Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
riding boots I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

riding boots

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
Scooterian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:20 am

During the summer I often commute to work. I was wondering if anyone owns or knows of a pair of riding boots I could potentially wear all day at the office. Most riding boots I've seen look like something Frankenstein would wear.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:26 am

Scooterian,

My wife and I each ride with Tourmaster Solution WP Road Boots. For the office the Response SC Road Boot is a real good answer. They are a little lower than the Solution so do not provide the shin protection, but do protect the ankle. The link is to Tourmasters page, check NewEnough or other on-line retailers for pricing then check with your local shops to see if they will match on-line prices and support the local shop if you can. http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=83&cat=7
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Check http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ for some pretty good deals.

They have a nice boot "Matrix" made by Vega, for about $70.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/66/ITEM/Vega-Matrix-Boots.aspx

Still like the Tourmaster better, but this is a decent alternative.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:20 pm

With all that room?, just throw your favorite office shoes onboard and swap footwear at the office.
Back to top Go down
SturgisMama
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
SturgisMama

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-23

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Try hiking boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Scooterian wrote:
During the summer I often commute to work. I was wondering if anyone owns or knows of a pair of riding boots I could potentially wear all day at the office. Most riding boots I've seen look like something Frankenstein would wear.

I went round & round on the boot thing myself. In the end, after trying many motorcycle-specific boots, I have found that hi-top hiking boots/shoes are just great. 6" or higher will give you ankle protection. The treads on them are made for gravel & other low traction situations. Plus they're very light.

My sources include Quartermasters (made for law enforcement -- people who need light, comfortable boots that they can wear all day), Sierra Trading Post, & Cabela's. LL Bean & Lands End are good, too.

The motorcycle-specific boots others have recommended are quite nice, too. Just giving you some other ideas.

Wendy
SturgisMama
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Another option is to wear hiking boots when its warm, and simply add hiking style gaitors when it gets a bit colder. You do however need boots with laces for this to work well. You can also use some ankle length motorcycle boots, the ones with with leather straps that are favoured by some die hard Harley riders. They are good because you can use hiking style gaitors to attach to these, as they hook onto the strap at the front.
Back to top Go down

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Good suggestions. My boots are heavy but well made. I think I will look for another pair with higher soles so I can get a bit more height to be flat footed. I generally carry a pair of tennis shoes so I can walk once I get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Like Bernardo said, I wear hiking boots all the time. Since I have to go out to the field sometimes it is nice to wear hiking boots. They are also very comfortable too when riding. They even have them that look professional, but I don't really need those.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 am

JeffR wrote:
Like Bernardo said, I wear hiking boots all the time. Since I have to go out to the field sometimes it is nice to wear hiking boots. They are also very comfortable too when riding. They even have them that look professional, but I don't really need those.

That's because really you do look like your hero, which of course happens to be your Avatar! Come on, don't be shy, admit it Laughing :lol!:

ON the subject of ankle length boots, Don't make the mistake I did, and think that you can jump from a scoot to a bike wearing just hiking boots, unless the weather is warm, like as in summer.... Spring is still too cold for anything other than short rides..... Even with a half decent fairing, you soon notice just how well protected your feet were on the scoot, but not on the bike!!! Under those circumstances the hiking gaitors, knee length ones are advised.....!

Also I forgot to mention that you can also get motorbike gaitors that are designed to fit over you leather bike boot, and thus making it water proof, and a lot warmer.... But you can use these over any boot of course....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

riding boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: riding boots   riding boots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

riding boots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: