Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
My first post here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My first post here

Go down 
+5
Erdoc48
Dutch SilverWing
GHM-PM
JohnyC
mrchipster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mrchipster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-02-21

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Sr rider (retired) currently have a 2006 Helix and new to me a 2004 SWing.

Originally from Minnesota but now live in The Villages, FL since spring 2001.

I rode early in my life but gave it up until about 14 years ago when i bought a Yamaha XC180

Rode the Yamaha for about 3 years then sold it when I found a great deal on the 2006 Helix. Have been riding that ever since.

I put 18K miles on the Helix in 10 years, never did any rides over 170 miles and only rode it in the summer (it was Minnesota BTW)

I got the SWing about 3 weeks ago and have been going over it as it only had 1000 miles added to it by the second owner. Currently the SWing has 17K miles

Replacing all the fluids, Drive belt, adding DrPulley sliders 26G, new hoop tires, spark plugs, and brake pads.

Bike runs great but since it sat for such a long time i feel it was good to do all of the maintenance even if it's mileage does not call for it.

I am looking forward to communicating on this site it appears to have some very knowledgeable people.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 6:13 am

Welcome to the Forum mrchipster for all things Silverwing and a few more besides from the UK.
There is a wealth of knowledge within this forum, to unlock it, make friends with the search bar, works best I find with key words. Failing that, just shout out for help!
I look forward to reading your experiences on 2 wheels.

Be safe, be seen!

99 Suzi Burgman AN400
09 Swing FJS 600

Basketball
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 6:43 am

Welcome! We are here to help you, have fun with your scooters!
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 10:24 am

Welcome to this great group
Greetings from the Netherlands 🙏🏼
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2022-05-31

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 3:34 pm

‘Replacing all the fluids, Drive belt, adding DrPulley sliders 26G, new hoop tires, spark plugs, and brake pads.’

I think these are all good things to do and after that, it should be good to ride for some time without worry. A few people here have had the gas tank leak due to rust (mine had that as well but was corrected before I took ownership from the prior owner)- I usually use ethanol free fuel as much as possible but since you’re in Florida, you can likely drive the old fuel out pretty regularly. I’m in the process of making mine back to factory (got a new front mask/ fascia as mine was pretty beat up due to falls when stopped). I plan to keep mine for a longggggg time.

Best of luck with yours!
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 4:01 pm

Welcome aboard the board mrchipster.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2023 11:49 am

Welcome to the BEST SWing forum on the net mrchipster. Lots of info here with people ready and willing to help. The "Search" box at the upper left is also your friend once you get used to it.

I have an 08 SWing that I bought from my sister in Milton, FL in 2014 and trailered it back to MN. I did all the things you did to yours plus a new battery and tires. It sat under a tarp for 2 years before I bought it. While waiting for the battery to arrive I did most of the other things. I also used jumper cables from my pickup just to check the lights etc. The truck wasn't running so I didn't have to worry about too much voltage or amps. All the lights worked and just for the heck of it I hit the starter to see what would happen. It turned over about 3 times and popped right off with no missing or smoke. Needless to say I was happy!

I had a Motor Trike Kit installed on it in January of 2018 and have no regrets. Now that I'm used to it I love it more than I did at first. It's a different way of riding.

My first post here Coborn50
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 2:12 pm

Welcome along mrchipster. My SW had been standing for a while when I bought it so there might be one or two gremlins hiding in there, but nothing too serious.

Enjoy the forum. I like to think that we've just about got it covered here but feel free to ask if you come across a snag which may not have been covered.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 10:06 pm

Hi, just down the road from you, need any advice/help LMK love to work/tinker on anything mechanical, especially scooters/motorcycles. We are a 2 Maxi scooter home, but I do most of the work/mods/riding.
BTW, there's actually quite a bit of maintenance due or overdue at 17k and 18yrs, but looks like you are on it. Welcome thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post here   My first post here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first post here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: