Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?

Go down 
+5
dickie
The Scootist
joncallihan
dspevack
crahar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? Empty
PostSubject: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Had a face to bee encounter, which makes me curious as to how often you hit bugs and what damage you receive in such an encounter. Hitting around 60 mph I had a bee hit me and go under my chin strap and sting me fortunately I was just a couple of minutes from the house and able to get a Benadryl cap to bite on(learned to carry my allergy meds in case it happens again) Do you hit many bugs and what are the results?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:33 pm

The scariest thing to me is a bee or wasp stinging me while riding.

I don't know that I would be able to keep my cool.

I have hit many bugs in my time but none that sting, fortunately.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:53 pm

I learned to ALWAYS wear gloves one hot summer day many years ago. I was going about 25 - 30 mph, a bee was going the same direction, about 5 - 10 mph. Unfortunately its stinger part was the first thing I hit. The poor little bee gave its life, just so I could have a swollen Harley Salute digit for the next hundred miles.

A second time, one came in the side opening of my helmet. Fortunately, I was able to get stopped and the helmet off before any damage was done. Now I always ride with the face shield closed if I am going more than about 20 mph.

Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? Affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Dan:
Just a week ago I hit a bee with my cheek while I was cruising along at about 60 mph. It stung me before I was able to swipe it away with my finger. It all happened so fast I didn't even think about what I was doing. Years ago, while I was riding shirtless on my old 10-speed bike, I crossed paths with a wasp. He got enmeshed in my chest hair and stung a path half way across my chest before I was able to smear him into bits. I still hate those nasty little buggers...
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Check out this video of what happens when wasps get angry. :::shudder::: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? Affraid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSBhVLcaOg

(Turn the volume up for full effect)
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:28 pm

A few years ago I had a bee lodge in my helmet and got nailed from the bugger, right on the temple. It took a great deal of composure to get stopped and get the helmet off. Hurt like the dickens. I have been stung before while riding but not like that. Dick
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:27 am

Had a bee get in between a t-shirt and me once while out on a ride around Lake Superior. We were coming into a beautiful little tourist town (Bayfield, WI) and it tagged me twice on my stomach. I was pulling on my t-shirt to get it untucked and get that thing out as we rolled down toward the parking area next to the pier. I parked the Reflex and hopped off the bike, I was pulling that t-shirt off. I had no idea that there were hundreds of people coming off the ferry and I was slap in the middle of them with my helmet still on and my mid-riff exposed and I was rubbing those welts for all I was worth. My wife was laughing so hard. I'm not hysterical about bees around me, but I don't care for being stung.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:00 am

You know that air vent that blows over the dash? A bee hit that opening in the front of the bike and my face got sprayed with bee parts. Thankfully the stinger was inoperative. Anyway, we all know the last thing that went through that bee's mind.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:03 am

The BEE!!!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:27 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
I parked the Reflex and hopped off the bike, I was pulling that t-shirt off. I had no idea that there were hundreds of people coming off the ferry and I was slap in the middle of them with my helmet still on and my mid-riff exposed and I was rubbing those welts for all I was worth.

It is not funny when it happens to you. If you are not allergic to bees, then others may have found it humorous.

If you were wearing Green Bay Packers colors, then the ferry passengers may have thought it was a football jig Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?   Who usually Wins You Or The Bee? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who usually Wins You Or The Bee?
Page 1 of 1