Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Broken coolant bolt - Help!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonathan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-03-08

Broken coolant bolt - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Broken coolant bolt - Help!   Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 2:12 pm

So the coolant bolt snapped from the inside and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get it out? Any ideas will help a bunch, thanks!Broken coolant bolt - Help! A7808810
Broken coolant bolt - Help! 1b7e3610
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Broken coolant bolt - Help!   Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 4:34 pm

You might as well remove the thermostat housing. That will give you better access to the broken bit inside. Drilling a hole into it and using an 'easy-out' could work.
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Broken coolant bolt - Help!   Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2023 6:31 pm

I cant make out from the image if the bolt has sheared off but assuming it has you may be lucky..........

I had the same issue on the opposite side of the engine when fixing the grommet oil leak, a bolt sheared off but I managed to rotate what was left with a small flat screwdriver. If it is seized you could try heating up the bolt by using a car battery and touching the bolt with the positive cable , this applies the current directly to the bolt and burns off the oxidization.

DISCLAIMER - This method works and allows you to target the bolt directly unlike using a blowtorch , care must be taken as you wil get some sparks when you make/break the connection. Make sure you have no fuel leaks on the bike or get out in the open where there is plenty of fresh air circulating to avoid any combustion of fuel vapour.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Broken coolant bolt - Help!   Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Is that the coolant drain bolt?  If so it's in the water pump not the thermostat housing. Water pump has two parts and the outer unbolts without pulling the pump but get a new gasket old one will never reseal.
There might be enough threads sticking out to get a bite on it after splitting it. Broken coolant bolt - Help! Img_2017
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Broken coolant bolt - Help!   Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2023 9:21 am

Sorry, my mistake. We are talking about the water pump not the thermostat housing!!

As mentioned above, removing the pump outer cover might leave enough broken bolt to get a grip on it. IAC an easy-out might still work after soaking bolt hole with WD40.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken coolant bolt - Help!   Broken coolant bolt - Help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken coolant bolt - Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: