Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How old are you?

Go down 
+40
Loosemarbles
cornishtrailsloth
efinglada
dkazzed
ronslaverda
GHM-PM
DanB
chief253
lesley & John
Old Limey
dspevack
john123
Opalsboy
GaryL
hot shoe
exavid
edbancro
ronjr009
Hammy
DennisB
KINN
crahar
papa johns
billc.
bigbird
honda_silver
Cornishman
MikeO
tankyuong
Waspie
Atlanticfun
DaveR
Bernardo
cruiser
scooterbob
DickO
The Scootist
skiwoods
JeffR
joncallihan
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How old are you?
Under 30
How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
31-40
How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 12 ]
41-50
How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 31 ]
51-60
How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 65 ]
61-70
How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 52 ]
71 or older
How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%How old are you? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 183

AuthorMessage

How old are you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Most of the SW owners I have met are old codgers like me (I'm 65) who have ridden for many years but find it less comfortable than it used to be to mount and shift on a motorcycle, and chose a scooter as a better way to ride. I wonder how many younger riders of the SW are out there or if the SW is really an old guys bike.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Now I know I am going to visit Arizona. God bless you Mr. Shoes. I envy you. When I make my pilgrimage to your state, I want to meet and hug you. Maybe some of that youth will rub off on me. I will be 66 on the 8th of this month. I feel like 100 now, not gonna make it to 86. Too hot anyway. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
hot shoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hot shoe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Now I know I am going to visit Arizona. God bless you Mr. Shoes. I envy you. When I make my pilgrimage to your state, I want to meet and hug you. Maybe some of that youth will rub off on me. I will be 66 on the 8th of this month. I feel like 100 now, not gonna make it to 86. Too hot anyway. Twisted Evil

You would probably love it here right now, coming from Arkansas. We're in the middle of our monsoon weather which comes up from Mexico. The temps are a little lower... about 109 down in Phx but the humidity is up in the 20's or higher and the old arthritic knees are killin' me, but we need the rain it brings to make our annual average of about seven inches How old are you? - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Humidity UP in the 20s? you must really be suffering. Relative Humidity in Little Rock reported to be 40%... it seems like 80% here in Rison.
I found the weather advisory below. There was a list of activities to avoid during this advisory... they all involved things that would require me to go outside of my living room, so I am going to play it safe until October.

until 7 pm CDT, Thu., Aug. 5, 2010

Updated 5 Aug 2010 12:05 pm Local Time

Heat's Effects on Health
Are You at Risk for Heat-Related Illness?
Prepare for Extreme Heat
Issued by The National Weather Service
Little Rock, AR
10:24 am CDT, Thu., Aug. 5, 2010

... EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING... ... HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM CDT FRIDAY...

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING. A HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM CDT FRIDAY.

* TEMPERATURE... HIGH TEMPERATURES THIS AFTERNOON WILL RANGE FROM 99 TO 103. THESE HOT TEMPERATURES... COMBINED WITH HIGH AFTERNOON RELATIVE HUMIDITY VALUES... WILL PRODUCE HEAT INDEX READINGS FROM 105 TO 115 DEGREES.

* IMPACTS... EXCESSIVE HEAT AND HUMIDITY CAN BRING ON HEAT RELATED ILLNESSES QUICKLY. INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE EXTRA CAUTION WHEN OUTDOORS AND BE PREPARED FOR THE DANGERS POSED BY EXCESSIVE HEAT. AVOID DOING WORK OUTSIDE DURING THE HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY... GENERALLY MID TO LATE AFTERNOON. IF YOU MUST BE OUTSIDE... TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS... DRINK PLENTY OF WATER... AND WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LIGHT COLORED CLOTHING. BE SURE PETS HAVE FRESH WATER... AND CHECK ON THOSE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO HEAT RELATED ILLNESSES ESPECIALLY GARY GOOLSBY IN RISON. SEND HIM SUGAR FREE KOOL-AID AND SWEET POTATO PIE.

I added to the last couple of lines, they got left off of the original advisory.

Last edited by Opalsboy on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added actual Relative Humidity)
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Beaumont, Texas

Statement as of 2:37 PM CDT on August 05, 2010

... Heat advisory remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening...

A heat advisory remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening.

Afternoon temperatures will be in the mid to upper 90s.
Meanwhile... the dew points will be in the mid 70s. This will
produce heat index values... or the apparent temperature... between
105 and 110.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A heat advisory means that heat index values of 108 degrees or
higher are expected. Excessive heat and humidity can bring on
heat related illnesses quickly. Use extra caution when outdoors
and be prepared for the dangers posed by excessive heat.

Yep, it's a little warm to be out today.
Gary the KOOL-AID and PIE are in the mail hope they don't spill it, my pitcher does not have a lid, and the mail lady was eye-in that pie awful close. That and I had a lot of trouble making the stamps stick to it. Please send the wife's pie plate back I included return postage. If she can't find it when she's ready I'll wind up with a rolling pin up side the noggin.
Craig
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:49 pm

How old are you? - Page 2 Icon_flower I guess the only REAL reason to live next to the Rocky Mountains is that the heat index is typically -10 or so. Also, the typical max temp this time of year is in the late 80's. How old are you? - Page 2 Icon_flower How old are you? - Page 2 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh Jon.... I can remember lots of reasons to live there. Heat index is just another one... you are blessed to be growing older there.
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:01 am

I am only 63 and this week going on a ride with the Santa Barbara riders. Should be interesting, because there are gusty winds and we are going up to the mountains for a 180 miler
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:11 am

I'm only as old as the girl I'm interested in.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:10 am

asked i always say the same thing ,every time I'm on 2 wheels i feel 16
again, everytime', rain ,snow sun all the same to me as long as i can ride:lol:
Back to top Go down
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: » How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:20 pm

im 40 been riding since 16 my wife 42 who now rides a yp250 majesty.we have had around 80 bikes so far which has been amazing and i buy more if the goverment didnt screw us so hard.
Back to top Go down
chief253
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 8:28 pm

I just turned 65 and am getting stronger every day. Became a vegetarian this year and work out in the gym every day. I've lost 33 pounds and feel great.

Got back into riding in 2007 and bought my first Maxiscooter, a Burgman 650 and 4 scooters later, here I am.

Last edited by DanB on Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 8:37 am

62 and will hit 63 in September! Been riding since 1969 but scooters only since 2006 or so.
Back to top Go down
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-10-31

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi
I am 74 and got rid of my BMW K1200LT as it had become to heavy as I have got a bit of arthritis in my hands.
It also got expensive as the braking system started to play up and I had to ride about 30 miles with practically no brakes.
Anyway I had gone to get the Bm its annual MOT and I saw a 2009 SW with about 1200miles on the clock,had a test drive and part exchanged the BM for the Honda, best thing I ever did.
I reckon that its extended my ride life by years (if I am lucky).
My wife was not best pleased as she cant understand why I want to keep riding on 2 wheels as we have a perfectly good car and she thinks I am to old to ride anyway.
This makes it a bit stressful if I want to go for a ride on the swing, she wont come on the pillion on principle.
Anyway that's my two penny worth.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:56 pm

I just corrupted two of my older friends (83 & 89) to give a Silverwing a try. I also found two nice SWs on Craigslist for them. Neither one of them was sure they wanted to give up their Goldwings like I did for a scooter but a couple of test rides on mine sold them. They've both put a few hundred miles on their SWs now and are planning on selling the big bikes. I didn't quite go all the way yet because I still like riding my K1100 on shorter rides but I'm still mainlining on a scooter. I don't have a SW now since buying the BMW C650GT scooter but it was a SW that got me started. Anyway I seem to have created a monster, the three of us are known by our GW friends as the 'miled ones'
Back to top Go down
dkazzed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2020-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 am

Just got a SWing as a 37th birthday gift to myself.
Back to top Go down
efinglada
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2020-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 9:56 am

I am 65 and in February I bought a 08 SW600 to complement a 83 BMW R100 I ride since 87
But due to it's age, it does not comply with current environmental regulations in Madrid and I cannot drive it everywhere
So I decided to try and after reading here (mostly) and there, came to the conclusion that the SW was the right choice. I also looked at the Burgman 650 but the cvt issue ruled it out
I felt a bit unstable at first without the gas tank between the legs, but I am very happy with it now smooth and comfortable ride
Back to top Go down
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2016-10-24

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 9:45 am

The Scootist wrote:
I usually drink my single malt with a fine cigar, but single malt with chocolate?  hmmm I may have to try that...

mines a Jamesons with bournville dark choc, ta
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 am

Body 58. Mind 23.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
Body 58. Mind 23.

Me; Body 71. Mind 25, or, according to SWMBO, 10. (On a good day!)
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2020-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 4:05 pm

On the bike: 20
Off the bike: 110
Average: 65
Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Way more than I'd thought I'd make it to 38, err ah ah those look like the right numbers Razz
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1983
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Well I'll be 74 in July. Some days I feel like 104 and other days I feel like 73. Although my brain still thinks I'm in my twenties.
I made a pretty lady's day a couple of days ago at the grocery store. She looked like she was in her early 30's and very pretty. I said, "I'll just bet you have a hard time with guys and this social distancing thing don't you?" She got it and smiled a very pretty smile. I think it made both of our days. Hers for the compliment and mine for not getting the crap slapped out of me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How old are you?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: Polls Section-
Jump to: