Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 3:31 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 3:47 am

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 10:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Colorado!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Hello from Colorado! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Hello and thanks to JeffR for getting this site going. I look forward to following the many interesting discussions that appear on here. Have fun and ride safe. - DCC
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 pm

DCC,

Welcome to the forum. I was glad to start this site since it is a different format and just wanted a site that talks more about the Silver Wing, and other scooters, then religion and politics. Please post some pics in the Album when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:43 am

Welcome DCC!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 am

Welcome~ What a beautiful area to ride in. I spent three summers at Ft. Collins, the surrounding mountains are wonderful.

Last edited by driftwoodpoint on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hi Everyone   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:47 am

My name is Lisa and I live in New Jersey along the southern coast in Atlantic County. I have a 2008 Silverwing and I absolutely love it. I put 1200 hundred miles on it the first three months I had it.

When I was shopping around, the Wing just felt right to me. I didn't get that feeling with the Burgman and the dealer where I bought my Wing just went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The Burgman dealer acted like I was bothering them the whole time I was there.

My modifications include a GIVI E46 trunk with passenger backrest, a medium MotoFizz bag, a Garmin Zumo 550 GPS. I have a MeshTech riding jacket, an HJC Helmet(looking to upgrade to an Arai or Shoei), Alpine Stars boots and Aerostitch riding pants.

I have been to Virgina and the Honda Hoot (shame it was canceled this year), Massachusettes, the Pocono Mountains and the Hudson River Valley. This year I hope to ride Deal's Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:17 am

Lisa,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. These Silver Wings are nice, aren't they? Maybe you can post some pics of you and your Swing and ride pictures in the Album section. I have had my SWing for 22 months and just passed 20,000 miles and it is still smooth as ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Welcome Lisa. I feel the same way about my dealership. Even the guys in the service area are so helpful to me and I really appreciate that!
Safe riding...
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 am

Hi Scootist,
And welcome to the forum. I see you are from the Littleton area and I am vaguely familiar with that section of Colorado and Denver and have relatives out there too. I spent about 24 years out east of Colorado Springs in the Calhan, Co, area (about half way between Colo Spgs and Limon on Hwy 24). What a pretty state to live in; no matter where you go. Maybe I'll make it out that way someday and we can hit the road together?

Ride safe friend,
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Dicko:
Thanks. I would love to meet up if you are in the area. I have several pretty nice routes that I would like to try -and show to other riders. What part of KS are you in now? I spent a lot of time in the Pittsburg area 20 years ago doing mine reclamation stuff. That is a nice area too. One of the very best steak houses is(was) there. Ever heard of Jim's Steak House?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:11 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I guess I should have placed this in the new members section, sorry about that folks.

As soon as the weather warms up a bit, I will take some new pics of my scooter..ok, so I named my scooter Sir Lancelot of Swoyersville..I might as well get it out in the open now.... :lol!:

I can't wait to get out and ride again this year..
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:09 am

Scootist,

Welcome to the site. I really hope to get out to CO someday to ride. I'm intrigued by the plains in the east and the mountains in the west. Beautiful country to ride in. If you ever come east the roads in east TN and west NC are amazing.

Lisa,

The Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Parkway are a great ride and you'll enjoy them. Leave yourself time to explore and to deal with weather issues. It gets foggy and wet up in the elevation. The southern terminus in Cherokee, NC is close enough to Deals Gap that you can make both in one ride. Then head east and return north through the outer banks of NC and up US-1 along the Atlantic coast. It might be slow going through lots of towns, but I'd bet it will be scenic.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Colorado!   Hello from Colorado! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Colorado!
Page 1 of 1