Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

turn signal flasher relay location

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2020-09-18

turn signal flasher relay location Empty
PostSubject: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 1:10 pm

Hi all!

I've checked the repair manual for the location of the relay, but can not seem to find it. I'm using the online version, and it's a bit of a pain to go through.

Could anyone direct me where I'm going? pictures would be great if anyone has any

Thank you,
mark
Back to top Go down
vwtom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2021-11-10

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 1:35 pm

I believe it is part of the instrument cluster - as when I had my cluster disconnected...I had no turn signals.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 1:38 pm

turn signal flasher relay location Df079010

Sorry for the poor quality photos but the flasher is built into to Combination Meter circuit Board.

turn signal flasher relay location 42c62510
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 1:56 pm

Thank y'all so much!

especially for the pics!
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 pm

Good pic- this is why I went with amber LEDs that were ‘error free’ as the older Honda bikes (and I’m sure others) have a plug in module, not one soldered to the board. Why did they make it like that???
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 5:02 pm

Here is a link to “Uncle’s” post on the Singapore Bike Tech Corner forum explaining his bypass of the imbedded flasher module. Be sure to copy/paste the photobucket links to see his photos for a more complete understanding of his mod.

https://www.singaporebikes.com/topic/31014-ltinfogt-silverwing-400cc-600cc-tech-corner/page/10/#comment-4227818

Something like a Novita Technologies HT47 flasher relay (electronic, LED compatible) should work for this modification.

turn signal flasher relay location 50ac4010
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 7:56 am

Now I remember why I never switched the SW to LED turn signals... EGAD not worth the effort imho!
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 10:44 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Here is a link to “Uncle’s” post on the Singapore Bike Tech Corner forum explaining his bypass of the imbedded flasher module. Be sure to copy/paste the photobucket links to see his photos for a more complete understanding of his mod.

https://www.singaporebikes.com/topic/31014-ltinfogt-silverwing-400cc-600cc-tech-corner/page/10/#comment-4227818

Something like a Novita Technologies HT47 flasher relay (electronic, LED compatible) should work for this modification.

turn signal flasher relay location 50ac4010

Thank you so very much for this, Cosmic Jumper! Was not looking forward to messing with the cluster, or the additional part removal. something about getting the dash panel (surrounding the steering column) clips to line up took forever, the last time I took it apart.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 2:27 pm

Just curious, what kind of problem are you having which leads you to focus on the turn signal flasher?
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 3:11 pm

I’m assuming the OP wanted to switch to LEDs as the indicator bulbs seem pretty dim (at least that’s why I did it).

Interesting point of discussion. On my 2000 ST, I was having issues with activating the turn signals such that sometimes it would take more effort or holding the switch in the on position to get the indicators to light (and sometimes there was a delay in the indicator going on). It seemed the more the bike sat un used (if I didn’t ride for a few weeks), the worse the problem got (and I had opened the switch and cleaned all the switchgear which didn’t help either). I swapped out the flasher and in my case it didn’t correct the problem. What it was was ultimately the handlebar switch and getting a new one of these corrected the problem (but was a bit of a PIA to get to the connector on the ST). I didn’t mind getting the new flasher unit because I have LEDs all around in all of my bikes at this time (and didn’t have the error free LEDs for the STs at the time).
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Just curious, what kind of problem are you having which leads you to focus on the turn signal flasher?

well, my signals both all went out. I'd had a previous problem, several months ago, where the fuse kept blowing and the signals would die. Turned out to be a loose washer in the switch making contact with the metal. Fixed that, and they worked until last week.

Signal went out, so I check the fuse. It's good. still, I check the switch. it's good too.
at first, when I'd flip the signal on, id get a rapid clicking or static sound (couldn't tell for certain, as my ears aren't so great). Sounded like a malfunctioning flasher relay though, so I figure "I'll take the front off and chase the sound.

Just my luck, I take her apart, and the sound stops. So, back to the manual to trace the path.

I tried the workaround today, and no effect. I couldn't figure out how to pull the wires from the 12p (new to automotive electrical), so I used t taps to join the wires.

T taps may not have penetrated enough, but I still haven't found anything on how to pull the wires from the 12p. Again, very new to automotive electrical issues.

The s'wing is my daily, and the shops around me don't work on imports, and I want to learn this, but I think I may just buy additional signals and switch to jury rig. Idk what else to do (other than take it to Honda and cut off an arm).
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 3:56 pm

Unless those wires are first removed from the 12 pin plug using T-taps will leave the imbedded flasher in the circuit. There are ears or tabs on the contact side of plug wires which must be pushed in before the wires can be removed from the plug body.
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Unless those wires are first removed from the 12 pin plug using T-taps will leave the imbedded flasher in the circuit. There are ears or tabs on the contact side of plug wires which must be pushed in before the wires can be removed from the plug body.

Ahhh! I saw those tabs, but wanted to find confirmation on whether I would break it or not by pushing them.

I did not realize redirecting the circuit would be dependent on breaking the old one. figured it'd be like daisy chaining audio equipment or lighting.

Thank you, Tim. I'll give it a shot and report back
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 5:35 pm

Well, for some reason, that did nothing.

I'm gonna go ahead and order some external signals.

I greatly appreciate the help, Tim. If it crosses your mind, whatever else it could possibly be, please let me know.

Time for me to try to understand why you can't daisy chain the circuit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turn signal flasher relay location   turn signal flasher relay location I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

turn signal flasher relay location
Page 1 of 1