Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

special tools needed for Malossi White installation?

Go down 
+2
Erdoc48
XDM©
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Empty
PostSubject: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 5:46 pm

So I'm looking into that possibility of installing a Malossi White spring. But looking into it I don't really see much instructions on how do do it. I see one thread on it but it looks like he's using a special machine to do it.
It's that necessary? Still I need any kind of specific tools to do that?
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 8:21 pm

Check here:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t12959-malossi-white-contra-spring-17kgs?highlight=Malossi+spring

EDIT:Sorry, I think you may have seen my link I put here- JohnyC would be the person to ask since he did this mod.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 5:08 am

Hi XDM
There are plenty of Youtubes on how to remove/replace the drive belt on a Swing. Once your at the point of being able to remove the belt by cracking the L/H varaitor lock nut also crack/loosen the r/h driven face lock nut(you will need the hand brake on, and probably a hand full of rear brake to crack the nut) before  you remove the belt. The R/H drive face assembly is removed as one unit.

The only "Special Tool" you need is a universal pully holder, No "Factory" tools were needed to undertake this work.

The "Machine" is just a lashed together compression tool to compress the driven face unit, consisting of a plywood base, some 12mm threaded bar, a square compression bar and 2 curved spacers to allow access to the circlip that holds it all together.

special tools needed for Malossi White installation? 20230119
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Screen17

Hope this helps

Be safe, be seen!
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2023 6:21 pm

I used a piece of alum channel measuring 2 1/2 x2 1/2 x 2 1/2 with a 3/8” hole in the center and a 4 1/2” piece of flat aluminum with a 3/8” hole drilled into it with a 18” piece of 3/8” rod ,2 nuts and washers special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1114
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1113special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1114
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1113

You tighten it down till it’s compressed enough and there’s no pressure on the snap ring ,remove the snap ing and then loosen it till all pressure is released,while I had it apart I also installed a Malossi SportFly clutch and Malossi beltspecial tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1212
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1213
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1212

Variator holder
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_1213

You can stop by most glass shops and get a 2 1/2” x 6” x 24” piece of alum tubing and that length is scrap so after explaining what you’re going to use it for it’ll probably be given to you for free,carve it up at home using a jigsaw and you’ll be set,you’ll also be able to get the variator holder out of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 3:01 pm

Hmm, that doesn't look terribly hard to pull off. Provided I can find them cut already as I don't have any Dremel or cutting tools.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 5:04 pm

XDM:copyright: wrote:
Hmm, that doesn't look terribly hard to pull off. Provided I can find them cut already as I don't have any Dremel or cutting tools.

Well the glass shop could rip it down for you for a small charge ($20?) ( the material for this will come out of is scrap )they may ask you to come back, give them these photos and you’ll only need to pick up (2) 1/4-20 x 1” screws/bolts with (2) nuts ,and a piece of 3/8” threaded rod 18” with (2) nuts , snap-ring pliers

special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_0610
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_0513
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_0514

Last edited by Johnbil09 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 5:09 pm

special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Img_0516
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Hate to ask: What’s the benefit of the Malossi spring? I know it’s of greater length than the OEM one, so I assume it applies more spring pressure to the driven face (I assume it prevents it from going into higher ‘gear’ more rapidly)- greater acceleration is the result? And if you use this, would heavier weights, like a 28 gram type (I have 26G sliders and the OEM spring in mine) be indicated?
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 9:37 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
Hate to ask: What’s the benefit of the Malossi spring? I know it’s of greater length than the OEM one, so I assume it applies more spring pressure to the driven face (I assume it prevents it from going into higher ‘gear’ more rapidly)- greater acceleration is the result? And if you use this, would heavier weights, like a 28 gram type (I have 26G sliders and the OEM spring in mine) be indicated?

I used Google before doing mine “Advantage of the White Contra spring” and it was one part of 4 things needed to improve the CVT so I installed all four and the difference in the bike was night and day,I installed 3 parts with Malossi products ,belt,White Contra spring and SportFly clutch with 28 gram Dr Pulley sliders , I recall folks saying 24-26 gram sliders increased performance off the line but raised the rpm’s at highway speeds and 28 gram was the sweet spot keeping the rpm’s close to stock so that’s what I went with,I may try 30 gram sliders if I find a set that someone tried but didn’t keep installed.

I installed the Hyperpro springs today ( I followed what forum member The Bern wrote on changing them) and after seeing the stock springs I now understand why the front end was nose diving with even the slightest use of the front brake,not only was the stock springs thinner gauge but the coils looked like they were overstretched making for a very light spring ,again the difference was felt immediately,Honda should’ve used a beefier spring in the front end. You only eliminate the spacer ,not the spring seat which a forum member told me to remove ,the spring would’ve been right on the fork cap which is a no-no ,it’s a spring seat not a washer.My front brakes were also close to being metal to metal but surprisingly the rears still had some meat left on the pads which are the ones I expected to be worn thin.

I bought my bike in March without knowing it’s service history so now I completed doing everthing I wanted to do starting my own service records of when it’s was done and at what mileage ,I found someone to mount and speed balance the City Grips 2’s for $90 each ,which I did one at a time starting with the rear first this way I did the springs while the front tire was being done. New headlights next.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 7:35 am

Thank you for the information!
Back to top Go down
ezed1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ezed1

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2023-07-28

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 3:43 pm

Johnbil09 wrote:

Well the glass shop could rip it down for you for a small charge ($20?) ( the material for this will come out of is scrap )they may ask you to come back, give them these photos and you’ll only need to pick up (2) 1/4-20 x 1” screws/bolts with (2) nuts ,and a piece of 3/8” threaded rod 18” with (2) nuts , snap-ring pliers

Good stuff thumbs up  special tools needed for Malossi White installation? 1f44d  John and Thanks
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 pm

ezed1 wrote:
Johnbil09 wrote:

Good stuff thumbs up  special tools needed for Malossi White installation? 1f44d  John and Thanks

Your welcome,I’m glad I can help
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
Thank you for the information!

Your welcome,I’m glad I can help
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 12:11 pm

A little late, but I've made DIY tools that came be made with simple hand tools and a drill motor,  they have worked great for me over the years, the torque/contra spring compressor is fairly simple to duplicate, this pic shows using on my Burgman 400, but same principle for SW600, you can use square pieces of wood instead of sockets shown or any suitable/available spacers, etc.

The variator holder is just as simple, had it forever. Sorry if I posted these before  scratch

special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Torque11
special tools needed for Malossi White installation? Sw2212
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: special tools needed for Malossi White installation?   special tools needed for Malossi White installation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

special tools needed for Malossi White installation?
Page 1 of 1