Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Years Day I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Years Day

Go down 
+2
Skippy
midlifecrisis (Paul)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 am

Happy New Year all !

Managed a couple of hours out this morning, a lot colder than yesterday Shocked

Need to get out the old full face helmet to see if it is the Caberg Flip or the shied that is making all the noise Sad

Now have to clean the bike Sad
Back to top Go down

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:32 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR so wheres the dry roads i need to get out.5 weeks of snow an ice is driving me crazy. chickendance
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:44 am

phantom wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR so wheres the dry roads i need to get out.5 weeks of snow an ice is driving me crazy. chickendance

The roads weren't dry but snow and frost free here in the North of England
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Same here today, the pillion gal says suggests a ride and I don't need a second bidding. It was overcast but dryish - two hours later raining, but at least its clearing all that crappy salt and pig pee off the roads!!

I've got a Caberg flip lid, had one for years - they are 'flippin' noisy - scuse the pun - at the best of times, even more so on a SWing, due to the Screen. It bothers me little, I'm 60% deaf anyway, but having a flip lid is great - esp when you want to harang blind car drivers at traffic lights or junctions..... they really get the message Smile
Back to top Go down
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-21

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:07 pm

went over to preston myself today, not on my s/wing , but on my old MZ, it was icy over the tops of belmont, but I had my thermals on. If the weather is ok in the morning, Ill be out on the s/wing. (not back at work till tues).MLC, ive a givi screen on my s/wing, if you fancy a ride/meet, you can check it out, (might be less noisy than stock screen).
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Pat and I did about 10 miles new years morning. Rode out to breakfast. Was fairly decent out and in the mid to upper 40s when we left. 50f when we returned. Would like to have gone on a nice ride but had other obligations. Dick
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Did about 30 miles yesterday just running errands- 76 degrees and sunny. Got in about 20 miles today- didn't want to miss football! 74 degrees and partly cloudy! cheers
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 am

marco wrote:
MLC, ive a givi screen on my s/wing, if you fancy a ride/meet, you can check it out, (might be less noisy than stock screen).
Heh Marco, sounds like a plan, not sure which side on Manchester you live, I don't fancy the M62 so we would need to pick a suitable rendezvous and a nice sunny day
Smile PM me with your ideas
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:00 am

As I have been working right over the festive period I have been out and about on my usual 50 mile commute every day.

It has been nice to have the roads to myself, especially as the time s I am on the roads are quite anti-social for most good folk.

I have a new Caburg Konda, (flip front), lid and I have decided it will be a summer helmet. It is drafty and creaks!!!!! I reckon the air sneaking in will be more beneficial in the warmer months and the integral sun visor will be actually used.

Best wishes for the year to come. My turn after Wednesday for some down time. chickendance
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 am

Waspie wrote:
As I have been working right over the festive period I have been out and about on my usual 50 mile commute every day.

It has been nice to have the roads to myself, especially as the time s I am on the roads are quite anti-social for most good folk.

I have a new Caburg Konda, (flip front), lid and I have decided it will be a summer helmet. It is drafty and creaks!!!!! I reckon the air sneaking in will be more beneficial in the warmer months and the integral sun visor will be actually used.

Best wishes for the year to come. My turn after Wednesday for some down time. chickendance

Heh Doug

My hat goes off to all that have to work over the Xmas period irrespective on the type of job they do.

Lets hope that the weather is kind to you after Wednesday so your R&R is made the most of.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 am

midlifecrisis wrote:
Waspie wrote:

Heh Doug

My hat goes off to all that have to work over the Xmas period irrespective on the type of job they do.

Lets hope that the weather is kind to you after Wednesday so your R&R is made the most of.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I think it will. SWMBO has already told me not to make arrangements. (That probably means shopping). Oh Joy!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

New Years Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day   New Years Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Years Day
Page 1 of 1