Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New SWing in KC

Go down 
+2
Okiebezer
smorkle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Bought myself my first Silver Wing today. It's an 08 but it's a left over one the dealer had in stock and it's brand spankin new. I guess I got a good deal on it.

I'm smorkle and I'm in the Kansas City area. I'll be at the STO rally ( http://scoottheozarks.proboards.com/ )next month with my new ride.

I've only been riding a couple of years. I've had (and still have) a 250cc Chinese scooter and I have just loved it. Please leave the Chinese scooter hating someplace else. There's room on the road for everyone. The only reason I got the SWing is because 250cc wasn't enough for a road trip. Needed something bigger. The 250 is great for around town, but I needed something more reliable and with more power for longer trips.

I'm a friendly sort and love to help more than I get helped. I would love to ride with you if you're in the KC area. We ride frequently on group rides around the area. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kcscooter/

Thanks,

Smorkle
Back to top Go down
Okiebezer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiebezer

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-07-16

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Welcome! I have found this site to be extremely beneficial and friendly. There are some great service tips and pictorial how-to's that people have created, which REALLY makes things worthwhile. I am a visual type that would rather look at the pictures and absorb the process vs. read every stinkin' letter of an instruction sheet. Makes more sense to me.

I also have a small round town ride, a 2009 Buddy 125. Small, especially after getting used to my '04 SWing, but very versatile when just wanting to run down the street to the store. Have to remember I can't goose it like the SWing and beat traffic. Only SWing mods so far have been a K&N filter and a PCIII unit. Been pleased with both items and have found advice and support on both here at this site.

Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Smorkle,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join in.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:13 am

Welcome Im 2 hours from you.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:07 am

Welcome to the board. I'm new to the SWing also, having recently bought a leftover 2009. These guys have been extremely helpful and possess much knowledge of the Swing and what can be done to customize it to one's own tastes and needs.

Ride safe!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Smorkle,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. If you get a change go to the "Albums" section (at the top in the Navagation bar) and create your own folder. You can post pics of your SWing and the 250cc scooter you have. Also post some pics of your rally you mentioned next month. Just look around and I'm sure you will find some good info. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:42 pm

I love the Chinese scoots, they have some seriously fun stuff going on, and an awesome online community.

I also love the Kansas City area, it's one of the most favorite places I've ever lived and the only place I regret moving away from except maybe Alabama. The people are awesome, very little traffic, tons of fun stuff to do like the Royals and Chiefs, and don't get me started on the food.

Welcome to the world of the Swing. it's almost 2.5 times as fun as a 250!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New SWing in KC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SWing in KC   New SWing in KC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New SWing in KC
Page 1 of 1