Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Looking to Buy...

Go down 
+3
sonuvabug
Erdoc48
Scottncol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottncol
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2023-11-18

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 10:26 am

Looking to buy a Silverwing in great condition.

In the USA, Pittsburgh, PA.

Let me know if you have anything for sale.

Thanks!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 12:18 pm

Not sure where in PA this is reference to you (PA is pretty big)- anyway:

https://m39t6.app.goo.gl/sKREt

Looks nice, 2013 and 5800 miles, so (hopefully) a good buy (but a higher price)
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 1:35 pm

Scottncol.  First, welcome aboard the board.  

Secondly, be careful with the link provided above.  Unless I'm mistaken, that "2013" Silver Wing in the pictures isn't a 2013 model.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 6:43 am

It looks good but $5999 USD? Sorry I feel it is 1-2K too high. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 8:33 am

Yup, when I posted the link, I guess I didn't realize the high price and the year is wrong…maybe it’s a 2012? There’s ~ 17-18 of them on CycleTrader.com, some look pretty good (they’re tough to find in pristine condition)- some have lower mileage but are rough, and some with higher mileage actually look pretty decent. I was just looking at that one because it’s in PA.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2020-12-26

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 12:44 pm

" Unless I'm mistaken, that "2013" Silver Wing in the pictures isn't a 2013 model." what made you think that  scratch I've seen several 2013 in person and they are "exactly identical to my 2012, asking for a Vin number would clear that up.

Dealer always overprice their bikes, especially scarce, low mileage examples, I've seen used Burgman's 400 at similar price point, but look like they spent a season at "Demolition Derby", not to forget the dealer fees added on, etc. Whatever scooter you buy, look at everything, even lie on floor and look under!, check dates on tires (most dealerships are required to sell bikes with serviceable tires) and ask for service records, regardless of mileage, any SW600 you find would be over 10yrs old, fluids, etc. are due change, good negotiating points.

BTW, I paid $5K total OTD for my 2012 w/10K miles at a dealership, 3yrs ago. including tag, tax, title, fees, etc., etc., came with new Shinko tires and fresh oil change, some minor cosmetic flaws/scratches (not anymore), was looking for over a year, best I found, no regrets.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 5:26 pm

2013 the last year for SW. Bought mine from them in late 2015 new for $5k big sale Honda was unloading them and deals to be had. SW was at $9200 msrp new and didn't sell all that well. I believe last three years 2011-12-13 were all black.

That bike was listed for a while and was $6400 last time I checked might be a little wiggle room make them an offer its Winter sales are slow. I might be going up that way on Friday-Sat. I'll take a look and see the condition. Used bikes are cheaper no freight and other fees except tax title and plate.

It's a 10 year old bike so expect to do some maintenance unless old owner did so.
Back to top Go down
BigGuido
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-10-26

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2023 12:37 am

For what it’s worth, in October of this year, after looking for six months or so I found a 2012 SW with 6,250 miles. It was in great shape and the dealer put on two new tires, an oil change w/filter, fork seals, certified everything to be safe and in good working order, and shipped it to me from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Sacramento California for a total of $4747.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 7:39 am

BigGuido wrote:
For what it’s worth, in October of this year, after looking for six months or so I found a 2012 SW with 6,250 miles. It was in great shape and the dealer put on two new tires, an oil change w/filter, fork seals, certified everything to be safe and in good working order, and shipped it to me from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Sacramento California for a total of $4747.

Congratulations! Sounds like a great deal, especially with the shipping.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 9:10 am

zrx212 wrote:
... snipped ... " Unless I'm mistaken, that "2013" Silver Wing in the pictures isn't a 2013 model." what made you think that  scratch I've seen several 2013 in person and they are "exactly identical to my 2012, asking for a Vin number would clear that up.

Although the SWings were imported into Canada only up to the 2009 model year, I thought the cosmetic design changes started with the 2013 model year i.e. dual headlights etc..
Back to top Go down
Scottncol
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2023-11-18

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 9:51 am

still looking!
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2020-12-26

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2023 3:19 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
zrx212 wrote:
... snipped ... " Unless I'm mistaken, that "2013" Silver Wing in the pictures isn't a 2013 model." what made you think that  scratch I've seen several 2013 in person and they are "exactly identical to my 2012, asking for a Vin number would clear that up.  

Although the SWings were imported into Canada only up to the 2009 model year, I thought the cosmetic design changes started with the 2013 model year i.e. dual headlights etc..

US model SW600 had literally same body style from 2002-2013(end), AFAIK the "SW-T600" with new body style, gauges and abreast headlights, etc.,etc., was sold in other markets from 2011-2017  scratch , when/where exactly old style ended, and new style was introduced is kind of blurred scratch

I really like the new "T" body style, looks like more wind protection, but no real changes in chassis or drivetrain, the single RH headlight low beam is kind of a step back IMO, should have taken headlight clues from the Burgm ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 11:58 am

Thanks. I too like the "updated" look although we never saw them in Canada. I think the original SWing design is classic and timeless. I guess I've been looking at EU model pictures and mistakenly associated them with the US models too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking to Buy...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to Buy...    Looking to Buy...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to Buy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: Want to buy / Want to sell section-
Jump to: