Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing600 Travel Support Section

Go down 
+13
GaryL
The Scootist
masscoot
honda_silver
Hammy
ronjr009
stevec
jimjotel
"Hi Yo"
MaxB
Opalsboy
JeffR
DennisB
17 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Silverwing600 Travel Support Section Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 pm

To All Members,

I was just wondering what you all would think of a new section called "Silverwing600 Travel Support". A section for listing the support area, Member Name, phone number, email, and what that member can offer/supply to other members...like lodging, mechanical help, or a trailer.

Please respond if you like the idea (or not) and would like to participate. Only Members would be able to read the information.

SAMPLE:

OK, NE Oklahoma Area - Tulsa, DennisB, Cell # XXX-XXX-XXXX, dennisberney@cox.net, can offer lodging, mechanical help, welding, and trailer to members.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Dennis,

I think that's a great idea in case some of us need help. I will give info if others are up to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Sounds good to me too.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Sounds goo to me.
State
City.
Name
Phone #
Help available
list of local shops you trust. and Ph. #

Maybe how far you would go to help. Like: southern IN southernIL western KY. Something like that.

I think address is not necessary, could be a bad thing in that ...well you know.
I do not travel by my S'wing but may need some local help on my M/C someday.
Someway to make it printable by
State
City.
maybe a PDF. printable file. (don't know how to do that stuff)
So you can take it with you on the road.

As the fellow recently who had trouble in Lafayette , I would have been too far to help him but maybe soemone closer. Or at least give local shops who could help. I did help a ridin buddy from VA when he broke down in St. Louis. Trailered and helped diagnose the problem. (Alternator) Goldwing. Got him to another friend that had a spare room. Then helped him load up to take home when his wife got here with the truck.

MaxB (who will put my name in the hat.)
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Silverwing600 Travel Support Section 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Interesting idea, but the devil is in the details. I don't have the expertise of others, but I am always willing to do to what I can to help fellow travelers. Count me in.
Back to top Go down
jimjotel
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 pm

If this takes off, count me in for support
Back to top Go down
http://jimtelford@bellsouth.net
stevec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
stevec

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 pm

count on me too
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 pm

It's a good idea Dennis. I'd be willing to add what I could. Other ideas could be...

1. Willing to suggest/provide expertise on riding routes in a given area.
2. Willing to provide a bike tour/lead a tour in their locale.
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 pm

You can count on me too. Mr. Hopefully-soon-to-be-unstuck-from-Lafayette Hammy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:02 am

I would help anyone that needed it if they got stuck in the Middle Tennessee area.

I'm not comfortable putting any private info like addresses and phone numbers anywhere but private messages. If anyone gets stuck in my area PM me and I should get the notification email within the hour.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:39 am

DuggleBogey wrote:
I'm not comfortable putting any private info like addresses and phone numbers anywhere but private messages.

I am the same way.

Even when I post the private information in email, extraneous data is included in the message to prevent scripting or simple parsing.

I realize that some people do not have have any problem posting their private cell phone numbers. If we had two or three people willing to do that or have their email forwarded to their cellphones ... I would be willing to leave my phone number with those two or three people, then they could call me to see if I am available and provide me any contact information for the assistance.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 am

Any public posting of personal information carries risks. This will have to be really thought out before implementation of an online system. In the meantime, if you get in trouble on the road, you can always get on here and do as Hammy did, yell, and someone is gonna be in the neighborhood. May be a couple of states away, but I would want to help any of you in any way I can.
Along that line, Hammy, how did you get the help you found? Is there some lists already there?

Luke (10:25-37).
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am

I like this idea and it would really knit a family web. Is there a way we can email by phone to a mailbox on the web? Then an alert would pop up and (Admin or Mods) could connect (send a reply) to you with someone on the list that is in your area:

Folks willing to participate would have there info on a *private* list accessable to a very limited group (Admin & Mods).

Say you get stuck in New England. You can email the forum for help.
The admin looks up New England members on the list willing to help and sends out phone info to both members and what svc is needed.

I am a little foggy this morning so if someone with more computer savy knows if this is possible chime in. I would be willing to participate and can provide a trailer, some mechanical repair, and info on shops in my area. I can reach most parts of the 6 New England states in less than 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 am

The problem with email notification is that most of us do not carry a laptop or may be is somewhere "outthere" on the side of the road.
At least one phone # is necessary , even if to call for the "restricted list".
Several other groups have call/assistance lists. One is the MTF group.

MaxB (who now has a cell phone) hahahhaha
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 am

I like the idea and would be glad to help a fellow rider in need. I also agree that there are some risks to posting personal contact information on the internet, but I think we can come up with a solution that would work. Count me in too.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am

Count me in as well. I do not travel with a laptop, so at least one or two phone numbers would be essential to contact the team.

As a new member, I was greatly impressed with the way everyone jumped to the aid of Hammy. Way to go, guys!
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 am

Sounds like a great idea.
Craig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Great idea
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Good idea. I share the privacy concerns expressed by others, but some good ideas have been put forth to address this.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:26 pm

When I still was a member of the BMWMOA I got an annual book from the management. It was the "anonymous". It contained only phone numbers and town, plus what the contact was willing to do. Since the club was a dues paying organization it worked very well. I don't think that it would work so well here.

If I'm not mistaken, the HRCA or GWRRA have something similar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm in. If anyone is ever passing through the Canadian Prairies and gets into trouble (other than with the law) I would be glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing600 Travel Support Section   Silverwing600 Travel Support Section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwing600 Travel Support Section
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: