Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arquesf
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it Empty
PostSubject: Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it   Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 am

Hello everybody. I'm thinking to change final drive oil, and I've reading people who uses Honda specific oil (at the manual in Europe 10W40, same as at the engine) and other people who uses specific oil transmission 80W90 or similar. I think all 2 options are right cause our final drive conditions are not like a gearbox car or normal bike, but I´m not sure and would be more information. Can anybody write me wich oil use and milles with it?.
Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it   Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 am

The documents attached are taken from the owners/maintenance manual for our 2005 models.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
arquesf
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it   Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks Dale.
In a European manual 2006 only says engine oil 10W40 SE,SF,SG. Any different oil experience?.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it   Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmisssion oil and milles/km with it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: