Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

October, November forum photo

Go down 
+6
Mech 1 twa
Dale N.
Loosemarbles
Erdoc48
GHM-PM
Cosmic_Jumper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

October, November forum photo Empty
PostSubject: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 7:23 am

This photo from FB of Martin Zimmerman’s unique Silverwing. Kind of showing some fall colors on the trees there in Johnson County, NC.

October, November forum photo Eb99d610

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 8:05 am

Excellent photo! Nice change and the colors are fitting as well.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 10:41 am

Nice! I see he’s a darksider as well. I wonder how the SW handles with a car tire in the back.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 10:54 am

I had a darkside tire on my 2003 SW for almost 40,000 miles. It was never a problem. While I favored long distance riding I even rode the Tail of the Dragon with that tire. So it worked well for me in either circumstance. And because of the flat contact patch it does require a bit of personal adjustment when first becoming acquainted with a darkside tire.

Here’s a link to an earlier darkside discussion. Bandito2 also has a very informative and well thought out piece regarding darkside tires he posted elsewhere. You’d have to search for it.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t6783-has-anybody-tried-a-165-65r13

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 10:57 am

An unusual study angle. That darkside made me do a double-take. Cool looking SW thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Nice photo and colors Tim!!
I've been riding on Darkside tires for a few years now. But that doesn't quite count seeing as they are on my Trike. And it's really really hard to lean into the corners with it... LOL
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 12:41 pm

I've just realised that it's the lack of rear mudguard (fender) which got me! scratch
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 7:57 pm

That's a different look I like it almost Sport Bike like. I'm not willing to give up top case though. Fender and rack missing.

Fall colors might not be all that great this year much of country very dry.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 1:28 am

It does look interesting without the rear mudguard, box and rack, it shows off the rear shocks, nicely old-school.
I won't be doing that to mine though, the constant stream of rain water off the back wheel would make me mouldy, but if you live somewhere arid and you don't need the practically of a box why not?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 5:35 am

Interesting, one of the main appeals of maxi scooters for me is the ability to carry loads of stuff, so apart from under seat storage a rear rack and top box are essentials.

Removing the rear rack means no grab rails which apart from being there for the passenger are useful for strapping Ortlieb or similar luggage bags to.

I sometimes cover bags strapped to the passenger seat with a Pacsafe mesh luggage net and use the grab rails to secure it.

More importantly the grab rails are there for hauling the 550 lbs plus Silver Wing up onto it's main stand.

Somehow young Martin manages it, so it can't be a problem for him.

As for that big car tyre and no rear mudguard, I wouldn't like to be riding behind him in wet weather, or worse a stretch of road that has loads of loose stone chippings on it.

Not that would ever happen as I'm in Blighty.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 6:52 am

And ,,, another great picture of the Silverwing. Being such a photogenic bike ...how could you ever miss getting a great shot of this machine!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2022 9:06 pm

What is that thing hanging from left bar end? It's blocking the Tach from angle photo was taken. Any guesses I don't have a clue? Copied the photo and zoomed in still can't tell what it is bolted to end of bar.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2022 11:23 pm

It looks like it could be a lead fishing weight. If so then maybe a budget heavier bar end weight?
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: November Picture   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 6:19 am

Like the picture ...but what year is this Silverwing. The back end is different ...or is this just showing my lack of observation skills?

Winter is getting closer and soon time to bring my battery in for storage where it won't freeze. Hope many of you saw the Lunar Eclipse Tuesday morning.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 8:02 am

Dunno the year Mike, but here’s a link to our discussion regarding the photo posting.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t12866-october-forum-photo?highlight=October
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 8:21 am

Thanks Tim ! I missed that discussion.

I hope all is well in your world.

It has been a rough summer in mine. Trying to clear out 3 generations from the family homestead and sell the property. Then it was found I have advanced prostate cancer. Talk about a bummer !! Completely tired out and missed the riding season. Lately we nhave seen phenomenal riding weather for late October/ early November ...but my weakness and balance tells me to stay off the Silverwing for now.

Take care,
Mike

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 8:27 am

Hi there again Tim, Guess I hadn't missed the discussion after all. My brain is fried these days. LOL...

Mike
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 1:22 pm

Mike from NS wrote:
Hi there again Tim,  Guess I hadn't missed the discussion after all.  My brain is fried these days.     LOL...

Mike

Well if your brain wasn’t fried you have a hard time fitting in here Mike.
Back to top Go down
Salth2ofish
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2021-05-01

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 pm

This site is a little hard for me to navigate, yet here I am . A friend told me that my silverwing was on the homepage of this site. And sure enough, it is. To answer a few questions y’all have, it’s a 2006. The only year that blue was available. These pics were taken after I did a few mods just to clean up the look a bit just to see if it could look alittle more sleek. And yes, I think it does. Or,did. I put the rear fender and the top box mount/rear spoiler thing back on for a couple long trips I took. 600 miles up to the blue ridge parkway on a good day trip, and a 1300 mile few day trip to ride in the north ga mts. The ONLY thing that sets my swing apart from every other one I see, is the fact that it’s an 06. No swing owner should have to ask what year is that? Blue=06. But I wanted to really change it up a bit in those pics, so I plastidip led the lowered skirts black along with the passenger footrest mounts. Removed the fender, and the rear “spoiler” grabrail thing. Also “debadged” it. Cleaned the look up a lot. But was nothing permanent. Maybe I’ll get this site figured out and post a few current pics from my last 2 trips. Thanks for the interest in my scooter. Dave.
Back to top Go down
Salth2ofish
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2021-05-01

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 11:43 pm

As far as the “weights” on the bar ends go, asthetics only. But I guess they technically could be called bar end weights. They are saltwater fishing weights. My screen name reflects my interest in fishing. “Salt-h2o-fish”.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2022 3:42 pm

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October, November forum photo   October, November forum photo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October, November forum photo
Page 1 of 1