Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:39 am

» Drive belt prices
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scooter in shop

Go down 
+4
scooterog
crahar
buddy19520
Peach
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:25 pm

We changed the plugs and it started. But it sounds terrible and tries to buck you. We got it to the shop this morning and are at their mercy.
I have no doubt that when they finish, it'll be the nicest scooter in town!
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Maybe there is a socket getting in the way in there?!! Laughing

Seriously, I hope it is a quick and cheap fix. If you read past posts on this site, and other (silverwing.org) sites, you don't find many posts about having to diagnose and fix problems with this bike. If you read the Aprilia site, or the Chinese scooter sites, that's about all you read about. Hopefully, your bike has some minor problem that is easily fixed.
Back to top Go down
Peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:20 am

buddy19520 wrote:
Maybe there is a socket getting in the way in there?!! Laughing

Seriously, I hope it is a quick and cheap fix. If you read past posts on this site, and other (silverwing.org) sites, you don't find many posts about having to diagnose and fix problems with this bike. If you read the Aprilia site, or the Chinese scooter sites, that's about all you read about. Hopefully, your bike has some minor problem that is easily fixed.

Haha, the socket (eventually) came out with the plug, so unless it caused some long-term damage, it's not the culprit!
I think it will be an easy fix, but I've never been lucky enough to get stuck with a "cheap" fix. But since I bought it used and I think it's been in storage for most of the time for a year. I'm sure it needs some attention on the inside that I would have to do eventually anyway. As he was rolling it in the garage, he noted a hole in the exhaust. Oh boy!
I'm not sure what the damage will be. But hopefully, it'll all be worth it in the end!
I saw several "good deals" on some snazzy Chinese scooters. One in particular on a Linhai or something like that. The guy claiming it was a yamaha, I think. But we stuck with our "No chinese" rule and I hope, hope, hope it was a good decision.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Once you get it fixed you should be able to put many trouble free miles on it with a little preventive maintenance on it I started to go with Chinese and am glad I didn't, a neighbor went the cheep way and has spent more in repairs than what a new Swing would cost, it's been in the shop as much as it's been on the road. He even brought a trailer so he could transport it from Beaumont to Houston where the dealer is. I haven't had to take mine in except for tire replacement after hitting some broken glass on the freeway and ruining both front and rear tires(large cut across thread)
Craig
Back to top Go down
scooterog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-29

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Bummer, hope you have a good shop, I found a bill under the seat in mine,,wouldnt start and was time for the first service, they changed plugs, oil, oil filter and added 1/2 gallon of gas.....$174....Rog
Back to top Go down
Peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Twasn't too bad. $215 for basically a tune up and replacing a headlight and removing the windshield. They changed all the fluids and filters and all that goopy-guy stuff. They had to replace the new spark plugs, too ha ha. Seems like there was more, but I don't have the paper in front of me and I don't remember.
Anyway, it runs like a sewing machine now. Doesn't make a sound while running. I still haven't gotten on it, because by the time I got off, it was raining cats and dogs, so I high tailed it home.
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Hopefully you will now have many years of trouble free riding ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
Peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:50 pm

som2002 wrote:
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Hopefully you will now have many years of trouble free riding ahead of you.

Oh i hope so!! The good thing is, I'm still "under blue book" on what I have in it, and I can easily "trade down" if I don't like it.

I'm really excited about riding again. It's been 4 days, and I'm having bad withdrawals!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Very glad it has been sorted out and you are ready to roll once the storms stop.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

ashleyroland wrote:
I'm really excited about riding again. It's been 4 days, and I'm having bad withdrawals!

That is how it starts Scooter in shop Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Happy for ya Ash!!! let the good times roll and roll and roll.

MaxB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scooter in shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooter in shop   Scooter in shop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scooter in shop
Page 1 of 1