did different when I assembled it was with the two bolts that hold the front cross bar on was put the bolts in from the front instead of from the rear as shown in the picture, as the bolts stuck out pretty far to the front and would ding up the front of my pickup bed when installed as shown. That thing really works well and I am completely happy with it. When I drive my scooter up in this chock, I can shut it off and get off of it and it just stands there, and you really have to push hard to make it lean any at all.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:54 am

I might add, on the rear of a lot of motorcycle magazines, Harbor Freight has ads that have discount coupons. I had forgotten that I did pay 49.99 for the chock with a coupon from one of their ads. You can't use the coupons on sale items though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks for the explination, and yes I fully understand what you have explained. I'm around 125 miles from you in Leonville louisiana. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 pm

zerangue wrote:
Thanks for the explination, and yes I fully understand what you have explained. I'm around 125 miles from you in Leonville louisiana. Thanks!

I know where that is; between Opelousas and Grand Coteau. I meant to say the front chock is adjustable not the rear one as stated in my previous post. I looked at mine earlier this morning and the correct hole for the S.W. is the 4th hole back. The Reflex takes the fifth hole back. Sorry for the error.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings   Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harbor Freight Wheel Chock that works with SilverWings
Page 1 of 1