Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

squeal when I throttle??

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
spritwing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spritwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
spritwing

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-06

squeal when I throttle?? Empty
PostSubject: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:16 am

Wondering???

At 1st I thought it was only squealing when I turn, but I have now figured out that in squeals when I throttle?

Also the end cap on the left grip has slide out 1/2 in, can't be bumped in? (dealer is replaceing)

09 SWing with only about 2000 miles.

Any Idea's??
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am

Sorry 'bout this one Doug. It's just that I haven't used your post in reply to this common question yet.

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/advice-on-squeal-t884.htm#7255

Redwing09, I'm guessing you are asking about this?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 am

Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
spritwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
spritwing

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks Dale, checked those threads out, very helpfull.

If it doesn't work I'll have the dealer check it out Smile

Joni-Redwing o9
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 10:10 am

I've been getting a low frequency squeal on take off and when crawling in traffic etc. When it first started, some time ago, I put it down to clutch glazing and sure enough, each time I checked the pads they were blackened. This was probably due to my over greasing the inside of the driven assembly; however, during the last few checks I've removed much of the grease and for a while all was fine.

Now that the noise is back again I'm beginning to think that grease from the needle bearing is seeping into the drum and hence the pads when it all heats up in there. This has led me to wonder about the seal in the needle bearing.

Am I right in thinking that the grease seal in that needle bearing is designed to prevent anything getting into the drum area?:

squeal when I throttle?? Needle10

I'm planning on giving my driven assembly an overhaul anyway and so I'm hoping a new needle bearing will stop this annoying squealing. I can't think of anything else which would be contaminating my clutch pads which I am convinced is the source of the problem.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 7:58 am

Based on experience with 2 new SilverWings and near 100,000 miles with them----first one had often belt squeal, rather than take things apart and monkey, I simply ran engine up against brakes and squeal would go away for as long as a month----nothing ever broke. Second new on never had any squealing, so I just rode it. Both bikes at belts changed with new OEM belts at 15,000 intervals.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 3:42 pm

What type of grease ??, It needs to be very high temperature and do not mix types, it usually causes grease to liquify and it will leak past seals, etc. if you can find a cvt specific grease better, the bearing and seals are very robust, they usually fail due to neglect. Seems like we had part of this discussion before 🤔
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 3:43 pm

I'll link some other post when I have a chance 😎
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2022 10:49 am

Mmmmm.....mixing different greases, good point. It seems like an overhaul and a thorough clean should fix this, rebuilding with the proper grease of course. Furthermore, my bearings will also be contaminated with mixed greases so I guess I'll have to change those along with the seals and 'O' rings. The grease which our Italian friend uses on his You Tube video looks more like a grey paste.

I know we've covered some of this before but I tried to stay with an existing topic, i.e. the squealing noise. Any forum links would be useful.
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 5:31 pm

Before we slide the clutch into the clutch outer it is almost painful to not grease the shaft but if we do grease it then that aforementioned seal in the needle bearing will wipe almost all of the grease off the shaft and guess where it ends up. Just pack the needle bearing really well and that will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 9:35 am

I've mentioned in previous topics about my obsession with greasing the shaft along with the inside of the driven assembly, hence grease on the clutch pads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: squeal when I throttle??   squeal when I throttle?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

squeal when I throttle??
Page 1 of 1