Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs

Go down 
+4
JohnyC
Loosemarbles
zrx212
Cosmic_Jumper
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs    Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 9:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Basketball

So.. got your attention have I ?

For the last 2 weeks I have been experimenting with "Strapadicktome" commercial tuning items for my 09 Swing.

Disclaimer... this is my personal journey in to modifying my scooter. It is not a lesson in how to do it and I will not be held responsible for any one copying or messing up their scooter!

That said I do have rather a surprise.

Based on the mods I did to my first scooter, a 1999 Suzuki Burgman an 400.... New belt, DrPulley 26g rollers, and a carb tune up.
BTW, changing the rollers was an amazing upgrade and so worth the difference in performance with little loss in economy.

To set the stage a bit of infill is needed. on acquiring the Swing I decided to strip down the CVT(19.5Kmls on the clock) to "have a look", I also removed the driven clutch assembly to look at the clutch plates.Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 20221211Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 20221212

As you can see from the picture the needle bearing in the rear was looking rather black, so I acquired a replacement to fit when the Malossi spring arrived.
I was unable to find a seller for Dr.Pulley rollers for a Swing but I did find TechPulley Flying rollers 26g, apparently same gene pool father and son.
Once fitted it was off to test them...Drive engagement RPM rose from 2000 to 2500 over stock rollers. I was most disappointed, yes there was an improvement in acceleration but no where near the same level of difference as the Burgman and it was too buzzy/revy around town(Goldwing economy) poor. Also as others had noted the odd chirp/squeek from the CVT when you hooned it. I also fitted a Booster Plug fuel injection device but I have already sung about it's virtues in a previous post reply. *(Link to Booster Plug info below)
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 20230115
A few pictures on replacing the driven plate Contra spring.
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 20230116
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 Clutch10
Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 20230117
The needle roller bearing can either be knocked out with a suitable long screwdriver(if it's not being kept) from the other end or use a blind puller 27mm.
I used my clamp system to push the new bearing in with a socket WARNING.....THERE IS NO BLIND STOP FOR THIS BEARING(SEE PICTURE) so push gently, I went maybe 2.5mm to far but the bearing has spare land on the shaft both ways but I will keep an eye on it until the blind puller turns up to correct things.
The threaded bar for the clamp is standard 12mm high tensile threaded bar cut to the appropriate size, it has to compress 7" into less than 4"to remove the circlip holding the spring on.

Time for another test ride ooh, drive engagement is now 3000rps and it goes up the road like a cat on fire, great for the traffic light Grand pre or the drag strip but watch the fuel gauge fall

* https://www.silverwing600.com/t11352-booster-plug?highlight=“Booster”
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs    Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2023 12:51 am

While compressing the white spring, Honda shows the sheaves spread with the belt as deep as possible between. It is hard to conceptualize but Honda's intention seems to me to cause reduced interference between spring and nylon collar. The outer sheave twists a little in relation to the inner sheave and that causes the spring to spread and close, spread and close. Admittedly, it is slight. Without having a clutch in front of me Honda's purpose is even more confusing. But I always do it their way.
Back to top Go down

Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2