Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Snow birding this year

Go down 
+16
wayneliz
Bobben
pippobis2
roadrunner
Texas Viper
KurtPerthWA
joncallihan
jdeereanton
honda_silver
john grinsel
"Hi Yo"
masscoot
bigbird
Waspie
DennisB
compguy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-11

Snow birding this year Empty
PostSubject: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:37 pm

The wife and I have decided after much thought to move down to Lakeland, Florida for the winter. We will be staying with my in-laws there until next spring. I’m taking my Silver wing (on my trailer) and look forward to riding through the entire winter. From what I understand even in January the normal high temps stay in the mid 70’s. I know this morning that here in Iowa it was 10F and when we called the in-laws it was 84F at the same time. I’m looking forward to doing a LOT of exploring and one of my goals is to ride the Keys. If all goes well we intend to depart Iowa on December 13th or there about.

Thought I’d keep everyone posted on my progress this winter if you’d like. I will also be taking a lot of pictures to post.

If anyone on this website lives near there I’d be grateful for a riding partner that knows the area.

Keith
Iowa – soon to be in Florida
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:36 pm

OK Keith,

I'm sure that every Silverwing rider on this forum would like to go with you on this ride to the key's. I know that I sure would like to go. That sounds like a bunch of fun to me....Any time of the year. I've looked at the marker on tip Key west, many times on Google earth.

Have a great trip and besure to take some pictures. sunny
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:24 pm

DennisB wrote:
OK Keith,

I'm sure that every Silverwing rider on this forum would like to go with you on this ride to the key's. I know that I sure would like to go. That sounds like a bunch of fun to me....Any time of the year. I've looked at the marker on tip Key west, many times on Google earth.

Have a great trip and besure to take some pictures. sunny

Dennis you took the words right from my mouth.

I spent seven weeks in Florida way back and my one regret was not driving down the keys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 pm

I am ridiculously jealous.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 pm

That's great news Keith! The silverwing will do exceptional on a trip to the keys. We were just there this past summer, it was beautiful! You will be glad to know that there were a lot of road improvemnts, but they keep traffic moving quite well. Stay warm!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Snow birding this year 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 am

Just look out for the speed bumps with the wiggly tails. Sounds like a great adventure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:25 am

Good for you ,I will be doing a month of that my self this winter .But I will be in Texas .

Last edited by Excell on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: FL   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Why not ride down? One day straight south to get out of the nasty weather. More fun than trailer. Your wife can drive car....if you need it.

I know somebody will say my reply is nasty----but riding is what this thing is all about....at least to me.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:21 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Why not ride down? One day straight south to get out of the nasty weather. More fun than trailer. Your wife can drive car....if you need it.

John, you are making a huge assumption, that his wife would be willing to drive alone in the car all the way to Florida ... my wife would not be willing.

john grinsel wrote:
I know somebody will say my reply is nasty----but riding is what this thing is all about....at least to me.

Not nasty just insensitive ... if someone does trailer a motorcycle/scooter you berate them for their decision.

Riding is not my top priority (even though I do a lot of miles):

1) God
2) Family
3) Job
4) Riding
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 pm

honda_silver wrote:

Riding is not my top priority (even though I do a lot of miles):

1) God
2) Family
3) Job
4) Riding

We could turn this into a very interesting topic unto itself. affraid
For me it's family, riding, job, god
How about a poll?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:30 am

It could be -30 when I leave ,I will stick with the trailer . But I love your input John .
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:41 am

john grinsel wrote:
----but riding is what this thing is all about....at least to me.

John Grinsel

yes sir, got it, oh yeah, okay, 10-4, okey dokey, word, check, true dat, roger, affirmative, yup, point taken, I'm hearin' ya, thumbs up, all the way dude, si. Hope that's not too repetitive.

Trailer your bike if you find it is the best thing for you to do. Enjoy the trip.

Or, even though you would not feel comfortable and may be exposing yourself to unnecessary risk because you would be riding outside of your comfort zone - ride the damn thing. Who cares if it may be unsafe because you are improperly clothed or bundled to the point of immobility. It's about riding - you jackweed! -- We now return to the rational world.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:42 am

jdeereanton wrote:
john grinsel wrote:
----but riding is what this thing is all about....at least to me.

John Grinsel

yes sir, got it, oh yeah, okay, 10-4, okey dokey, word, check, true dat, roger, affirmative, yup, point taken, I'm hearin' ya, thumbs up, all the way dude, si. Hope that's not too repetitive.

I forgot about your dream of returning to the UP so am amending the above with - Ya sure you betcha! And since you also dream of returning to Germany - Jawohl und Ja!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:23 am

Ignore Grins...he has a pathological hatred of trailers.

When he goes on trips he rides around looking for bike trailers so he can judge people. This is not an exaggeration, he literally does this.

Don't let him and people like him succeed in stigmatizing trailers. If you want to go somewhere you will need your other vehicle and your bike, trailer it. If you're going somewhere you want to ride that's farther than you feel comfortable riding, trailer it. If you're driving through some weather or some territory you don't feel like riding through, trailer it.

If while on your way you see guys like JG riding without their underwear and freezing their bare butts off, feel free to give them the middle finger as you go by.

P.S. I'm in Florida as I write this, but not as far south as Lakeland but it's perfect riding weather, 70s and 80s every day.

I'll post pictures later but my bathroom inspections are going well, very filthy. Yet there hasn't been one driver in the entire state with a cell phone, can you believe it?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:56 am

Question on winter trailering from the cold north.
Will you guys cover the scooter on the trailer or leave it open to the elements?
The reason I ask is that in the US they use horrendous amounts of salt to melt any ice and snow on the interstates. I have seen dark colored cars look absolutely white from the brine drying on them. I sure wouldn't want that crap all over my scooter.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:50 am

If you cover the scooter, insure that it is an inflexible cover, such as an enclosed trailer. If you simply use a tarp or bike cover the damage to the bike will be MUCH greater than the road salt (which will wash off easily at trips end).

This advise is based on several years of hauling an observed trials bike all year around, week in week out.

:flower: :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm

bigbird wrote:
Question on winter trailering from the cold north.
Will you guys cover the scooter on the trailer or leave it open to the elements?
The reason I ask is that in the US they use horrendous amounts of salt to melt any ice and snow on the interstates. I have seen dark colored cars look absolutely white from the brine drying on them. I sure wouldn't want that crap all over my scooter.
It will be open to the elements on the way there and back .It will get a bath when I get there . This will be my second trip the last time my car was still clean when I got there . There was no snow south of Omaha .
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:56 pm

joncallihan wrote:
If you cover the scooter, insure that it is an inflexible cover, such as an enclosed trailer. If you simply use a tarp or bike cover the damage to the bike will be MUCH greater than the road salt (which will wash off easily at trips end).

This advise is based on several years of hauling an observed trials bike all year around, week in week out.

Thank you, I didn't think of that and was planning to cover the bike with a tarp. Makes sense to just strap it down and if I run into salt or whatever just stop off at a car wash.

Keith
Iowa
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:03 pm

john grinsel wrote:

John Grinsel
Actually your idea at least for me would have been great if not for 2 factors.

1. The wife don't want to drive 1500 miles in the car by herself.
2. Here in Iowa we have wind chills of -20 at this time of the year not to include the wind from the scooter travel which would bring it down to around -60. How does one dress for this?

Now had the wife and I had this idea planned out in October when we still had high temps in the 40's and 50's I would have ridden the scooter and stopped more stops to let the wife rest up.

Keith
Iowa
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:51 pm

joncallihan wrote:

Thank you. That fully answers my question.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 am

EEEERRRRR

Snow birding this year Perth_10

MMMMMM summer at last
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm looking out my living room window watching the first blizzard for the year. Knowing that this Monday I'll be driving down south is refeshing.

Anyone along the way seeing a blue 2010 Honda CRV hauling a 2010 Swing on a trailer that will be me.

Catch back up to you guys from Fl.

Keith
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 am

I was watching the weather tonight and wondering when you were heading south! Have a safe trip.
Back to top Go down
Texas Viper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:14 pm

OK, news from the new 'locals' here. We live in Tampa and are out almost every weekend - - last weekend was down to the everglades. We've been to Key West now several times and welcome another rider - - but why are you alone? My wife rides the SW and I ride a Sacarbeo GT - - three to four day trips are always a possibility. Email us and we'll get back to you.

tj
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Texas Viper wrote:
OK, news from the new 'locals' here. We live in Tampa and are out almost every weekend - - last weekend was down to the everglades. We've been to Key West now several times and welcome another rider - - but why are you alone? My wife rides the SW and I ride a Sacarbeo GT - - three to four day trips are always a possibility. Email us and we'll get back to you.

tj

I tried to find your email address but can't. You can email me at: compguy@iowatelecom.net

Looking forward to meeting you.
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Just a few pics for Christmas:

Snow birding this year Beachonchristmas009

Snow birding this year Beachonchristmas004

Snow birding this year Gatorpark002

Snow birding this year Beachonchristmas007

Merry Christmas everyone.

Keith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:26 pm

blimey i really envy you sitting in my room with 6inches of snow outside.plus haven't ridden my wing for 4 weeks now. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:07 am

Just bought my first Silverwing. I'm a Concierge and live in Key West, FL.
Come on down the weather is great! If you drop me a line before you get here I'll set you up with freebees and discounts on all the great stuff to do in Key West or I'll be happy to help you anyway I can. papamatt@gmail.com

Safe Travels,

Papa Matt
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:23 am

I'm in north Florida and I'd like to say it looks like the pics compguy posted a few days ago, but it's 37F, overcast, and snowing. Just little flurries that won't stick, but d*** -- this is Florida.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm in Jacksonville FL for Xmas vacation and there are flurries....

But yesterday was T-shirt weather...gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Holly Smokes PaPa Mat,

There are a bunch of us that would just love to ride to Key West and take in the sights, food, and warm weather of Key's. Hopefully soon... I sure would like to make that trip after I find a job and get some money and vaction time.

Thank You for offering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:39 pm

I quit my job before I came to Key West. Lots to do down here. If I can help any fellow SW riders and friends it will be my pleasure. Just give me a call or drop me an email. 305-849-1054 papamatt@gmail.com

Try to keep warm til you get here...
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:15 pm

papa matt wrote:
I quit my job before I came to Key West. Lots to do down here. If I can help any fellow SW riders and friends it will be my pleasure. Just give me a call or drop me an email. 305-849-1054 papamatt@gmail.com

Try to keep warm til you get here...

I'll come. Just right after the 1st of Jan.

Keith
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:48 am

with the Silver Wing in Florida? Extraordinary!!! Make many pictures.
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:34 pm

It was really warm today. sunny

Snow birding this year NewYearsEve2010014

Snow birding this year NewYearsEve2010012

There are some bad things about living in the warm weather.
Snow birding this year NewYearsEve2010004
Back to top Go down
Bobben
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Tresspassers will be eaten ??

Bob
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm

compguy wrote:
one of my goals is to ride the Keys.

When is the tentative date for the ride to the Keys (and pictures) santa
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:51 am

When is the tentative date for the ride to the Keys (and pictures)

I had a contact made in Key West for a scooter rider to give me a tour, but for some reason I'd lost contact with him and I will wait to see if I hear from him. But if not then I'll plan a trip solo.

Keith

Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:14 am

Snow birding this year Jan3_10001

Snow birding this year Jan3_10002

Snow birding this year Jan3_10003

Yesterday I found this State Park. Looks like if you don't have a horse(s) then there isn't much to do. It cost $4 to even get in, even though the other state parks would let me in on my word that all I did was take pics and check things out. The Harley was owned by a vet like myself and we were the only two vehicles in the parking lot. I never found the owner of this bike he/she must have gone walking on a trail.

Keith
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Keith- if you come to the east coast of Florida, let us know. We live in Palm Bay and would welcome a visit and a ride.

You cam pm me for contact info.
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Icecream anyone?
Snow birding this year ClearwaterBeach001

Snow birding this year ClearwaterBeach004

No not snow, white sand.

Snow birding this year ClearwaterBeach005

Keith
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Are the toilets clean down in Florida?
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:28 pm

bigbird wrote:

Mostly, however in the more populated areas of course it's hard to find a clean restroom. So far the State Parks have had clean toilets.

Keith
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm

compguy wrote:
bigbird wrote:

Mostly, however in the more populated areas of course it's hard to find a clean restroom. So far the State Parks have had clean toilets.
Keith

We should forward this critical bit of info to John Grinsel :lol!:
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 am

Ok this is a question I have for any of the locals here in Fl. Who no fly's or Mosquitos here? I've been in many places in this world but one thing always stayed the same and that was those two insects. There is plenty of standing water but I don't see any Mosquitos. Why?

In Iowa if I leave a bucket outside durning a rain and forget to dump it for a couple of days it will be full of Mosquitos.

I realized this one day when my father-in-law opened the front door wide open and just left it there. Try that in any place else and you'd have a house full of insects in no time, here he left it open for better than an hour with nothing. Question
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 am

To everything there is a season -
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:19 am

Keith, those are some awesome pictures. Something is missing though... when I watch CSI Miami... the beaches are covered with babes in bikinis. Don't tell me that those tv shows are based on reality.

I can't explain the absence of mosquitoes, but I suspect that all the flys have migrated to the Tennessee restrooms.

I am being silly, great country we live in. Florida IS special. And I love visiting the great state of Tennessee.
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Keith, those are some awesome pictures. Something is missing though... when I watch CSI Miami... the beaches are covered with babes in bikinis. Don't tell me that those tv shows are based on reality.

I can't explain the absence of mosquitoes, but I suspect that all the flys have migrated to the Tennessee restrooms.

I am being silly, great country we live in. Florida IS special. And I love visiting the great state of Tennessee.

I've been keeping my eyes open for the babes in bikinis, so far though I think it's been a bit cool for them. It's been getting down in the 30-50's at night but still averages around 70 or better during the day. It's my understanding that the month of Feb the average high will be around 80 so I think they'll be out in force then.

Keith
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:49 pm

compguy wrote:
Ok this is a question I have for any of the locals here in Fl. Who no fly's or Mosquitos here?

Down in they keys we ran a bug that was so small it could fit through the screen and bite you ... they would call them "no see ums" because they were so small. The only thing that would stop them was a very very fine screen.

Around where I live in Texas there are hardly ever any mosquitoes due to the bat population ... which do a great job.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 pm

That's the only advantage I can see to this record-cold weather we've been having in FL -- the skeeters aren't around. But trust me; once it warms up and we have a few showers, they'll be back. Big enough to feel them land before they bite.

19 degrees yesterday morning and 62 this afternoon. It's no wonder everyone gets sick. But it sure was nice riding weather today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow birding this year   Snow birding this year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow birding this year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next