Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
K-Hill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2022-09-07

Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees Empty
PostSubject: Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees   Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 1:01 pm

I have the HB plastics off, I've loosend the nut/bolt for the steering stem, but can't get them to move. I've tried 'brisk' blows with w deadblow hammer (think quick, not strong, don't need to break or bend anything), I've even tried hammering in flathead srewdriver into the 'clamp' to get it to loosen up so it would move - but no luck.

Any ideas before I go ripping all of my dashboard apart???
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees   Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 4:57 pm

The steering stem locknut needs a special tool but that may not be the problem. The handlebar mount clamps onto the stem further down. If you slacken the clamp you can realign the whole handlebar mount.

There is some slack in the mount fitting. It's. only tiny but it's enough to offset the handlebars.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees   Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 6:42 pm

Bars might be bent from a drop.

Most of the time it's a fork-axle alignment issue that causes this. Google it on how to realign forks. Loosen lower fork pinch bolts, axle nut pinch bolts then bounce front end a few times retorque all bolts.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees   Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 2:55 pm

I meant to ask if the bars are out of alignment on both sides? If so, I reckon it's the slack in the handlebar mount. If it's just on one side then I would agree it's a bent handlebar.
Back to top Go down
K-Hill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2022-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees   Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks all, I got it sorted. A couple more 'taps' with the dead blow hammer after loosening the top clamp and it's good to go. Thank you all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees   Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handlebars are out of alignment to the right a few degrees
Page 1 of 1