Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ballad of the Silverwing rider…

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  Empty
PostSubject: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:47 am

A Silverwing under my old butt
This great scooter, I can trust
Takes me here and takes there
My arrival, I do not fear

Smooth as silk the ride I get
Engine purrs at 80 plus
Down the roads I do ride
Sipping gas while I fly

600cc a working for me
I’ve got to stop to take a pee
Back on the road for here I’m free
The roads my life, God’s waiting for me

I Change the oil when ever I can
Keeping this scooter spick and span
When it rains I do get wet
But I dry and have no regrets

This roads my life, just one more mile
O’ Dear God please wait for me?

Last edited by DennisB on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to fix)
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  Icon_cheers Love it!
Thanks, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Thank's Mike, As you can probably tell....I just made that up. Just thought I'd give it a go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Great Ballad   Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Dennis; Have you put your ballad to music Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Try "Ballad Of The Green Berets" written by SSgt Barry Sadler. sunny
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Well dang it DennisB......thats just excellent. "Write On". :not worthy: Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks Jeff,

Some times it surprises me what a person can come up with 2 cups Nurse Cratchets strong coffee under their belt and some time to just kill a few brain cells early in the morning. It could have been longer, but I didn't want to put anyone to sleep. Glad you like it. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 pm

This is just a note to all the good people thinking about being a member on this forum. I'm just haven fun and we do, from time to time talk about technical stuff on the subject the Honda Silverwing scooter.

So...don't be scared and feel free to become members, well get back to the normal topics, soon.

Thank You. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey DennisB. The girls at work are putting on a rummage sale, and I have become " transporter of stuff". Always get a kick out of hauling in these priceless treasures from Shirleys Tempo, and Jacks Galaxie 500.
Today.....there's a box of records.......I'm a happy guy. Bings White Christmas, Alan Shermans Hello mudda, Hello fadda,......but there it was.... a 45 of "The ballad of the Green Berets". My next day off I'll ship 'er to Texas. Take care.....Jeff
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 am

Hey Jeff, we do like Barry Sadler in Texas, but you need to send that record to Oklahoma. I think they do have electicity by this time. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:16 am

[Said in a British accent]......"Oh you Texans think you are so smart,with your knees bent, running about.....I fart in your general direction." chickendance
Hi Hi Yo.......Wouldnt you think that I could get an address correct when it is two inches above my post? Jeez, I sent a money order to DennisB's house in Iowa for the hitch. I always remember Dennis at Xmas with a box of Omaha steaks delivered to his door in Flagstaff, and I paid those Dallas Cowby Cheerleaders a pretty penny to dance topless at DennisB's birthday party last year in Cleveland. "Oh Nursey Cratchit........could I have my meds now....and make it a double..........Nooooooo....not the tube!" Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:04 am

Dang it Jeff....What a wopper. You must have a little Texas blood running in your vains, by God!

Since I'm not from here originaly. If you look at the history of Oklahoma, nobody wanted this place until the government gave away FREE land here. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey DB.........A day off tomorrow.......I need to package a 45 and send it to you. 45rpm record that is. Some special agent probably thinks I'm sending BB guns through the mail.
Might be time to add a few stanzas to the Ballad.........if you could get ShaniaB to help you with the final mix.......we might have a hit on our hands. Could I be the drummer? band Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 pm

You got it!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Hey Jeff.

Got the 45 "The Ballad of The Green Berets" today and it really looks in good condition. I think I have some of those little 45 centers so I can play it tomorrow.

Thank you very much....Very Cool. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:30 pm

You betcha DB............It was a big surprise finding it, just days after you posted the "Ballad of the Silverwing Rider". Just like all my old 45's, she'll probably be crackly, and full of pops when you play 'er........but hopefully that will bring back some good memories! Thanks for being our Silverwing600 "Parts Guy"........you know,..... the guy behind the counter, that you could always count on, to answer your questions, save you a few steps, sell you only the parts that you needed, ask you to try bleeding the lines before you bring it in to the service dept.........you know......a good guy. Thanks to you DB. :not worthy: ........Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Jeff, Your very welcome....and Thank You. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Silverwing rider…    Ballad of the Silverwing rider…  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1