Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New Honda... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Honda...

Go down 
+7
honda_silver
Waspie
GaryL
pja
Sweendog
The Scootist
thomphoto
11 posters
AuthorMessage

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Motorcycle-USA has an article announcing a new Honda model just prior to the Milan
show. Is it a bike; a scoot; or a crossover? What ever it is, it gets the new DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) that is also available on the new VFR1200.
Here's the link: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/624/8334/Motorcycle-Article/The-Honda-New-Mid-Concept-is….aspx

You may need to copy and paste into your browser.

Take care,
Wes
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:42 pm

That thing's ugly.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Hmmm. If they come out with either of those bikes with an 800cc or a 1200cc, then I may need to add one (or both) to my garage...

Last edited by The Scootist on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Don't know about ugly. It's certainly different. And not my cup of tea, although it might appeal to some. Looks like the only thing going for it, if they actually put it on the production model, is they seem to tout a dual transmission. You can either have it auto or manual and switch between the two. That and the built-in scooter style floorboards. Think I"ll stick with getting a s'wing.
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I'd ride it!
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: A New SilverWing 2   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:07 pm

I posted on this topic a few days ago. Once again, quoting from Scooter-Station.com, this is Honda's announcement of a new maxi concept. The following text is translated from the original French by Google.

"This is probably the next response to the T Honda Max! With his style mixing sport and comfort, this prototype Mid New Concept promises to introduce in maxiscooters nice innovations, starting with its dual-clutch transmission and a DCT type chassis type motorcycle. The question is when the final model arrives.

Alongside its new SW-600 on the T segment GT Max performance, luxurious and comfortable, Milan is also an opportunity for Honda to introduce proactively another highly anticipated scooter. In its current form, Mid New Concept is not yet ready to enter the range, however, from what we said Honda France, it could be produced in the future (very) near. We hope so, because we must admit that coming face to New Mid Concept is a delightful experience to say the least. Its original front is not without reminding us that the motorcycle VFR 1200 F The optics are similar, such as side vents present on the flanks. Behind this large bow that can be imagined protector, a strong double central beam emerges. Luxury liner in the saddle we appear comfortable, both for its breadth than for its design. Finesse, the rear unit is minimal - a stylistic feat made possible through the adoption of a flashing light and deported on the mounting plate.

A hybrid scooter and motorcycle

In addition to this distinguished and elegant style, Honda New Mid Concept is distinguished by its chassis inspired in part on the bike. Indeed, the Maxiscooter Honda adopts 17-inch wheels, a rear shock (Central Standard Link Pro) and a final drive by chain. Judging from the criticism of the Gilera GP 800, it appears that the latter element technique is not very wise on a scooter in that this type of transmission requires more maintenance than a belt for example. However, as the VFR 1200 F appeared in 2010, we welcome the fact that "NM" Aboard the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), an innovative technology into the two-wheeler segment. As we have seen on the VFR 1200 F, it allows a shifting more fluid and smooth, sequential mode using a handlebar control or fully automatic. New Mid Concept - whose name is probably not final - he will resume in full the DCT system? We do not know yet. However, the arrival of a model closely derived from this prototype is already certain."

An here is a picture:

New Honda... 77bb85545b3036b3cede48ec5b241227

Where do I sign up for one? Cool

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Peter,
Check in General Chat section under New Honda. I posted a link to Motorcycleusa.com's article about this new bike/scooter/crossover...
There has been no commital on engine size, yet.

Wes
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 pm

More pictures (courtesy of Wes Ingram's reply):

New Honda... 634242895397349994011

and

New Honda... 634242895459128766022

I really like this bike! IMHO it's much nicer looking than the Yamaha T-Max (to this point in time my pick for best looking maxi scooter motorcycle).

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:33 am

Interesting, but I see two things that would make it a problem for me.

First is the chain. I will not willingly EVER have a chain drive bike again. Evil or Very Mad

Second is under seat storage, as in it does not look like it has any. One of the reasons I bought the SWing to replace the GoldWing instead of the NT-700 is storage. 700 will not hold a helmet without a top box. The Swing swallows an amazing amount of stuff without anything hanging out in the breeze or making it top heavy. No

The rest remains to be seen. Question
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 am

Certainly like the design. Has a Yamaha TMax look to it. The big wheels are a plus too.

As for owning one. Jury's out at the moment, lets see what size engine they decide upon and of course the all important price tag Honda slap on it!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 am

Rear passenger pegs ... the passenger seat is probably removal able and useless.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 am

I really like it. Fresh design.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 am

Hardcore Rider wrote:
... snipped ... Don't know about ugly. It's certainly different. And not my cup of tea ...

+1
Back to top Go down
jimmyjohn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-10-30

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:22 pm

I agree that it wouldn't be my cup of tea & it's really not a scooter. With so many maxi-scotters available now, I doubt that this will take as a scooter replacement (maybe as a scooter alternative for some).

It looks too much like a BMW for my liking. Not that there's anything wrong with a BMW, it's just that I personally do not like the styling of any of the BMW bikes. The removable saddlebags look exactly like the BMW and it looks like it has that huge gas tank thing too.

SOMEONE is going to come out with a 750 or 800cc scooter over the next year or two. But it makes me wonder again why Honda is not announcing the MSRP of the 2011/2010 Swing.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

I really can't see who it's aimed at; Piaggio brought out the Gilera GP800 over two years ago but it hasn't really caught on although it's a lovely machine and indecently quick (I have ridden one).

I suppose Honda's reputation for reliability might give it the edge.

http://www.google.be/search?q=gilera+gp800&rlz=1I7DLUK_en-GB&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&redir_esc=&ei=7LPRTNKxJtDqObfmkIgM
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:42 pm

I merged teh two threads dealing with the single topic.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

New Honda... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Honda...   New Honda... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Honda...
Page 1 of 1