Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» Goodbye guys
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:27 pm

» noise under load
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Syncing carbs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-04-08

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 11:49 pm

Hi
I have a homemade nanometer which i hooked up to the ports the tubes of the map sensor go to. When i disconnected from the map sensor to hook up the nanometer the motor ran like sh.t so i turned up the idle to keep it running and adjusted the mix screws till the vacuum was balanced.... I just want to confirm i did this correctly....there are two other porta further up the carb with tubes ....... The mix screw did respond although the engine ran really rough
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:29 am

Syncing carbs Air_sc13
Syncing carbs Air_sc12

These are the instructions from the service manual. By disconnecting one tube only from the T, you are keeping the MAP sensor in the loop and avoiding the rough running.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:35 am

Bloody hell , i know where i fubared,,
Thanks much..... 👍
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:42 am

You can download the manual from the Facebook Silverwing owners page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167150373692150/permalink/452001751873676/
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:46 am

Thanks a lot ..... i Really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 6:46 am

Hello again
Wondering what the air screw position should be before synchronizing? No mention of it in the service manual
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 10:44 am

i think i got it now... so you adjust to balance and then increase or decrease the amount of air to increase rpm's, then balance again and repeat the process until the max rpms are reached.... then adjust the rpms to idle specs.... 1350 +/- 100 RPM.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 4:34 pm

The ultimate aim is to get the same vacuum in both intakes for smooth running, and the idle at the right point. Syncing carbs Vtx1010

This image is actually of a VTX1800 V-twin but the Swing uses the same general layout. The idle screw and the fast idle wax unit interact, controlling a bypass around the butterflies (which are fully closed at idle). Then the two air screws adjust another bypass.

I'd expect you could achieve the right balance/rpm results with either the air screw adjusters just a little open and balanced to each other and the idle screw opened more, or the idle adjuster open just a little and the air screws opened a lot (and balanced to each other). Or anywhere in between.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 5:45 pm

Gonna give a try both ways as soon as the rain stops , I did get it balanced but for some reason the engine louder which brought this complexity on...thanks again eh
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:02 pm

Balancing them is the key. Throttle bodies can become dirty after many miles it would be nice to clean both first but difficult on SW so much needs to be taken apart.

Since you already turned air screws there is no way of telling original positions and factory manual has no spec. for it only the guy at the factory knows. Start at maybe 1.5 turns out and set idle speed hot then balance them. If it takes more than 1.5 turns to balance than increase or decrease the other screw. Get them close and check idle speed and set them again. Screw are just air bleeds in throttle bodies.

Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 11:24 pm

What I did was loosen the idle screw 5 turns or so turned out the air screws about 5 turns balanced the carbs at this point......it was idling at about 1800 rpms. Then turn one side half a turn in and again. Balanced them and turned the air screw again half a turn balanced them using the other screw and repeated the process to 1300 rpm the set the idle to 1400..... Viola .... Smooth ride without sure or excessive vibration and the engine runs quitely again..... Thanks for all your help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syncing carbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syncing carbs   Syncing carbs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syncing carbs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing-
Jump to: