Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Used SWing...questions

Go down 
+3
pancho
dspevack
Jinglebob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Used SWing...questions Empty
PostSubject: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Greetings, all. Haven't posted in a long time, but back again.

The good news is that I am retiring shortly (end of December) and will be able to get another bike then. It will be replacing a Vulcan and will be my only bike, so it has to do it all...and I ain't small (5'11', 275).

Local dealer has a 2002 SWing with 22K on the clock...priced around $3200. Looks to be in good condition and well-maintained.

I know that was about the first year for the SWing. My recollection is that 22K is not bad on SWings if they have been properly maintained...

Is there anything in particular, other than the usual wear-and-tear checks, that I need to know about? Will be asking for a testride when I get serious...about January or so...if it's still there.

Thanks in advance for all responses...

Bob
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

There were a few factory parts recalls that the previous owner should have had taken care of. You can research which ones affected that model year and your dealer should be able to tell you which ones were taken care of and if any weren't.

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Shop around a little if you can, that price is just slightly high IMO.

http://www.scooterfinds.com/
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 pm

I've seen 2007's with 14000 for 4000, there is one in Austin,texas. As far as your size, I got you beat and there is plenty of power and carring cap. to go. Shop around,you have the time.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

pancho wrote:
I've seen 2007's with 14000 for 4000, there is one in Austin,texas.

Which is near me ... if anyone needs me to check something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Well, that price is actually about $200 below Kelly Blue Book Value, but the mileage is kind of high. 16680 is what they say a 2006 600cc should have. So 3200 sounds about right. Maybe a tad high, but not that much.

But you can probably get a better deal on a private sale. Note, I say probably.

As for 4000 for an 07, KBB blue book value is 5015, but 14000 miles is double what the mileage chart says so that's probably about right.

In any event, good luck.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Kelly and Edmunds aren't really very accurate when it comes to motorcycles and scooters. Right now the market is pretty soft too so most dealers or private sales ought to have a good bit of bargaining room. Especially now that we're going into winter. I'd say that 2002 with 22k on it should be more like $2500. I wouldn't worry about the mileage but it's a good bargaining point to work the price down. If the belt hasn't been replaced it's due. I'd try to work a price at or below $2500 and get a new belt in the deal. If the price isn't negotiable a new belt and tires would make it look better. Brakes aren't a big deal. Whenever I buy a used vehicle I expect to replace pads. It's a quick and easy job on the SW too. The difficulty about finding used SWs is that there really aren't a heck of a lot of them around. Maxi scooters really haven't been that popular in the US. I think the fact that they run in a similar price range to some motorcycles hurt their sales. Dealers know these bikes aren't all that easy to move especially as I said during this time of year unless you live in Florida or somewhere where winter isn't a factor. So you should be able to bargain well below the asking price. In the past I've given a dealer my card with a price written on it and told him, "call me when you get tired of this thing sitting on your floor, the offer stands only until I find another."
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 am

Jinglebob wrote:
Greetings, all. Haven't posted in a long time, but back again.

The good news is that I am retiring shortly (end of December)
Bob

Is that when you hand in the red uniform and sleigh reins? santa
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:35 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yep. I even have a white beard! Laughing

I'm trading in the reindeer on the SilverWing....not so much after action cleanup required...
Back to top Go down
Vintruvious
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 pm

I just picked up a 2002 for $2,300.00 with 11,700 miles. Mechanically in great shape, except the high pressure fuel valve went bad, but I bypassed it (just disconnected the vacum line) and it works fine till the new part get here at the end of the week.
Came with the Givi Mnokey Maxi trunk and Givi windscreen.
The previous owner dropped it on BOTH sides though so a lot of little scratches on the edges which they painted over. You really can't see the damage till its pointed out ad I can do body work in a heart beat, so no biggie.
$2,500 would still be a good deal if there was no body work damage and it ran well. These are Hondas so mileage really isn't an issue. Properly maintained you could probably get 200,000 out of it.
I have 68,000 miles on my 1994 CBRF2 and those are HARD racing miles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lvvjjr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Used SWing...questions   Used SWing...questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Used SWing...questions
Page 1 of 1