Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

trike kit for my silverwing

Go down 
+3
Opalsboy
honda_silver
Harleywld1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Harleywld1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Harleywld1

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-08-09

trike kit for my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:10 pm

I am locked in for #2.......Can't wait...............My Swing will be everything I need automatic & three wheels weeeeeeeeeeeeee.

swing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Harleywld1 wrote:
I am locked in for #2.......Can't wait...............My Swing will be everything I need automatic & three wheels

Trinity Trike??
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Hello Harley lady... I am excited too. Sure taking a lot longer than I wanted, but I am gonna hang in there ... being new product has design issues. I want Trinity to take the time to get it right. I believe they are. I am sure you got the same letter from Bob today. I feel things will advance faster for number 2 than it has for #1. I am weeeeeeing too. ( Not to be confused with wee weeing) Laughing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 am

Opalsboy wrote:
I have just removed my rear tire to send in the hub for my trike conversion kit.

What happened with the new sprocket design from Trinity Trike??
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:26 am

Bill, the supplier was not able to supply the sprocket at a reasonable price, so Trinity asked for and I sent the hub to them.

It has taken longer to get the trike kit finished than I originally expected. BUT... when I consider that this is a completely new product and does take some design, engineering and testing stages, it is not unusual. I want it to fit and nothing leak or squeak. I was in a big hurry early on, but now, I will get it when it is ready.

No big thing... too cold for Debbie ... I just bought a new Ford Fusion with SYNC (Cool)... had my last speech therapy session ... no one has spit in my face ... beat me with a whip .... hung a crown of thorns on my head ... drove nails through my hands and feet ... no, I have it pretty good right now... its Christmas ...

Merry Christmas Bill and Harleywld1
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:57 am

honda_silver wrote:
Opalsboy wrote:
I have just removed my rear tire to send in the hub for my trike conversion kit.

What happened with the new sprocket design from Trinity Trike??

As Gary said, having that complex a part made for us is expensive (close to $10k for a minimum run) and that's for just a couple dozen or so units.

It is not a "never" situation, it is just a "not yet" situation. So we use another tried and true method -- re-making and re-use of a donor part. We do some of that on every build (i.e. sprockets, pulleys, swing arm, etc.) So does most everyone else in the conversion business for that matter.

For background: we may look bigger than we actually are. We are more of a "custom builder" than a major manufacturer. That means we don't have buildings full of kits or even stock components for kits (other than the basics). We build them when you order them -- and we build each one like we were going to keep it for ourselves! And in the case of the S'Winger project, we have been designing & re-designing as we built the first half dozen units. We actually had a major "do-over" back in Oct/Nov regarding the assembly attachment on the left side.

But going into the project, these first faithful souls were told that the "production schedule" was of necessity, very open ended. Their patience is being rewarded with what amounts to a "third generation" design rather than some kind of "first attempts" on our part. Actually, since the SW shares much of the drive train with our Burgman TriBurg, there's not much "experimental" involved at all. The operative words adaptation, adjustment and acommodation come to mind.

So just like Wilbur & Orville or Harley & Davidson when they started out, it is Bob & Richard and few helpers and local vendors putting these things together. Come to think of it, you guys are in a great position. Look back, who wouldn't want a motorcycle actually hand built by Harley himself?? That's what you get with a Trinity -- the inventor himself is actually building it for you! You just have to outlive us before you can make a killing on eBay!! cheers

I avoid false prophesy as much as possible, but the first units should be on the ground this week. Just as soon as one of them is operational, I'll come back and post pics here myself.

Bob Witte, President
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.TheTrinityTrike.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Merry Christmas   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:59 am

santa Merry Christmas Orville,Harley, Bob and all you other craftsmen out there... santa
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:17 am

Opalsboy wrote:
santa Merry Christmas Orville, Harley, Bob and all you other craftsmen out there... santa

Thanks, Oh patient as Job! :rendeer:
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:39 am

Gary,
Is Trinity going to include (at no extra expense) the Seatec body work, or are you going to be stuck with the steel trailer fenders?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Merry Christmas to you Jon... you guys are suppose to get getting snow measured in feet. Enjoy your white Christmas... it is almost 50 degrees here today and there is one little bitty cloud in the sky way out west.... may be over your house.

There has been some discussion of the ABS fenders (is that the Seatec stuff you are talking about?). Last I heard not quite there yet, but there is a special body piece that is suppose to cover the mechanicals underside. That is being offered at no charge. Bottom line... I am not being "Stuck" with anything except a fine product that I am going to be very proud of when it is finished. Orville, I mean Bob, is working out the final touches now.

Isn't it great to be alive at this time of year?
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:04 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Gary,
Is Trinity going to include (at no extra expense) the Seatec body work, or are you going to be stuck with the steel trailer fenders?

Actually Seatec (aka Wayne @ True Northern Trikes) is doing a S'Winger body for a fellow in NS Canada. Actually, in the spirit of the season, I think Wayne should buy the trike kit from us and give it away with his body!! santa

As Gary indicated, I'm working on a set of molds to produce ABS fenders and other body panels which should be much more to the liking of our scooter friends without the higher cost of the hand laid fiberglass "body beautiful" that Wayne produces. Oh, and according to the paint vendor that we send our local customers to, the gel work on Wayne's body panels is the best he has ever seen -- in 40 years of experience, no less! Smile

santa Merry Christmast to all! :rendeer:

Bob Witte, President
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Actually, Gary, the snow is being it's normal self -- lots of it where the skiers are, none where the "real" people (meaning us bikers) are. It has been a bit chilly today and yesterday -- mid 30's F for the daytime high. It was in the mid 60's F earlier in the week.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Harleywld1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Harleywld1

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: trike kit   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:03 am

Hi everyone, I was going to cancel my kit, then I hit myself in the head when I realized how dumb I was..!!!!
going to try & get the rear wheel off today, we didnt have a clue ....
hopefully we can get it in the mail by Monday..Hope u all had a Merry Christmas & have very swinging NEW YEAR!!!! Smile queen
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 am

Harleywld1 wrote:
going to try & get the rear wheel off today, we didnt have a clue

http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/rearwheel/rearwheel.html
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:16 am

Harleywld1 wrote:
Hi everyone, I was going to cancel my kit, then I hit myself in the head when I realized how dumb I was..!!!!
going to try & get the rear wheel off today, we didnt have a clue ....
hopefully we can get it in the mail by Monday..Hope u all had a Merry Christmas & have very swinging NEW YEAR!!!! Smile queen

Remember we only need the center hub sections, so if you can cut the wheel off like we showed in the Update reports, it'll save a bunch for shipping. Regular ground will be fine.

Thought we'd have the first unit on the ground today, but Richard had a bad reaction to the paint he used last night. He is at the Doc's right with oozing eyes -- nothing's ever easy!! But it'll all be worth it!!

Pictures soon! Happy New Year cheers

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:31 am

honda_silver wrote:
Harleywld1 wrote:
going to try & get the rear wheel off today, we didnt have a clue

http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/rearwheel/rearwheel.html

Leroy's pic tutorial of rear wheel removal is great, but there is additional info needed if you have an '08 or newer Swing. There is an O2 sensor that has to be removed before removing the exhaust canister. It was omitted in these pics of an obviously older Swing.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 pm

One other obvious step that is not mentioned in the link above... remove the (4) four bolts holding the rotor to the wheel. Takes one of the allen wrenches. I am not sure, but I think it is the 6mm.
Postage to ship from Rison to Florida was $10.(something)

I had the wheel off in less than 30 minutes.
Have friend with Sawzall saw... took about 5 minutes to do the cutting.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
One other obvious step that is not mentioned in the link above... remove the (4) four bolts holding the rotor to the wheel. Takes one of the allen wrenches. I am not sure, but I think it is the 6mm.

AFAIK, most tire shops can change a tire safely with the rotor (disc) still on the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Yes... if you are going to ONLY replace tire, but if you are going to CUT the hub out, you might want to remove the rotor first... Laughing I have had tires replaced twice on the rear wheel before and the rotor stayed on both times...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi Gary,

Ripping into that rear wheel with the sawzall must have givin you a funny feeling. I know it sure would have done that to me. small moped
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:34 pm

You know me Dennis... rambunctious Gary... got the fluids flowing... I wanted to grab everything around me... lawn mover, wheel barrows, even gave the cat a little scare. Things calmed down pretty quickly though.
Now I am waiting on Orville... if I don't have my kit by March, may have to get the saw back out and head to Florida... Twisted Evil

I am a patient man....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trike kit for my silverwing   trike kit for my silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trike kit for my silverwing
Page 1 of 1